collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[Today at 11:02:33 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 11:01:42 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 11:00:13 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Match Thread - EFL Cup Rd3  (Read 18582 times)

Offline devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
Re: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Match Thread - EFL Cup Rd3
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:28 PM »
Play a proper keeper and have better players on bench we go through. Blame at managers door

Chelsea had lukaku on bench we didn't take ings or Watkins

Disgrace

Oh do give it a rest will you?

Offline django

« Reply #511 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:41 PM »
Good performance against some good players. I can see why Dean didn't put any of the young players in the 5, it will be water off Ashley Youngs back but might have weighed a bit heavier on Archer if he'd missed.

Shame as it leaves fewer opportunities for some of these players to get games this season, but when the draw was made I thought wed most likely go out so I'm not too devastated.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2021, 10:08:16 PM »
I enjoyed that.Pens? Whatever.Some real skill out there from our youth.This will only stand them in good stead

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2021, 10:08:47 PM »
Play a proper keeper and have better players on bench we go through. Blame at managers door

Disgrace

Willllllmaaaaaaaa

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #514 on: September 22, 2021, 10:08:59 PM »
Very impressed with them tonight, some real optimism for the future with this squad. Full credit.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #515 on: September 22, 2021, 10:09:44 PM »

Disgrace

Steer is a proper keeper and a good one as well.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #516 on: September 22, 2021, 10:10:14 PM »
The negativity is ridiculous. Heads held high.

This.

Great game plenty of positives and for the first season in a long while we have genuine talent in the second string who are actually pushing for a start in the first 11.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #517 on: September 22, 2021, 10:11:59 PM »
We need to stop slagging off Dean, especially when the line up comes out.

This team is competitive and the players have clearly bought in. Regardless of formation or personnel decisions we are not going to roll over for anyone anymore. We are a lot stronger than we let on and the boys need support.

We need to remember that if we want to hoover up all these fantastic kids we've got to reward them with first team football. It's all well and good training with the first team squad every day, even making the bench but nothing comes close to running out with the first team on a match day.

Dean may have weaknesses but bringing through the kids ain't one. It's just a shame their cup run has come to an end but the experience will have done them the world of good.

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #518 on: September 22, 2021, 10:13:10 PM »
Proud of them, we have some seriously good youth players - and our squad players are looking good too.  So far this season I think we have looked really good considering all that happened. 

Penalties today probably summed it up - with a bit more luck and composer, this would have been a very good start to the season. 

2 years ago - if you said we would have taken a strong Chealsea team to penalties, with 100m+ of talent injured or rested I would have laughed at you.

Think they are all doing us proud.  Only thing I am slightly nervous about is Emi10 - think he looks a good player, just not sure he's record signing good.  Think some of that may be fitness and not getting a run in the team though.

And - although Steer dived while the penalty taker was still putting the ball down, he's still probably made the most important penalty save in the last 10 years.

UTV

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #519 on: September 22, 2021, 10:14:35 PM »
Proud of the team that played tonight however with a slightly different selection we would have won this in the 90 minutes. And surely Cash or Archer would have been a better choice than Nakamba.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #520 on: September 22, 2021, 10:14:45 PM »
The 90 min cup ties + penos are great.

Respectively disagree. Great is Brian Little destroying QPR in a 3rd semi final at Highbury. Great is winning the cup at Old Trafford in a 2nd replay with a Chris Nicholl screamer and more Little magic. None of these would ever have happened with the present system.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #521 on: September 22, 2021, 10:15:56 PM »
I'll go with ratings

Steer 7 - some fine saves, never lets us down
Cash 8 - I've been critical of him in the past but he was brilliant tonight and great assist
Tuanzebe 7 - lost Tuchel a bit for the goal but that aside was very good, he's a fine defender
Hause 8 - A warrior, especially when Lukaku came on
Young 6 - lots of critical comments on match thread but I thought he did well v CHO. Not great with the ball though.
Nakamba 8 - excellent performance, surprising me of late
Sanson 7/Chucky 6 - Sanson was very impressive before injury, Chucky took a while to settle but made a few nice runs
Buendia 6 - did ok, missed a big chance but grafted hard. Bit of work to make our first X1
Traore 7 - fitness coming along nicely, surprised to see him come off to be honest so hope not injury related
AEG 7 - poor in first half bit seemed to grow a pair at half time and battled far harder in second half. Always gets into good positions, decent chance missed
Archer 8 - missed two big chances but a truly brilliant header. Good movement throughout

Deano 8 - ballsy selection but fully vindicated. Seeing Tuchel throw on likes of Lukaku and Mount while we brought on kids was brilliant.

Offline Kevin Dawson

« Reply #522 on: September 22, 2021, 10:16:21 PM »

Disgrace

In my opinion, you're the disgrace.

Fine, battling performance, and a little unlucky not to have gone through. Several huge pluses tonight....

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #523 on: September 22, 2021, 10:17:29 PM »
For me it is Steer that is the player most in risk of his place in the squad.  I thought Tuanzebe and Hause looked pretty solid for a new pairing against Werner, Lukaku (less so), Mount et al. A shame to lose Sanson when he was looking very comfortable and assured early in the first half. 

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #524 on: September 22, 2021, 10:18:10 PM »
The post-match thread is up and running.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal