collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Resale of tickets punishments  (Read 20736 times)

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: Resale of tickets punishments
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2021, 07:33:33 PM »
I can’t get to the Chelski match so I’m going to give it to a relative, do I have to inform the club via telephone and how does he complete the covid pass form

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2021, 08:03:51 PM »
You can forward the form to him, he completes it with his own name and details, it’s all OK.
We had looked into it last week and that was all that was needed.

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2021, 08:15:20 PM »
You can forward the form to him, he completes it with his own name and details, it’s all OK.

Thanks Amfy, do I need to inform the club

Offline exigo

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2021, 08:35:20 PM »

Mate did exactly that this morning. Two minute phone call – club swap the references over and send out an e-ticket. They then just said make sure the new ticket holder knows the protocols to get into the ground.

« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2021, 08:38:13 PM »

Mate did exactly that this morning. Two minute phone call – club swap the references over and send out an e-ticket. They then just said make sure the new ticket holder knows the protocols to get into the ground.

Thanks exigo, he hasn’t got a ST or membership, does that matter to the club?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2021, 08:38:52 PM »

To be honest that’s the bit I’m not sure about because it was the person who was giving me ticket who spoke to the club, & the club just left the tickets in the original person’s name & said it’d be fine if the form applied to the person who was actually going.

I am thinking that filling the form out in the name of person going, by default, does inform the club - but it might be worth giving them a quick call if you are worried.

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2021, 08:52:14 PM »

To be honest that’s the bit I’m not sure about because it was the person who was giving me ticket who spoke to the club, & the club just left the tickets in the original person’s name & said it’d be fine if the form applied to the person who was actually going.

I am thinking that filling the form out in the name of person going, by default, does inform the club - but it might be worth giving them a quick call if you are worried.

Thanks amfy

« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2021, 01:37:02 PM »
Update

Rang Villa ticket office today (+44 330 323 1874) and told the very helpful Liz that I was unable to attend the Chelski match. I said that I usually attended with my daughter but wanted to give my ticket to her husband. Liz said “no problem” took my details, his details and said that an e-ticket would be in my inbox within 30 minute, which it was. I forwarded this to my son-in-law and jobs a guddon, easy as pie.

Thanks amfy and exigo for your help, much appreciated

richtheholtender

« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2021, 10:07:27 PM »
I sold my ticket back to the club for Burnley. Any ideas on what happens now? I an assuming the person who brought the ticket with have the right to go but any ideas on what happens if they can't make it? Will I still get the refund for the ticket or will I be given the chance to go automatically?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2021, 05:45:35 AM »
Can you pass on a ST to a friend with the ST holders details not matching the different name on a Covid pass? Will they refuse entry?

Offline frank black

« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2021, 06:35:15 AM »
I sold my ticket back to the club for Burnley. Any ideas on what happens now? I an assuming the person who brought the ticket with have the right to go but any ideas on what happens if they can't make it? Will I still get the refund for the ticket or will I be given the chance to go automatically?

I expect you’d be out if the loop for that ticket as it belongs to the person that bought it or the club, if they refund them. You’ll probably have to buy when you can separately ?

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #146 on: December 26, 2021, 06:43:20 AM »
Can you pass on a ST to a friend with the ST holders details not matching the different name on a Covid pass? Will they refuse entry?

I don’t know. If it was me I’d dM the support on Twitter, requesting etkt transfer to their ID and to generate a fresh form to that ID.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2021, 03:58:20 PM »
So my £55 seat in Upper Trinity for Chelsea that I sold back to the club has yielded me a return of £28. Remind me again why I shouldn’t just sell it on myself?

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2021, 09:13:10 AM »
So my £55 seat in Upper Trinity for Chelsea that I sold back to the club has yielded me a return of £28. Remind me again why I shouldn’t just sell it on myself?

To be fair, you're not going to get the match ticket price for something you paid considerably less for as a season ticket holder.

But the 20% admin fee they charge for a risk-free sale where they make a significant profit is a joke.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #149 on: December 31, 2021, 09:19:00 AM »
Man alive!

I doubt I'll bother in future if the return is barely half the face value. Think I'd rather keep the option of changing my mind about going up until the last minute.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal