collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Utd away  (Read 5817 times)

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
Re: Utd away
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2021, 05:17:25 PM »
Mike 'Look at me!' Dean is ref for Saturday. There's no way that he's going to miss the opportunity to have a say in this game.

Either Ronaldo will 'win' a hat-trick of penalties or he'll be sent off.

Either way I doubt that Mike will not be one of the talking points after the game.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2021, 05:31:48 PM »

It's bad enough their plastic fans and all the media now referring to them as just United like there's no other United in football. Man City fans now think they're the only City too. It didn't take them long to turn into what they despised about their neighbours.

I think it's because they're two big clubs in the same city, both with the place name too, so they get called United or City for ease of differentiation. You don't need to do that with the likes of Newcastle and Leeds for United, or Norwich and Leicester for city because they're all one club cities. People don't seem to get so righteous when people refer to the bitters as 'Albion' despite there being Brighton and Burton with that in their names as well.

I accept that but it does make you wonder how they survived all these years being call Man Utd. It's a recent thing and it really boils my piss. We all know their fans are at best gloryhunting twats so it's no surprise but when you hear it on MOTD or in the press, you just know they're kissing arse to the Plastics. Give it a year or two and they'll be listed in the league table as United and City.

If Chelsea suddenly start being referred to as the 'Blues' in every article and TV reference I'd smile at little but feel sorry the likes of Everton. Each to their own I guess.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »

It's bad enough their plastic fans and all the media now referring to them as just United like there's no other United in football. Man City fans now think they're the only City too. It didn't take them long to turn into what they despised about their neighbours.

I think it's because they're two big clubs in the same city, both with the place name too, so they get called United or City for ease of differentiation. You don't need to do that with the likes of Newcastle and Leeds for United, or Norwich and Leicester for city because they're all one club cities. People don't seem to get so righteous when people refer to the bitters as 'Albion' despite there being Brighton and Burton with that in their names as well.

I accept that but it does make you wonder how they survived all these years being call Man Utd. It's a recent thing and it really boils my piss. We all know their fans are at best gloryhunting twats so it's no surprise but when you hear it on MOTD or in the press, you just know they're kissing arse to the Plastics. Give it a year or two and they'll be listed in the league table as United and City.

If Chelsea suddenly start being referred to as the 'Blues' in every article and TV reference I'd smile at little but feel sorry the likes of Everton. Each to their own I guess.

I agree with the general sentiment but if it's a match we're actually playing against them, I'd probably shorten it to United in the same way I would Villa, Albion, City or whatever.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2021, 05:40:01 PM »
My dad used to almost explode, every time he heard someone refer to them as Man U.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2021, 06:20:29 PM »
As a sometimes Man U user, what is deemed wrong with it? I'd never call them United. I might refer to them as Yanited, bit like Citeh

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 07:09:43 PM »
Its generally been man u for me.
Tye two big clubs in one city explanation is true i guess, but getting far too close to the inter and milan thing. Surely we dont want to approving of that kind of comparison. Man U, Man city tyat it for me.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2021, 09:24:52 PM »
A - Who are "Utd" ?

B - It's only Monday

A = Biscuit from the 1980s

Colchester United?

Correct, the clue was in the packaging.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 09:28:47 PM »
Hold on Pelsall Villa, I think we need to clarify who we mean by "the Villa".
Not the same.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 05:54:01 AM »
It always been Manure for me.

Offline steamer

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 07:02:48 AM »
Newton Heath or Man U
Referring to them as Utd is far too respectful and disrespectful of all the other United's.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 07:21:09 AM »
I'm not really keen on Utd whatever United it is is.
Proper clubs don't shorten their names.

Aston Villa.....beautifully symmetrical, with five letters in each word.

Offline Hopadop

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 07:49:40 AM »

There was an all-United clash last season between the Manchester and Sheffield variety and the pitchside person for TV asked a Sheffield Player his thoughts on 'the United chance' that he'd cleared. The player concerned didn't even think to question it. Arseholes.

My brother in law (a Blade) gets really angry about the 'original United' being disrespected this way.  Which is the only acceptable reason to do it.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2021, 09:34:46 AM »
man u - no capitals.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 09:54:25 AM »
Old skool supporters HATE being called Man Yoo. Was a derogatory term apparently used by Leeds.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2021, 09:56:21 AM »
Old skool supporters HATE being called Man Yoo. Was a derogatory term apparently used by Leeds.

Man Yoo it is then.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal