collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:54:17 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:51:38 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:50:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 10:47:03 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 10:46:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Everton post match thread  (Read 20888 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Everton post match thread
« Reply #255 on: September 19, 2021, 09:41:10 PM »
Reckon Everton fans are in for a rough couple of years.

I was reading through one of their forums after the game yesterday and they seem to have neatly divided themselves into half who hate Benitez and everything about him, and half who think he's a good manager for their current situation.

It's like a pitched battle which is going to see them yelling at each other all the time, regardless of how the team does.

The team meanwhile will always finish between 7th-11th, so nowhere near good enough to win over those that hate him, and nowhere near bad enough to warrant getting rid of him.

Could be worse obviously, but they're basically just in for a few years everyone shouting at everyone else, with no room for nuance.

Rafa going to be their McLeish really.

Pretty sure in TSM season we started the season about 7-8 unbeaten and were top half until December but it was never really convincing despite fans remaning patient. Then everything exploded on that night v Bolton, same will happen at Goodison at some point around March.

They were missing key players tbf yesterday as Coleman, Pickford, Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison would've all started if fit so big chunk of first 11 to take out (although we've made Everton teams with those in it pretty average in last two seasons).

Feels though once Gray and Townsend go off the boil they'll have next to no creativity and their defence really isn't good at all if you run at them as we showed second half yesterday.

They're just treading water until they move into the new stadium and perhaps then they'll spend decent amount again.

Club we should be finishing above this season.

Everton arguably were just getting on top before we scored the first but they are very poor. I'm not sure what more Benitez is meant to do with them. Have spent no money and dealing with the consequences of giving manager after manager before him a blank chequebook. Still have likes of Rodriguez, Delph, Tosun, Sigurddson? on the payroll...another bomb squad. They spent about 30m on that Iwobi and he must be one of the worst attacking players in the division.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #256 on: September 19, 2021, 09:43:52 PM »
Or as their forum put it, they've spent £500m over the last half a dozen seasons and have their best centre back at right back, Salomon Rondon up front, Andros Townsend on the wing and nothing on the bench but academy players.

That's our-first-season-in-The-Championship levels of financial screw-ups.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #257 on: September 19, 2021, 09:44:48 PM »
Or as their forum put it, they've spent £500m over the last half a dozen seasons and have their best centre back at right back, Salomon Rondon up front, Andros Townsend on the wing and nothing on the bench but academy players.

You love to see it. At other clubs.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #258 on: September 19, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »

And they've spent about £60m in paying off managers.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2021, 09:50:01 PM »

In true Kevin Keegan style, I’d love to see it at Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City, really love it.

Offline mike

« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2021, 10:11:51 PM »
Sorry if this is a dim question... what formation did we go to when Targett came off. I presume Bailley was an out and out winger so who was right full/wing back? I appreciate this outs me as a non real fan as I cannot travel 60 miles each way to VP in my current fiscal and familial circumstances and won't touch Sky with a bargepole even if Villa are on it.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #261 on: September 19, 2021, 10:32:20 PM »
Hope your nephew gad a great day caster.

He did thanks. I’ve learned a pro tip for the young ones… ear plugs! It was a bit loud for him at times, that was the only issue. Great that the ground was rocking though of course.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #262 on: September 19, 2021, 10:43:22 PM »

Particularly Everton and Spurs.  Don't know why, but I've always had an irrational dislike of those two.

Online Ian.

« Reply #263 on: September 19, 2021, 10:51:44 PM »
Sorry if this is a dim question... what formation did we go to when Targett came off. I presume Bailley was an out and out winger so who was right full/wing back? I appreciate this outs me as a non real fan as I cannot travel 60 miles each way to VP in my current fiscal and familial circumstances and won't touch Sky with a bargepole even if Villa are on it.
Well that depends on who you ask…

Round 193 of was we playing 532 / 352 / 433 debate!

Online Ian.

« Reply #264 on: September 19, 2021, 10:52:41 PM »
To be honest Mike, I had no idea what we was playing be we certainly battered them for a twenty minute spell.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #265 on: September 19, 2021, 11:20:27 PM »
Reckon Everton fans are in for a rough couple of years.

I was reading through one of their forums after the game yesterday and they seem to have neatly divided themselves into half who hate Benitez and everything about him, and half who think he's a good manager for their current situation.

It's like a pitched battle which is going to see them yelling at each other all the time, regardless of how the team does.

The team meanwhile will always finish between 7th-11th, so nowhere near good enough to win over those that hate him, and nowhere near bad enough to warrant getting rid of him.

Could be worse obviously, but they're basically just in for a few years everyone shouting at everyone else, with no room for nuance.

Rafa going to be their McLeish really.

Pretty sure in TSM season we started the season about 7-8 unbeaten and were top half until December but it was never really convincing despite fans remaning patient. Then everything exploded on that night v Bolton, same will happen at Goodison at some point around March.

They were missing key players tbf yesterday as Coleman, Pickford, Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison would've all started if fit so big chunk of first 11 to take out (although we've made Everton teams with those in it pretty average in last two seasons).

Feels though once Gray and Townsend go off the boil they'll have next to no creativity and their defence really isn't good at all if you run at them as we showed second half yesterday.

They're just treading water until they move into the new stadium and perhaps then they'll spend decent amount again.

Club we should be finishing above this season.

Everton arguably were just getting on top before we scored the first but they are very poor. I'm not sure what more Benitez is meant to do with them. Have spent no money and dealing with the consequences of giving manager after manager before him a blank chequebook. Still have likes of Rodriguez, Delph, Tosun, Sigurddson? on the payroll...another bomb squad. They spent about 30m on that Iwobi and he must be one of the worst attacking players in the division.

Yes Iwobi is one of those all fart and no s*** types....Sigurdsson is errmm "unavailable until further notice" and didn't even know Delph and Tosun were still actually there.

Calvert Lewin and Richarlison would've certainly given them more threat on the counter attack though so good time to play them with all their injuries. But then likes of Watford and Brentford would say the same about us.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2021, 04:12:34 AM »
Watching the replay Danny Ings vision to spot Bailey and then the execution of the pass was pure brilliance.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
Watching the replay Danny Ings vision to spot Bailey and then the execution of the pass was pure brilliance.

agreed and went unnoticed by most media outlets

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »

agreed and went unnoticed by most media outlets

...and a portion of our fans who commented that Ings was poor at the weekend?! Certainly watching a different game to me!

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2021, 12:22:07 AM »
Yes, a wonderful ball from Danny for the third goal. He almost scored another 'worldy' from that brilliant free-kick move in the first-half.

He and Ollie haven't quite struck up a partnership yet, which might be behind the adverse comments.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal