collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Everton post match thread  (Read 20865 times)

Offline Allan C

Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Everton post match thread
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2021, 08:22:07 PM »
Brilliant, all round excellent. Matty Cash’s face when he scored was an absolute treat. What I like is the depth of the squad. We can call on real class now to change things from the bench. We may have sold our best player in years but the squad overall is stronger

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2021, 08:24:27 PM »
Majestic 30 mins in second half. Cash was mom by some way but understand sky kissing Leon’s bot. Pleasure to watch and we really going in right direction. Top four in two years without a doubt 😍

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2021, 08:32:44 PM »
Bailey. Fucking hell.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2021, 08:35:25 PM »
Brilliant result against a decent team with a brilliant manager and only three pages of comment! Had we lost there’d be ten pages of moaning. Superb performance. Didn’t mind the first hour at all, we negated them, then BAM! Bad luck continues with injuries to McGinn and Bailey, both of whom were superb, especially the latter (shades of Morley for the goal) Doug great, Cash MOM, thought he was exceptional throughout and a great first goal for the club. And Mings played like a man possessed, not technically great but an absolute mountain. That’s why he’s captain. Cloud nine. Wonderful. UTV!

Everyone busy watching strictly🤣
Enjoyed that. Bailey - what a cameo. Cash fabulous. Defence solid. The season has started.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2021, 08:35:33 PM »
I love Cash, so energetic and enthusiastic and that goal was superb.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2021, 08:35:41 PM »
Very patient performance by the team. Just shows what quality and depth on the bench can bring. Makes the crap journey up a distant memory. UTV

Offline Scovilla

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2021, 08:37:12 PM »
Well done Villa. It feels good. As was said before we are à much better team this year.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2021, 08:38:26 PM »
Just got home - what a fantastic second half! VP rocking like that is the best place to be on earth!

Does anybody know what happened before the game quite near to the Holte Hotel? There was a bloke on the ground bleeding badly from at least one cut on his face and other cuts too. There was another bloke near him who had blood on him too. The police were there and it all looked very serious. Hope he is okay

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2021, 08:44:18 PM »
Usual Everton supporter  saltiness on their Facebook pages. All those injuries against a “shit” Villa side that aren’t even that great.
Bless.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2021, 08:46:55 PM »
Usual Everton supporter  saltiness on their Facebook pages. All those injuries against a “shit” Villa side that aren’t even that great.
Bless.

They've always been like that as far back as I can remember.

Tbf I have no issue with them, I don't think there are two more evenly matched clubs in the country than us and Everton.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2021, 08:49:16 PM »
Brilliant result against a decent team with a brilliant manager and only three pages of comment! Had we lost there’d be ten pages of moaning. Superb performance. Didn’t mind the first hour at all, we negated them, then BAM! Bad luck continues with injuries to McGinn and Bailey, both of whom were superb, especially the latter (shades of Morley for the goal) Doug great, Cash MOM, thought he was exceptional throughout and a great first goal for the club. And Mings played like a man possessed, not technically great but an absolute mountain. That’s why he’s captain. Cloud nine. Wonderful. UTV!
[/quote)

This for me.
Felt very even 1st half, bit of sparring match. Can i just say for all the criticism last season, Smith brough Bailey on at exactly the right time. That kid looks a class act. All the one on ones ive seen, i never one thought he was going to miss!
Buzzing now.
Matt cash, warrior, thats it

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2021, 08:50:27 PM »
My best mate and business partner is an Evertonian, and he predicted a 3-0 defeat for them when he saw the teams. A pessimist is never disappointed I suppose!

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
Cash was mom

He was mom, dad, the dog and the mom's boyfriend - imperial !

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2021, 08:52:35 PM »
Bless.

They've always been like that as far back as I can remember.

Tbf I have no issue with them, I don't think there are two more evenly matched clubs in the country than us and Everton.

The win puts us in front of them in the head to head games - 83 to 82 wins to us

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2021, 08:57:23 PM »
The reception Leon Bailey got when he came on spoke volumes about the fact that we knew that the team needed a creative spark. The performance was getting a bit stodgy and we needed something, someone to elevate the levels.

And boy did we get that. Cash scored a sensational goal and played well but Bailey provided that va-va-voom that gets you off your seat and exhilarates you.

Apparently his injury came from striking the ball too hard but he should be OK.

Our bench was sensational today and that more than anything says that we could be about to achieve something special this season.

Feels good travelling home after that second half.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal