collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Brentford Post-Match Thread  (Read 19535 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Brentford Post-Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 30, 2021, 01:21:41 PM »
I've only seen the highlights on MOTD so can anyone tell me why they were denied a goal when their player nicked the ball off Emi M? He had clearly released the ball so to my understanding he had every right to go for the ball. Or am I missing something? 
This is being discussed  ad nauseam on Emi thread however I also think he was a lucky boy to get away with it. As he released the ball their forward nicked it. Fair challenge in my eyes.

I posted the rules in the Emi thread. You can’t go for the ball if a keeper is bouncing it or just releases it so it wasn’t a fair challenge.
If those are the rules then fair enough but to me it's a very fine margin as to when  the ball is considered to be "in play". I don't think he should take that risk again when there's a striker in such close proximity.

It would be farcical without that rule, all the opposition would need to do is put a player on the keeper and they’d  never be able to kick it again.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #256 on: August 30, 2021, 01:56:50 PM »
Who really gives a shit what Toney did by the Holte? I'm more annoyed by our defenders (and Chuck, who was dithering around near him if memory serves. I'll let him off though as it was his debut and he's a nipper) who gave him space he could have played a round of golf in as the ball came over.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #257 on: August 30, 2021, 02:09:57 PM »
Who really gives a shit what Toney did by the Holte? I'm more annoyed by our defenders (and Chuck, who was dithering around near him if memory serves. I'll let him off though as it was his debut and he's a nipper) who gave him space he could have played a round of golf in as the ball came over.
that is likely to happen with a makeshift back 4

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #258 on: August 30, 2021, 02:32:32 PM »
Why was Bamford doing the same sign 24 hours later? Is he a Zulu warrior too?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #259 on: August 30, 2021, 02:36:03 PM »

He used to hang out with the zulus in his parents Staffordshire mansion.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #260 on: August 30, 2021, 03:07:21 PM »

He used to hang out with the zulus in his parents Staffordshire mansion.

I think it is meant to annoy us , I am impressed they can spell

Online martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #261 on: August 30, 2021, 03:53:15 PM »
Just watched the game back as I couldn't go. Villa have this tendency to play some exciting, vibrant stuff, but only in fits and starts. In between there's a lot of very ordinary huffing, puffing and hoofing. Increase the percentage of the first part and we could be very good. Some good long passing by Targett, amongst others, and some almost killer through balls where it just wouldn't run for us. Some dreadful refereeing decisions for some clumsy, calculated and very clear fouls late on, plus the long stoppage for Konsa, spoilt any rhythm we had going, making the last knockings very frustrating, even when I knew the result. Not too disheartened though. There's enough there with half the first choices out, to be optimistic.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #262 on: August 30, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »
I think most of the league are guilty of that. Man United will probably be top 3 and if they have more than 10 good performances I'd be shocked.

Online martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #263 on: August 30, 2021, 06:52:03 PM »
I agree Ads, but I meant within a match.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2021, 06:52:59 PM »
They reminded me of Big Sam's Bolton - big physical side who seemed to go down very easily for big blokes and played for free kicks and disrupted us at every opportunity. Apparently all three of their goals so far have come from set-pieces. Not a pretty watch and they'll get found out sooner than later. To be fair they play to their strengths and it works for them - for now.

Online sid1964

« Reply #265 on: August 31, 2021, 08:07:00 AM »
First half was a decent game, but 2nd half was dreadful, ruined by a referee who lost control of the game (not every foul is a booking?), and the game then became stop start

Still trying to work out what our set piece maestro has the team working on, so far I have seen long throw ins which takes me back to watching Wimbledon and Stoke also our corners and free kicks are still no different than they were in the previous 20 years!

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #266 on: September 14, 2021, 02:07:05 AM »
Agree with Martyn that we had a lot of near-things, if you can call them that. Generally impressed by our performance with eight missing at 3:00, fits and starts being inevitable.

And yes, the ref was awful...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal