collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:46:47 PM]

Champions League Contention by Monty
[Today at 12:45:21 PM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by simboy
[Today at 12:41:21 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by VillaTim
[Today at 12:39:14 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 12:22:04 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:56:30 AM]

Ollie Watkins by chrisw1
[Today at 11:12:42 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by chrisw1
[Today at 11:09:00 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19442 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2021, 08:35:31 PM »
I’d make Mings captain for life just to piss off the right wingers on here.
What does that even mean?
Check out brackley above.

No ta. Once was enough for that absolute shite.

Online dr.chekov

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2021, 08:35:35 PM »
I’d make Mings captain for life just to piss off the right wingers on here.
What does that even mean?
Check out brackley above.

Just some of the non-footballing attacks on Mings this evening:

"He has the nerve to tell us that WE need educating?"
"Mings always has something to say on social media, but yet again can't even do basic defending properly."
"He’s just a snowflake."

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2021, 08:36:13 PM »
Sorey but for me we showed more fight last year than this. We gave up after that mings error. Havent been impressed with our start of the season.
What worrys me is we have 60m worth of attackjng talent out there and we couldnt score for toffee

Your first two sentences are nonsense.
How it be nonsense if we went to chelsea and drew last year? Unless of course you think a 3-0 whooping is a good result.
Then second half we struggled to create anything. 1st half was good 2nd was very poor
I agree with LFS.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2021, 08:37:14 PM »
After ending this game as a contest by gifting them the second with a lazy back pass, Mings spent the rest of the game randomly hoofing the ball all round the pitch. He was also nutmegged for the third. He has the nerve to tell us that WE need educating? He needs to be dropped from this team, but we all know he won’t be.

And a bit less of that please.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2021, 08:38:52 PM »
Sorey but for me we showed more fight last year than this. We gave up after that mings error. Havent been impressed with our start of the season.

What worrys me is we have 60m worth of attackjng talent out there and we couldnt score for toffee

Your first two sentences are nonsense.

How it be nonsense if we went to chelsea and drew last year? Unless of course you think a 3-0 whooping is a good result.

Then second half we struggled to create anything. 1st half was good 2nd was very poor

Either stop arguing with everyone or take the rest of the night off. Your choice.
.dave im not arguing with anyone? Im responding to his post. This is a forum where we can debate?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2021, 08:41:15 PM »
The 5-3-2 was a load of bollocks and cost us the game. It did mean that we had a proper midfield 3 for once, which is why Luiz and McGinn looked better than they usually do in that godawful 4-2-3-1 that Smith is so bafflingly enamoured with. But all having the extra man meant is that we had Tuanzebe in, who is crap, and that Mings looked confused as to where he was supposed to be, and it's a job getting him to concentrate for 90 minutes at the best of times. A proper 4-3-3 and I reckon we could have got something out of that.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2021, 08:42:17 PM »
Strangely, the first half was easily our best of the season so far. But I guess that's what 97.5m quid buys you. Vaguely optimistic for next week.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2021, 08:42:31 PM »
There were certainly a lot of positives and we played a lot better than I thought we would
Mings mistake killed the game for us
can’t say the back 5 worked because we conceded three
I wouldn’t have took Ramsey off I would’ve put Bailey or Bert on for Axle
I think that’s the thing that will do for Smith in the end he like all the other British managers we’ve had just isn’t brave enough
Nevertheless we played some good football Ramsey McGinn Luiz All looked very good and when they were disturbed we we never
looked the same
Unfortunately goalkeeper and strikers who are the most important players on the pitch we’re not up to scratch today
All in all though I’m not as disappointed as I should be
as someone once said show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser
I was worried as hell about Steer but - tbh - he had little to do and didn't let us down this evening.

By the way, John, when you post I read your posts as if Ozzy O was speaking .... I hope that is not upsetting to you.

Well he is a top bloke same as me

Online Mister E

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2021, 08:47:19 PM »
The 5-3-2 was a load of bollocks and cost us the game. It did mean that we had a proper midfield 3 for once, which is why Luiz and McGinn looked better than they usually do in that godawful 4-2-3-1 that Smith is so bafflingly enamoured with. But all having the extra man meant is that we had Tuanzebe in, who is crap, and that Mings looked confused as to where he was supposed to be, and it's a job getting him to concentrate for 90 minutes at the best of times. A proper 4-3-3 and I reckon we could have got something out of that.
Nah, disagree.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2021, 08:47:27 PM »

Completely agree.  Luiz / McGinn / Ramsey looked well balanced, especially considering the opposition.  If he is obsessed by having a ten then notionally give McGinn that role as he is Milner-esque at being everywhere.

Online Mister E

« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2021, 08:47:54 PM »
There were certainly a lot of positives and we played a lot better than I thought we would
Mings mistake killed the game for us
can’t say the back 5 worked because we conceded three
I wouldn’t have took Ramsey off I would’ve put Bailey or Bert on for Axle
I think that’s the thing that will do for Smith in the end he like all the other British managers we’ve had just isn’t brave enough
Nevertheless we played some good football Ramsey McGinn Luiz All looked very good and when they were disturbed we we never
looked the same
Unfortunately goalkeeper and strikers who are the most important players on the pitch we’re not up to scratch today
All in all though I’m not as disappointed as I should be
as someone once said show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser
I was worried as hell about Steer but - tbh - he had little to do and didn't let us down this evening.

By the way, John, when you post I read your posts as if Ozzy O was speaking .... I hope that is not upsetting to you.

Well he is a top bloke same as me
;D ;D ;D

Offline manic-road

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2021, 08:49:16 PM »
I thought that we were very good in the first half, created quite a few chances away at a very good side and the final scoreline flattered them. The second goal killed us and yes it was a mistake by Mings but I wonder why he is picked out for every mistake he makes? Other players make mistakes on the pitch but don't picked out as often as Mings. A 3-0 loss but I thought plenty to be optimistic about for the rest of the season.

Online Mister E

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2021, 08:49:39 PM »
Completely agree.  Luiz / McGinn / Ramsey looked well balanced, especially considering the opposition.  If he is obsessed by having a ten then notionally give McGinn that role as he is Milner-esque at being everywhere.
And maybe that was because they had 3 playing behind them and 2 wingbacks to pass to?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2021, 08:50:40 PM »
They're a better team than us, which makes the difference when differences are made. We did Ok, they were below par, but they had enough to see us off. Obviously Mings did his thing and McGinn's passing was Russian roulette, but we should put it behind us and move on.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2021, 08:52:17 PM »
The second goal killed us and yes it was a mistake by Mings but I wonder why he is picked out for every mistake he makes? Other players make mistakes on the pitch but don't picked out as often as Mings.

Because he makes a lot of mistakes that seem to cost us goals and games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal