collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 19339 times)

Offline WRVilla

Re: Chelsea vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 07:55:25 PM »
Defensive brain-farts aside we actually played quite well. Particularly through Ramsey in the first half. Unfortunately the second goal killed the game for us and Chelsea just saw it out.

Shooting practice on Monday in training please! Oh and also, I’m not usually one for moaning about the ref but today was shameful.

Online dr.chekov

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 07:55:43 PM »
Feel strangely upbeat. Thought we played well. More positives than a 3-0 defeat would suggest.

Offline JimmyV

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2021, 07:55:53 PM »
I don't post much, a reader more than a poster. Personally, i thought we did really well. A homer ref, against the current european champions who are as strong a side we will face this season, honestly did anyone expect a result? Plenty of positive signs. Plenty. We will do well. The 3 at the back thing surprised me with how well we took to it. Watkins and McGinn superb. New home grown hero incoming with Ramsey senior. . Strong bench with options  UTFV

Offline nigel

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2021, 07:56:16 PM »
You have to take your chances! The second killed us with that stupid back pass, although Strer could've shut the angle down quicker - that's where you miss Martinez!

I should imagine Steer expected the ball to his feet rather than 10 metres in front. I doubt even Martinez, as good as he is, would have done much better

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2021, 07:56:39 PM »
Good performance but poor where it mattered in front of both goals.
We should be putting in a complaint against the ref.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2021, 07:57:34 PM »
We  had a good account 1st half . Poor finishing  2nd half faded and disappointed.

Steer 5.5
Cash 6 set piece throws provided some attack threat
Konsa 6 Great goal line clearance. Good threat in opponents box
Mings 5 at fault for goal  also booked. Good set piece and shot nearly scored
Tuanzebe 5.5 marked down due to poor defending for 1st goal.
Targett 5.5 marked down due to booking stuggled in wing back role.
McGinn 7 Marked down due to ill discipline and another yellow.  Best villa player today though. (7.5 levels) really energy , won ball back and brilliant
Douglas Luiz 7
Ramsey 6.5 Good runs in first half with ball but silly yellow
Watkins 7 all game a real goal threat
Ings 6 lacked service some nice touches but bismuth service.  He was offside a few times

Subs used:
Bailey 6 outrageous skill vs Alonso.
Traore 6 should gave passed in 93rd minute for consolation  goal
Nakamba 6 OK
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 07:59:20 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2021, 07:57:56 PM »
Didn't see the game...how did the 3 centre backs work out performance wise (Mings doing a Mings aside)?

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2021, 07:58:40 PM »
As much as some want to have a dig at Mings, we didn’t score, we should have, so in my mind that’s just as at fault as the back pass.

We played pretty well against one of the best teams in the world and that score line wasn’t a fair reflection on the game.

Well played, quite unfortunate but again, due to one thing or another we seem to be a work in progress all over again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 08:00:25 PM by Ian. »

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2021, 07:58:54 PM »
I'm not bothered really. FTF! ******!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2021, 08:02:36 PM »
Axel on the first and Mings on the second make huge mistakes. Emi gets one of them though I'm pretty certain. Steer was on his heels both times.

Overall, we had the better chances and got done by errors and a stunningly good striker. Deserved a draw in my opinion.

Watkins needs a bit of sharpness but changed the whole output going forward. Had him in the first 3 I'm sure we have more points now.

Traore looked really lively. Ramsey was terrific.

We tired badly though in mdifield and much of what we did well was through press in there, and Ramsey was at the forefront. We need ready made replacements to rotate in and not lose momentum in that 3.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2021, 08:04:58 PM »
33 points from the last 28 games. Awful consistency

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2021, 08:05:01 PM »
With Smith in charge, we finish 15th/16th, if thats acceptable to our owners then sound, but it goes against everything that was said.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2021, 08:05:55 PM »
As much as some want to have a dig at Mings, we didn’t score, we should have, so in my mind that’s just as at fault as the back pass.

Ming’s error completely changed the game. At 1 nil we’re still very much in the game. After that, Chelsea know they can just sit back and counter attack us. It’s too regular an occurrence to be ignored 3 seasons in being a premier league regular.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 08:07:08 PM »
It showed the level at which we are today. Their striker cost 3 times as much as ours, they struggled and bought the best player from this summers tournament on. Oh and the ref loved them as well.

Having said that we put up a decent showing which bodes well but we're light years away from the likes of Chelsea in terms of personel.

And I'm afraid time is running out for Mings, the game may have been different but for his mistake and there's little or no excuse now.

Offline JimmyV

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2021, 08:07:27 PM »
With Smith in charge, we finish 15th/16th, if thats acceptable to our owners then sound, but it goes against everything that was said.
Really harsh. Considering we bettered that last season i'd be amazed if we slipped with a better squad to call on

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal