collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: EU Digital Covid Cert?  (Read 1189 times)

Offline bri_the_villain

EU Digital Covid Cert?
« on: September 08, 2021, 04:21:02 PM »
Hi all

I'm looking to travel over from Ireland for the Wolves home game on 16th October.  I'm double jabbed and have an EU Digital Covid Cert.  I don't think (as far as I can find out) that there are currently any requirements to present an NHS Covid pass to gain entry to PL games but I'm wondering does anyone know, when the time comes, will EU Digital Covid certs be accepted as proof of vaccination?

Difficult to get a clear answer online on this so any insight anyone has before I start booking flights and organising tickets and travel would be much appreciated.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: EU Digital Covid Cert?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 06:10:03 PM »
Well the EU accept the NHS certificate so I'm sure it's reciprocal, although I don't know for definite.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 06:17:43 PM »
Hi all

I'm looking to travel over from Ireland for the Wolves home game on 16th October.  I'm double jabbed and have an EU Digital Covid Cert.  I don't think (as far as I can find out) that there are currently any requirements to present an NHS Covid pass to gain entry to PL games but I'm wondering does anyone know, when the time comes, will EU Digital Covid certs be accepted as proof of vaccination?

Difficult to get a clear answer online on this so any insight anyone has before I start booking flights and organising tickets and travel would be much appreciated.

As with every policy this government comes out with, they're making it up as they go along. As a result, guidance on what the rules will be for access to large venues is thin on the ground.

Have you contacted the club to see if they've got any idea of what they'll be required to do and whether your vaccine certificate will be accepted?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 02:32:58 PM »
I don't know that anything official has been announced, but I reckon if you turned up near kick off time and explained the situation then they'd much rather just let you in than have to argue about it and hold up the queue.

I suspect the checks will be fairly minimal.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2021, 09:07:10 AM »

Offline bri_the_villain

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 04:57:14 PM »
Hi all

As with every policy this government comes out with, they're making it up as they go along. As a result, guidance on what the rules will be for access to large venues is thin on the ground.

Have you contacted the club to see if they've got any idea of what they'll be required to do and whether your vaccine certificate will be accepted?

Thanks all.  Contacted the club (first by email, no response, so I called them this morning).  The guy in the ticket office basically hadn't a clue which is fair enough I guess if government haven't announced what is happening on this.  I think I'll just go ahead and book flights/tickets and see how I get on at the gate on the day.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 06:26:06 PM »
Well the UK government have now said there'll definitely be no covid passports. Unless they change their mind.

So I think all you can do is crack on and deal with the changes if and when they come.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 03:26:49 PM »
Hi all

hi bri, have not had to present anything to get into villa park for the first 2 home games.

have had my nhs pass checked at various music festivals over the summer, including a mate who was over from berlin and had no problems with his eu pass.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal