collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Youth  (Read 8619 times)

Offline robleflaneur

Re: The Youth
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2021, 01:34:14 PM »
If the football gods gave us these kids as compensation for losing he who shall not be named, I think we did very well out of the deal. It's going to be an exciting season seeing them develop, both the ones at the club and those on loan.

I was thinking much the same. Having one break through is good, having nearly a full team of them is something else. Our very own class of ‘92 by 2022, wouldn’t that be something?

Said it before, but I think West Ham's Class of about 99 was arguably better than Manure.

Rio Ferdinand, Carrick, Joe Cole, Lampard, Defoe and others like Bywater and Bullard all came through at about that time
And from the recent era,Chelsea.,whose youth policy I think we are trying to copy..get the best young kids available.
Their recent England internationals,Reece James,Tomori,Chalobah,Hudson Odoi,Tammy,Solanke, Loftus-Cheek and the marvellous Mason Mount.The development of some of those was possibly hindered by Southgate giving England debuts too early in their careers and a huge first team squad limiting chances.
Like some of those above,full backs Livramento and Lamptey have moved on for sizeable fees.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »
There’s an East London boys’ club called Senrab FC which has produced so many top class players it’s unbelievable. Including 4 Villa players, past and present

Edit- just checked and it’s 5 Villa players. JLloyd, Ugo, Terry, Curbishley, Konsa
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 03:52:33 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2021, 04:08:19 PM »
This, from a couple of years back, shows that south London is a bit of a hot spot too.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/oct/12/why-future-england-squads-will-have-heavy-south-london-accent

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2021, 04:14:01 PM »
It looks like NSWE may be trying to make Birmingham a hot spot for young talent too with a second academy near the city centre.

We do seem to have a similar strategy as Chelsea at youth level but not with the seniors, which means more kids getting their opportunity, which then only makes recruitment more appealing to the more talented kids where we're competing against others. We've already signed some of the most sort after kids because they could see a pathway to to the senior team.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2023, 02:48:30 PM »
Understand #AVFC will not be renewing contracts for Brad Young, Arjan Raikhy, Hayden Lindley & Declan Frith. (Gregg Evans)

I'm surprised about Raikhy, I thought he'd have some sell on value at least.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2023, 03:13:52 PM »
Understand #AVFC will not be renewing contracts for Brad Young, Arjan Raikhy, Hayden Lindley & Declan Frith. (Gregg Evans)

I have never seen anything in him that suggests he was worth keeping. Young too. Nothing more than a straight line pace merchant...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2023, 03:55:54 PM »

I have never seen anything in him that suggests he was worth keeping. Young too. Nothing more than a straight line pace merchant...

They'll get contracts with lower level teams where they can try and live up to their potential on a smaller stage. If they were never going to have a chance of making it they'd have gone long before now. This way they can be snapped up for free.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2023, 03:56:41 PM »

Not overly surprised, three of them have had loans with little impact…sure they’ll all be trialling elsewhere over next couple of months as they need mens football not age group now

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2023, 04:04:17 PM »

He looked excellent in the FA Youth cup final, probably our best player but then i saw him at the start of this season against Albion in an U21 game (i think it was) and he looked like he'd gone a long way backwards. (Raikhy)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2023, 04:09:10 PM »
The brother of Chuckyourtoysoutofthepram I see is at Crawley Town who are 2nd from bottom in League Two and was subbed off at half time last weekend.  He'll be gone at the end of the season I reckon.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2023, 04:11:36 PM »
The brother of Chuckyourtoysoutofthepram I see is at Crawley Town who are 2nd from bottom in League Two and was subbed off at half time last weekend.  He'll be gone at the end of the season I reckon.
He's never really showed much, has he?

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2023, 05:29:34 PM »

This is his second loan, and he's not scored a first-team goal yet.  I believe the Crawley loan was with an option to buy? Which would indicate what we thought of him.

Offline frank black

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2023, 06:33:21 PM »

This is his second loan, and he's not scored a first-team goal yet.  I believe the Crawley loan was with an option to buy? Which would indicate what we thought of him.

He was only signed in an attempt to keep his brother sweet ( that went well). Crawley fans think he’s shite, which sums this whole saga up.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2023, 06:43:50 PM »
It’s a shit business.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2023, 06:53:38 PM »
I wonder what will happen with Finn Azaz.

Done really well at Plymouth, but will be 23 shortly after the season starts.

I know he's not really 'from' our youth btw, we nicked him from Sandwell.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal