collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kaine Kesler Hayden  (Read 62645 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2024, 06:41:45 PM »
Afaik, both clubs have to agree if you want to end a loan early. However I assume that can be overridden if the parent club wishes to sell said player, which makes me believe we've buyers for both.

To recall them early and then sell them to another club in the same division is bad form really. Reeks of PL bully boy tactics. Another rotten consequence of FFP that definitely isn't in the interests of the game and/or player development.

For the player the chance of a permanent move has got to be better than the uncertainty of a loan surely.

Indeed. I don't see why moving to a bigger club than the one he was playing for, being paid more money, on a five year contract is worse for Azaz's development than him being loaned out to clubs by us.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2024, 08:03:17 PM »
Tis better to have loaned and lost than never to have loaned at all.

😂 very good...

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2024, 08:06:40 PM »
That was funny when we were in the Championship and had Tammy on loan from Chelsea, and Wolves in the Premier League tried to buy him and he turned them down to stay with us.
Brilliant!

Wouldn't have been too funny for us if Chelsea had recalled him and sold him to Wolves. It's not often players have much of a say though that was Abramovich Chelsea where budgets etc weren't real. Wolves were in a higher division so could be justified a lot easier. Maybe other lower league clubs wont take kindly to the stunt we pulled with Azaz and we will struggle to loan out players to clubs that will treat them well. Penny rich (£2m), pound poor vibes off it and it's being driven by the FFP incentives to sell academy players for profit.

Im 100% sure that the contract with the recall option would have been agreed by all parties when the loan was set up, so it's not like they didn't have an inkling that a recall could possibly happen.

And lets be honest, if either had been shit or got injured, they would have sent them back in a heartbeat...

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #363 on: January 16, 2024, 10:29:19 PM »
People do realise the Tammy Wolves move was only a loan move, and there was no guarantee it would have been legal due to the three clubs thing in one season. (No one was sure whether the Charity Shield counted).

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2024, 12:55:52 AM »
I thought Wolves offered £20m for Tammy?

Apparently, he didn't want to go there.

Great choice!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #365 on: January 18, 2024, 02:36:17 PM »
It was a loan offer.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/08/tammy-abraham-snubs-wolves-loan-move-stay-aston-villa-transfer-window-football

I recall a Grealish interview where he said he was doing his best to persuade Tammy to stay, promising him he was nearly back from his injury and they'd get promoted.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2024, 12:56:07 AM »
Okay. Perhaps Chelsea wanted an obligation to buy after the loan, or wanted more loan money from Wolves than we could pay.

The Grealish story is quite a funny one. "I'll be back soon, Tammy! Well, in about six weeks..."

All turned out fine in the end.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2024, 12:23:38 PM »
If what the Plymouth manager is saying is true he’s competing for a first team spot with us.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2024, 02:30:13 PM »
If what the Plymouth manager is saying is true he’s competing for a first team spot with us.

Bit weird that he was talking about assurances. Why would we need to assure Plymouth of anything?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #369 on: January 19, 2024, 02:31:40 PM »

Bit weird that he was talking about assurances. Why would we need to assure Plymouth of anything?

yes , whos player is it?  but I guess maybe to reassure the player on his return that he will compete

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #370 on: January 19, 2024, 03:27:00 PM »
Makes sense. If he does well, we can sell him to a PL/Championship side to aid the FFP.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #371 on: January 19, 2024, 03:55:23 PM »
I've always liked the look of KHH and was hopeful he would turn out to be the best of all of that generation.  It hasn't looked like it was going to happen for him, but I'd love to see him take his opportunity if he's going to be with the first team for the rest of the season.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #372 on: January 19, 2024, 04:05:06 PM »
Makes sense. If he does well, we can sell him to a PL/Championship side to aid the FFP.

That's depressing. If he does well maybe he can be our RB for the next few years!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #373 on: January 19, 2024, 04:17:51 PM »
I've always liked the look of KHH and was hopeful he would turn out to be the best of all of that generation.  It hasn't looked like it was going to happen for him, but I'd love to see him take his opportunity if he's going to be with the first team for the rest of the season.

Same here

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #374 on: January 19, 2024, 04:37:20 PM »
I think he's one that will do well playing in the right system with the right manager. Clearly had a good spell at Plymouth, let's hope he's ready and gives us a boost over the remainder of the season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal