collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:51:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 10:39:43 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by Ian.
[Today at 10:37:56 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:17:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 11:05:25 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:01:05 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Re: MOTD by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:56:39 PM]

Re: MOTD by VillaTim
[Today at 10:55:53 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:54:44 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kaine Kesler Hayden  (Read 62681 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden
« Reply #345 on: January 16, 2024, 11:06:53 AM »
I had a look at that Plymouth forum and can't see much sign of anger, tbh.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #346 on: January 16, 2024, 11:08:25 AM »
Apparently, he can cover left back too, so I wonder if he's back as we need full back cover.  How long is Digne out for?

Well, he should be due back at the end of this break period. Obviously, we're probably see him after Easter.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #347 on: January 16, 2024, 11:22:24 AM »
There has to be an agreement between both clubs for a year long loan deal to be cut short, so I imagine it's as simple as Villa putting a January recall clause in. So we simply say to whatever skint prick carrot wrangler club that wants one of our kids: "Here's a 12 month loan agreement that says we can recall him in January if we want to. Sign it, or somebody else will." Obviously a bit friendlier and less arrogant than that, but I imagine that's basically it.

Yup. I think it usually (but not always) comes down to who is paying for what. So in a case like this where Azaz and KHH being at Plymouth is benefitting us in giving them experience and increasing their value they are probably doing little more than paying their wages. But because there aren't loan fees to us involved, we keep the option of having them back if we want.

On the other hand, with someone like Barkley in the past where we supposedly paid Chelsea £10m to have him for the season, they don't have the option to take him back. Not that they would have wanted to.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #348 on: January 16, 2024, 12:28:34 PM »

I live in Plymouth, so talk to a lot of Plymouthians.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #349 on: January 16, 2024, 01:49:01 PM »
Afaik, both clubs have to agree if you want to end a loan early. However I assume that can be overridden if the parent club wishes to sell said player, which makes me believe we've buyers for both.

To recall them early and then sell them to another club in the same division is bad form really. Reeks of PL bully boy tactics. Another rotten consequence of FFP that definitely isn't in the interests of the game and/or player development.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #350 on: January 16, 2024, 01:58:50 PM »

I don't know which forum* Paulie checked or how many post on there, but are you stating you have personally spoken to more fans then on the forum, or spoke to maybe 10-20 people tops? (Assuming you are speaking to friends and colleagues and not just shouting for opinions in the street.)

* Probably Pasoti who claim 5.5k members so probably a hundred regular posters.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #351 on: January 16, 2024, 03:52:23 PM »

I don't know which forum* Paulie checked or how many post on there, but are you stating you have personally spoken to more fans then on the forum, or spoke to maybe 10-20 people tops? (Assuming you are speaking to friends and colleagues and not just shouting for opinions in the street.)

* Probably Pasoti who claim 5.5k members so probably a hundred regular posters.

Yeah, the friends, colleagues, acquaintances & family route.

There is an overall feeling of being screwed over.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #352 on: January 16, 2024, 04:02:58 PM »
They had him for the best part of 6 months, with the chance that he might be recalled in January. That had to be better than not having him at all, or they wouldn't have agreed to it.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #353 on: January 16, 2024, 04:29:57 PM »
Tis better to have loaned and lost than never to have loaned at all.

Offline cdward

« Reply #354 on: January 16, 2024, 04:31:28 PM »
That was funny when we were in the Championship and had Tammy on loan from Chelsea, and Wolves in the Premier League tried to buy him and he turned them down to stay with us.
Brilliant!

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #355 on: January 16, 2024, 06:00:51 PM »
Tis better to have loaned and lost than never to have loaned at all.

excellent

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #356 on: January 16, 2024, 06:14:50 PM »
That was funny when we were in the Championship and had Tammy on loan from Chelsea, and Wolves in the Premier League tried to buy him and he turned them down to stay with us.
Brilliant!

Wouldn't have been too funny for us if Chelsea had recalled him and sold him to Wolves. It's not often players have much of a say though that was Abramovich Chelsea where budgets etc weren't real. Wolves were in a higher division so could be justified a lot easier. Maybe other lower league clubs wont take kindly to the stunt we pulled with Azaz and we will struggle to loan out players to clubs that will treat them well. Penny rich (£2m), pound poor vibes off it and it's being driven by the FFP incentives to sell academy players for profit.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #357 on: January 16, 2024, 06:23:23 PM »
Brilliant!

Wouldn't have been too funny for us if Chelsea had recalled him and sold him to Wolves. It's not often players have much of a say though that was Abramovich Chelsea where budgets etc weren't real. Wolves were in a higher division so could be justified a lot easier. Maybe other lower league clubs wont take kindly to the stunt we pulled with Azaz and we will struggle to loan out players to clubs that will treat them well. Penny rich (£2m), pound poor vibes off it and it's being driven by the FFP incentives to sell academy players for profit.

Stunt? Haha…it’s not a stunt, it would have been in the agreement that he could be recalled in Jan at the behest of his parent club.  They had 18 months and a promotion out of Azaz so we haven’t exactly done bad by them.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #358 on: January 16, 2024, 06:26:16 PM »
We didn't pull any stunt at all. He was on loan to Plymouth last season as well and they did well well out of him. We didn't have any obligation to leave him there, presumably they knew he could be recalled at any time. They were happy enough to have him back this season again under those conditions.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #359 on: January 16, 2024, 06:34:58 PM »
Afaik, both clubs have to agree if you want to end a loan early. However I assume that can be overridden if the parent club wishes to sell said player, which makes me believe we've buyers for both.

To recall them early and then sell them to another club in the same division is bad form really. Reeks of PL bully boy tactics. Another rotten consequence of FFP that definitely isn't in the interests of the game and/or player development.

For the player the chance of a permanent move has got to be better than the uncertainty of a loan surely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal