collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kaine Kesler Hayden  (Read 60961 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2022, 11:44:17 AM »
The benefit of keeping him is that he doesn't take up a squad place and can be cover at right-back, the balance is that he won't develop sat on the bench or playing a league cup match or two. Tricky one to decide.

Who would you rather have as back-up to Cash - taking into account how important an attacking right-back is to our current set-up - KKH or Young or Feddie (Konsa and Chambers are just not attacking full-backs)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2022, 11:49:53 AM »
He is going to be better than Cash, it’s just a matter of when.
He might be allready.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #212 on: August 12, 2022, 11:53:26 AM »
Whilst it won't do him any harm, he's been out on loan twice already. I'd rather have him on our bench. I think he'd make a good attacking option as well as full back cover.

He's still only 19. It's not unusual for players to have several loans before they come into the thinking for the first team and yes, he's been on loan to 2 different clubs but it's 1 season of league football.

I was hoping he would be Cash's understudy this season and with him looking good during pre-season but a season at a championship club who did well last season and almost got promotion will do him a lot of good. In a year's time Young will retire or go elsewhere and KKH will step-up, pretty much seemlessly, you would think.

Multiple loans is not a bad thing at all - especially if the loans are at progressively higher levels.  He's only had one full season of senior football (still pretty good for a 19-year-old).  Mason Mount had two seasons on loan before getting regular football at Chelsea, Tammy Abraham had three seasons, Harry Kane had FOUR loans across three seasons before becoming a Spurs regular.

I just picked those three because they are all TOP players, domestically and internationally, who've had multiple loans in their earlier years.

The time to worry is if the loans aren't a step up on their previous loans, a la Keinan Davis, which suggests his time is done here.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #213 on: August 12, 2022, 11:56:35 AM »
He is going to be better than Cash, it’s just a matter of when.
He might be allready.

If he is ready, then he will show it in the Championship and he'll be in our side come January.  The Championship, after all, is where Cash's performances convinced us to pay £16m for him after just ONE season as a right-back.  If he stands out as an attacking right-back as well as Cash did, then he'll have no issues in the Championship at all!

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #214 on: August 12, 2022, 01:20:56 PM »
Whilst it won't do him any harm, he's been out on loan twice already. I'd rather have him on our bench. I think he'd make a good attacking option as well as full back cover.

Agree.

Especially now there is the five subs rule. Kaine would be a great impact sub to have if we are chasing the game. He could even play in the right wing position and then move Bailey over to the left.

I am still a a little wary to the defensive side of his game, but a step up a division will surely give us a chance to see how he does.

Good luck Kaine.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2022, 01:22:57 PM »
I agree Clampy, he’s ready and would be very good to have this season available.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #216 on: August 12, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
Huddersfield have a good player on their hands. Pity, but at least can see him regularly now and watch his progress.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #217 on: August 12, 2022, 03:03:52 PM »
The Championship is a good step up again for him - six months in league 2 and excelled, six months in league 1 and did well.  Now let's see what he can do in the Championship. A good six months there and he'll be ready to push Cash as part of the first-team squad.

I can see the advantages of keeping him here as Cash's understudy, but Cash played more minutes than any other outfield player in the entire league last year.  If he's fit, he plays, and he doesn't appear to tire in games, so I can see why the club might think a 6-month Championship loan would do KKH good.

I'd like to see him play our cup games, but I suspect 20-odd championship games will be better for him than a handful of early-round cup games for us?

Agree with all that except that Cash being a permanent starter. What about when his form dips?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #218 on: August 12, 2022, 03:13:03 PM »
Maybe we can’t shift Freddie as easily as we thought and he’s going to be given another crack at the back up RB spot. Also Calum Chambers can play there also. But I’d have loved to see KKH given a shot at taking the RB spot from Matty Cash this season.

Offline caster troy

Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden (on loan at Huddersfield)
« Reply #219 on: August 12, 2022, 04:35:28 PM »
Maybe we can’t shift Freddie as easily as we thought and he’s going to be given another crack at the back up RB spot. Also Calum Chambers can play there also. But I’d have loved to see KKH given a shot at taking the RB spot from Matty Cash this season.

Guilbert got the bomb squad treatment with Chukwuemeka, so I don't think he will be in our plans even if we can't sell him. Personally I'm disappointed we are loaning him out again.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2022, 04:53:56 PM »
I'd be absolutely amazed if Guilbert makes the squad this season.  I guess we're going with Chambers / Konsa as back up.  A bit short sighted for me given the attacking dimension KKH can add.  If we're chasing a game it would seem a great wildcard to be able to chuck him on.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2022, 04:58:05 PM »
I agree Clampy, he’s ready and would be very good to have this season available.

The flip side of that is that Cash stays fit and he gets very few chances to play in which case he’s better off getting regular football elsewhere.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #222 on: August 12, 2022, 05:04:17 PM »
Good luck KKH.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #223 on: August 12, 2022, 06:05:34 PM »
I don't agree with this at all. Show some bloody faith for once! He came on against Man United, and he along with Bailey transformed the game and caused United all sorts of problems down the right.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #224 on: August 12, 2022, 06:21:08 PM »
The poor decisions of late continue

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal