collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kaine Kesler Hayden  (Read 57995 times)

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2022, 01:58:20 PM »
With Tuanzebe leaving we had lost our cover for fight back area in the event of Cash getting a knock or more likely a suspension - would have him on the bench for rest of season and look to give him minutes where possible.  Guess If we bring in another centre half who can cover right back later in Jan he might get another loan into a Championship side though

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2022, 02:44:54 PM »
With Tuanzebe leaving we had lost our cover for fight back area in the event of Cash getting a knock or more likely a suspension - would have him on the bench for rest of season and look to give him minutes where possible.  Guess If we bring in another centre half who can cover right back later in Jan he might get another loan into a Championship side though
Yeah, that was my feeling. If he can get a few subs appearances in, maybe the odd start, from now until the end of the season then that could do him as much good as anything. Get a feel for the first team set up, know the players he'll be playing with and that . Then a full season loan to the Championship next season, ready to make Mateuz Cashski start looking over his shoulder the season after.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2022, 03:00:44 PM »
It's sounds as though Barry's return was by mutual agreement between Ipswich and him due to lack of chances.  Was Hayden's loan supposed to be a season long?  If so it would suggest that the coaching team feel he is ready for a step up in level.  I would like to see him go out again in the Championship but I think he may be around the squad for the rest of the season until we have settled the comings and goings.  If we are spending on a left back and we patently need a centre back then that may be the end of the funds for this window. 

Yeah, I agree - Barry looks more like it just wasn't the right move for him or Ipswich. That said, it should give him a bit of a grounding that having been on Barcelona's books doesn't automatically guarantee a career as a footballer even further down the league. Think a loan out to a non League club would be in order there.

KKH seems a different kettle of fish. I think he might be on the fringes of the first team squad now, maybe worth giving him 6 months to see how he gets on, then either keep him about to pressure Matty Cash or a loan out to a Championship club next season depending on what he needs - regular football/more experience or just the opportunity to fight Cash for his place.

Brad Young has come back from Carlisle too and he was playing most weeks.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2022, 06:22:28 PM »
Have a read of These comments.  Be warned, tissues may be needed.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2022, 09:07:12 PM »
Have a read of These comments.  Be warned, tissues may be needed.
Lovely.
So nice to see from both player and fans.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2022, 09:17:02 PM »
WOW they really loved him feel bad now 

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2022, 10:22:07 PM »
They really loved him at Swindon.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2022, 10:29:52 PM »
Haven't posted for 45 years but saw this on Twitter and couldn't resist, created by a Swindon fan.

"There's a staaaaar man. Running down the right. His name is Kesler Hayden and he's fucking dynamite"

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2022, 11:03:20 PM »
Haven't posted for 45 years but saw this on Twitter and couldn't resist, created by a Swindon fan.

"There's a staaaaar man. Running down the right. His name is Kesler Hayden and he's fucking dynamite"

We used to sing a better version of that about Snodgrass. I like it as a chant, short and simple.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2022, 10:21:51 AM »
They really did seem to love him. Is his development not worth him staying there for the full season? I guess we need RB cover or maybe there's a championship loan on the offing. Neither though are guaranteed to aid his development but staying for the remainder of the season and playing week in week out would do. Fingers crossed as seems to be a good one.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2022, 11:05:31 AM »
I think there's an element of Gerrard wanting to get to know some of these kids and see which he thinks have a future with us and seeing how that affects his transfer plans for the next couple of windows. We may well then lend them out again nearer the end of the month. KKH may have some championship clubs interested in him and then we can't deprive him of experience at the next level up.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2022, 11:31:54 AM »
Having attacking full backs is so crucial to Gerrard's system, I don't know what we'd do if Cash got injured or suspended, and we need to factor Covid into the equation as well. My guess is he saw the performance against Man City and wanted him back.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2022, 11:57:55 AM »
Having attacking full backs is so crucial to Gerrard's system, I don't know what we'd do if Cash got injured or suspended, and we need to factor Covid into the equation as well. My guess is he saw the performance against Man City and wanted him back.
Exactly.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2022, 12:00:26 PM »
Clubs often bring loan players back in January then send them out again. With Tuanzebe gone, he may get on the bench. We may be in the market for a player and waiting on agreement before he's allowed out. Either way, he's doing really well and we're in a good position.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2022, 12:09:35 PM »
He obviously made the grade at Swindon. Doesn't automatically follow he then needs to go to Div1 or the championship before getting a run here. Could be worth checking out as cover for cash. Bit of a risk, but if you don't give them a chance, you never find out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal