collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kaine Kesler Hayden  (Read 57920 times)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2021, 12:52:48 PM »
Having watched Swindon deal with table-toppers Forest Green on Saturday, Swindon could be a good fit for young Barry.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2021, 04:28:12 PM »
Puts Swindon 1-2 Up against the Bescot.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2021, 05:28:25 PM »
First senior goal.

He's doing well there.

I would like to see him tested in higher league though before serious calls to instate him into first team squad. No reason why he shouldn't get a championship loan next season.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2021, 05:42:17 PM »
First senior goal.

He's doing well there.

I would like to see him tested in higher league though before serious calls to instate him into first team squad. No reason why he shouldn't get a championship loan next season.

I’d agree with that, maybe have Gilbert back to see out his contract in the meantime.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2021, 06:37:25 PM »
Hopefully Swindon get promoted and extend the loan for another season.

Edit... I actually thought they were in the League 1 Play Off places and pushing for the Championship, just noticed its League 2.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2021, 07:14:57 PM »
He'll train with the seniors for pre-season and the coaching staff will be able to work out whether he's ready to fight for the right back spot or whether to send him out on loan again. No point loaning him out if he is ready. I think he'll be able to provide the width that the coaches want from fullback areas.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2021, 08:50:04 PM »
First senior goal.

He's doing well there.

Didn’t do Grealish any harm to go from L2 to being a squad player in the premier league.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2021, 11:04:28 PM »
He'll train with the seniors for pre-season and the coaching staff will be able to work out whether he's ready to fight for the right back spot or whether to send him out on loan again. No point loaning him out if he is ready. I think he'll be able to provide the width that the coaches want from fullback areas.

If we think he isn't far off a regular place in the 18/20 (whatever it is) surely that means he could go to a Stoke, Boro or QPR and play regularly there if some of them don't come up?

I think it's worth looking at tomorrow's opposition and how they've handled loans in recent times.

Harvey Barnes went like this for instance:

2017- MK Franchise (league 1)

2017-18- Barnsley (bottom end of championship)

2018-19- West Brom (top end of championship)

Then they recalled him in Jan 2019 when he was 21 and they'd deemed him ready as he was standout for West Brom.

Also got Dewsbury Hall who is rumoured to be starting tomorrow.

Was at Blackpool in league 1 in 2020 and had a good season at Luton in championship. Now regular in Leicester squad and he's actually 23 now so two examples of Leicester using a couple of loans for their kids to make sure they keep scaling up the football league and then they get integrated into first team squad.

Just think it may be a little early for Kesler even if he has huge potential. At worst should get a top end league 1 loan like Jacob Ramsey did.

We've seen before just chucking 5-6 into squad at once isn't always the best policy if some aren't ready so I expect 2-3 of them to go out on loan in Jan.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2021, 11:07:45 PM »
First senior goal.

He's doing well there.

Didn’t do Grealish any harm to go from L2 to being a squad player in the premier league.

Notts County were league 1 when he was there, saw Walsall beat them 5-1.

He was pretty much on the fringes for first 6 months of 14/15, odd sub cameo but rarely used by Lambert so loan to championship club until that January would've probably helped just as much.

When you think of the kids that came through to make a decent impact likes of Cahill, Gabby, Bannan and Weimann all had championship loans of some kind IIRC.

Offline Martyn Smith

• Golden Muppet
  • GM : PCM
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2021, 02:28:16 AM »
My one and only visit to the County Ground was in '97 when my ex-wife's QPR visited. Allan McDonald had not long left the R's for Swindon and ended up in goal for them, owing I think to an injury to the actual keeper.

She fell over in the mud on the way back to the car, which wasn't at all amusing

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2021, 08:25:18 AM »
I think kesler has a very good chance of making it here.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2021, 08:48:27 AM »
Dewsbury Hall.  Is that part of the National Trust?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »
How long has Guilbert got left? One thing we definitely don't want to do is to sign another right back as competition to Cash who would only block the pathway. So we would either need to give Guilbert another year (which he might not be happy with), bring in someone on loan for a year while KH gets more games or include KH from next year.

One of the points paul_e has made before is that by sticking around and training with the first team, you're going to be training at a higher standard and with higher standard players on a day-to-day basis that you wouldn't get by going out on loan.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »

Went up the Bescot on Saturday to watch the match and sat with the Swindon fans.

Kesler played well, and their fans absolutely love him. He's definitely got a lot of promise but I think another loan at a Championship level club is probably the next logical step for him.

That other ex Villa lad McKirdy didn't look up to much though. And whilst waiting for someone at the end we spotted Jordan Lyden knocking about.

I didn't even realise he was at Swindon, i recall we had high hopes for him at one point.

They had a number 10 called Payne playing who caught my eye, very much in the Buendia mould in terms of height/build/style but a bit more robust. I thought he was early 20's from afar but turns out he's 27 so not much point looking at him

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2021, 04:54:26 PM »
Dewsbury Hall.  Is that part of the National Trust?

I need a fix cos I'm going down...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal