collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kaine Kesler Hayden  (Read 57907 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Kaine Kesler Hayden
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »
A bit rude? Swindonlad aint one of those twats.
The game in question was at blues. Hence the ‘twats’ comment. Same day we won at Highbury with a Tony Daley header if I remember correctly.

Ha! For some reason, I thought CDBWF was talking about an away League Cup game a few years ago (Lamberk era I think) when we won 6-4 or something but maybe that was Reading rather than Swindon.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2021, 03:17:38 PM »
Nah that was the 3-2, Benteke in the last minute League Cup win. I went to that Cracking cup tie and atmosphere. Swindon won the Speedway that year so we’re parading that trophy round the stadium and I think that absolute arse Di Canio was managing them at the time giving us dogs abuse so cue much abuse from the travelling Villa faithful.

Online eamonn

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2021, 03:45:47 PM »
Forgot that...Di Canio, f'kin hell, yeah...They're probably as embarassed now about employing him as we are about Tim Sherwood ever being our manager!

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2021, 03:49:44 PM »
Forgot that...Di Canio, f'kin hell, yeah...They're probably as embarassed now about employing him as we are about Tim Sherwood ever being our manager!

Didn’t Tactics also rock up at Swindon, not as a manager but as some sort of omnipresent footballing guru (as long as he didn’t have to do anything, or visit swindon).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:57:11 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Online eamonn

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2021, 03:51:24 PM »
Rings a bell...Swindon or QPR...somewhere where he had a mate in the management/decision-making roles.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »
A bit rude? Swindonlad aint one of those twats.
The game in question was at blues. Hence the ‘twats’ comment. Same day we won at Highbury with a Tony Daley header if I remember correctly.

Ha! For some reason, I thought CDBWF was talking about an away League Cup game a few years ago (Lamberk era I think) when we won 6-4 or something but maybe that was Reading rather than Swindon.

To be fair I was thinking the same as you Eamonn, and may have posted similar, had I not been occupied with cooking a curry at the time.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2021, 04:05:14 PM »
I attended the 1996 Swindon Town end of season awards as my fiance at the time had a brother in one of the
youth teams. Steve McMahon was their manager at the time and I had a picture taken of he and I. I attempted to engage him in conversation about his time with Villa but he was a miserable git and clearly didn't want to chat with me.

Offline Swindonlad

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2021, 02:48:24 PM »
Hi all

Thought I would give you a quick update, i won't pop on every week as that will annoy people but a quick update to let you know how he is doing.

The lad is class, getting better on the ball every week, and positionally looks very very good. In terms of playing style, i would say he is like TAA at Liverpool. I know many will probably wonder what I mean as I just said he is great defensively ;-)

Few little things to iron out as getting booked for diving and silly yellows for pulling back players and just a bit of silliness but that's why he is here, to learn how to react under pressure and the good far outweighs the bad

Finally, he was called up to England under 20s and made an appearance yesterday for them so overall the loan is working out for all of us

Offline django

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
Thanks for the update mate.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2021, 02:54:57 PM »
Hi all

Thought I would give you a quick update, i won't pop on every week as that will annoy people but a quick update to let you know how he is doing.

The lad is class, getting better on the ball every week, and positionally looks very very good. In terms of playing style, i would say he is like TAA at Liverpool. I know many will probably wonder what I mean as I just said he is great defensively ;-)

Few little things to iron out as getting booked for diving and silly yellows for pulling back players and just a bit of silliness but that's why he is here, to learn how to react under pressure and the good far outweighs the bad

Finally, he was called up to England under 20s and made an appearance yesterday for them so overall the loan is working out for all of us

Thats great to hear.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2021, 03:07:40 PM »
Thanks very much Swindonlad....good of you to take the trouble!
UTV!

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2021, 05:06:51 PM »
Thanks Swindonlad, the updates are really appreciated. Good to see your lot getting off to a decent start in League 2.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2021, 05:20:21 PM »
Good stuff. And if you bump into Andy Partridge, wish him well.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2021, 07:35:43 PM »
Much appreciated SL, sounds very promising.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »
Cheers, Swindonlad, much appreciated. Keep the reports coming.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal