collapse collapse
Please Note...   In preparation for a move to a new server, there are a number of small mods that need to be done prior to the move, so if the forum is unavailable, please check back after a few minutes and it should be up and running again... Thank You
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

July 23, 2022, 07:04:34 PM by algy | Views: 38478 | Comments: 3

Notice this ... should it be t...
August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 62535 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 64266 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 59839 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 58892 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Danny Ings - signed  (Read 68009 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Danny Ings - signed
« Reply #945 on: September 23, 2022, 03:09:07 PM »
Ings needs Buendia behind him, playing those slide rule passes through to him like the one against Burnley at the end of last season.
or the one against West Ham that he failed to connect with purely down to a lack of pace.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #946 on: September 23, 2022, 03:57:36 PM »
We don't play to his strengths and he's never had an extended run in the side.

I still think he' a decent player and he works a lot harder than he's given credit for.  But I think unless Watkins get injured we won't see much more of him now for Villa.  So yes, a poor signing made with no tangible plan.  We should have gone all out for Tammy that summer, but still would have ended up with the issue of trying to fit him and Watkins in the same team.

I think Watkins would have been his understudy. I said at the time we should have either bought Tammy as a much better replacement for Ollie, or an understudy say on the Eduardo level, to develop. Neither one of Ings or Ollie is significantly better than the other, thatís the problem.

Online Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2022
« Reply #947 on: September 23, 2022, 04:01:39 PM »
We don't play to his strengths and he's never had an extended run in the side.

I still think he' a decent player and he works a lot harder than he's given credit for.  But I think unless Watkins get injured we won't see much more of him now for Villa.  So yes, a poor signing made with no tangible plan.  We should have gone all out for Tammy that summer, but still would have ended up with the issue of trying to fit him and Watkins in the same team.

I think Watkins would have been his understudy. I said at the time we should have either bought Tammy as a much better replacement for Ollie, or an understudy say on the Eduardo level, to develop. Neither one of Ings or Ollie is significantly better than the other, thatís the problem.

Neither are pushing the other, and Archer can't get a look in ahead of either. Looks like it needs an injury to get him a sub appearance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal