collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

The International Cricket Thread by Nunkin1965
[Today at 02:04:17 AM]

1970-71: Outposts of English football by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:03:23 AM]

Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed by mrfuse
[Today at 01:17:14 AM]

Guess The Goal R20: Liverpool v VILLA Saturday 11th December! 🥅 by 260475
[Today at 12:38:15 AM]

NSWE Investment by sickbeggar
[Today at 12:26:20 AM]

VAR by Gareth
[December 07, 2021, 11:52:55 PM]

Asking for a friend Me. Brentford away by MJW01
[December 07, 2021, 11:48:42 PM]

Other Games - 2021/22 by KevinGage
[December 07, 2021, 11:41:56 PM]

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 3427 | Comments: 5

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 5969 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2926 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2200 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2458 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Danny Ings - signed  (Read 31889 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2022
Re: Danny Ings - signed
« Reply #570 on: October 18, 2021, 02:13:16 PM »
If Bailey is fit for Arsenal, I'd play him one side of Ings, and Buendia the other. Ollie on the bench.

Definitely, looks great on paper, maybe if fit, Sansom in for Ramsey. I do like Ramsey a lot, but I'd like to go with some more experience.

Last two seasons Ramsey has got more experience though?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 14.09.2022
« Reply #571 on: October 18, 2021, 02:16:28 PM »
True enough Risso, maybe I mean pedigree.

I do worry after Saturday and been thrown into that shambles it wouldn't have done him any favours.

Offline Risso

« Reply #572 on: October 18, 2021, 02:26:09 PM »
True enough Risso, maybe I mean pedigree.

I do worry after Saturday and been thrown into that shambles it wouldn't have done him any favours.

Yes, hopefully that hasn't knocked his confidence. It was a stupid free kick to give away but the more senior players like Mings were just as bad.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2022
« Reply #573 on: October 18, 2021, 02:47:39 PM »
I find it a bit strange to see so many wanting Sanson in ahead of Ramsey who has shown far more promise.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 14.09.2022
« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2021, 03:30:29 PM »
I really like Ramsey, I think he's a great prospect and like the way we have nurtured him into the team. I don't think any of us expected him to be a guaranteed starter so soon. I have no problems at all with him starting, he's earned it. I just think we need to be a bit careful with him and not play him every week if we do not have to.

I really like the look of Sanson from what I have seen. He's also a player who has played Champions League football and he needs a chance in the team and see what he can do.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2021, 04:45:22 PM »
If Bailey is fit for Arsenal, I'd play him one side of Ings, and Buendia the other. Ollie on the bench.
.  This

Offline Risso

« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2021, 04:46:24 PM »
I really like Ramsey, I think he's a great prospect and like the way we have nurtured him into the team. I don't think any of us expected him to be a guaranteed starter so soon. I have no problems at all with him starting, he's earned it. I just think we need to be a bit careful with him and not play him every week if we do not have to.

I really like the look of Sanson from what I have seen. He's also a player who has played Champions League football and he needs a chance in the team and see what he can do.

I'm guessing that we're going to have to tread very carefully with him. He seems to have a similar physical resilience to Davis.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2022
« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2021, 05:00:35 PM »

Agreed. And I'd bring Watkins on when Bailey or Buendia get tired.

Yep, same here. McGinn, Ramsey and Luiz as the central three.

If Sanson was fit I'd play him ahead of Ramsey. I suspect Cash won't make Friday so 4-3-3 will be the way to go anyway.

That's the call for me too. Granted it was only about 40 mins but Sanson showed a level against Chelsea that was very impressive. If we could get 60/70 mins out of him at anything near that level of performance we should dominate the Arsenal midfield (both Luiz and McGinn are playing well).

If Deano wants the fudge the 3 x CBs decision for another week, he can move Tuanzebe to RB if Cash is out.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2021, 08:36:51 PM »
The formation simply is not working, we have two very good strikers but it's clear they do not work together, I will be absolutely fuming if Smith starts with the same formation against Arsenal.

for me we play 1 up top and introduce Ings/Watkins early on in the second half , if needed.

I'm still seething about Saturday

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #579 on: October 19, 2021, 06:50:29 AM »
Resign!

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2022
« Reply #580 on: October 19, 2021, 08:58:09 AM »
The formation simply is not working, we have two very good strikers but it's clear they do not work together, I will be absolutely fuming if Smith starts with the same formation against Arsenal.

for me we play 1 up top and introduce Ings/Watkins early on in the second half , if needed.

Any thoughts on the famous win at Man U? Tried to find your comments but they seem to have disappeared. I can see your posts on the Wolves, Tottenham and Chelsea (League Cup) games, just not the Man U game, for some bizarre reason. Probably those pesky moderators.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 03.03.2017
« Reply #581 on: October 19, 2021, 09:20:53 AM »

Any thoughts on the famous win at Man U? Tried to find your comments but they seem to have disappeared. I can see your posts on the Wolves, Tottenham and Chelsea (League Cup) games, just not the Man U game, for some bizarre reason. Probably those pesky moderators.

He didn't enjoy the Manchester United result. That much is clear.

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #582 on: October 19, 2021, 09:48:22 AM »

He didn't enjoy the Manchester United result. That much is clear.

Positive moments or posts are clearly not to his liking.
I've never read one.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #583 on: October 19, 2021, 11:23:37 AM »

Agreed. And I'd bring Watkins on when Bailey or Buendia get tired.

Yep, same here. McGinn, Ramsey and Luiz as the central three.

If Sanson was fit I'd play him ahead of Ramsey. I suspect Cash won't make Friday so 4-3-3 will be the way to go anyway.

That's the call for me too. Granted it was only about 40 mins but Sanson showed a level against Chelsea that was very impressive. If we could get 60/70 mins out of him at anything near that level of performance we should dominate the Arsenal midfield (both Luiz and McGinn are playing well).

If Deano wants the fudge the 3 x CBs decision for another week, he can move Tuanzebe to RB if Cash is out.

I also thought Sanson was looking very good against Chelsea till his injury - I remember thinking, "Right, so THIS is the player we thought we were getting".  If he's genuinely match-fit and ready I'd play him ahead of Ramey.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #584 on: October 20, 2021, 02:13:04 AM »
was away for the Man Utd victory and didn't get over excited anyway as they are nothing special these days.
taking 3 points at home against the likes of wolves should be our priority

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal