collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Press  (Read 3567 times)

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
Re: Summer Press
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2021, 10:31:35 AM »
Here are the last few paragraphs for those who can't open it:

"And transfer talk does of course lead on to the big news of last week and perhaps the next few weeks as well. Release clause, billionaire owners or no, if Jack Grealish wants to leave then there’s not a lot that can be done about it. It’s up to him and the next few days are going to be vital ones. If he is going, let him get on with it so we can try to fill what will undoubtedly be a big hole in the team. Jack’s one of the best players in the world, no question, and would be an asset to any club although there’s nowhere he would be as vital as to the Villa. Losing him would be a blow but we’ve lost players before and carried on. Whoever’s in the team, the Villa will carry on.
I don’t doubt that owners, CEO, coaches (head and otherwise) and players will be trying their damnedest to get Jack to stay. If after all that he does go, it’s not much of a stretch to say that he’ll be at Manchester City for something like five years and in that time win three or four Premier League titles, maybe the Champions League a couple of times and a few other assorted medals and trinkets. He’ll be idolised by their supporters and once he leaves they’ll forget about him and move on to the next shiny object of their affections.

If he stays at Villa he’ll win a trophy or two in that time because it’s definitely our year for the FA Cup before long. When he leaves he’ll be able to walk past a statue of Jack Grealish and take his seat in the Jack Grealish stand with his fellow directors. In a hundred years time Villa supporters will be telling stories of when their grandparents saw Jack Grealish play.

That’s the real choice Jack faces – success, or immortality."

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2021, 11:32:17 AM »
And another vote for “Success or immortality”
Loved that line Dave.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2021, 11:44:46 AM »
Unfortunately, whilst appreciating the nice turn of phrase from Head Dave; rather than "success, or immortality" it's more like guaranteed success or outside chance of immortality.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2021, 12:31:24 PM »
Great read Dave.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2021, 12:46:35 PM »

Offline jimmygreen

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2021, 02:12:18 PM »
That’s what it boils down to. Guaranteed success vs possible success but guaranteed immortality. I know which I’d choose, but as you also say it’s down to him and not the likes of me. Bang on Dave.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2021, 03:08:29 PM »
Unfortunately, whilst appreciating the nice turn of phrase from Head Dave; rather than "success, or immortality" it's more like guaranteed success or outside chance of immortality.

It’s not an outside chance of immortality IMO.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2021, 01:25:26 AM »
Summed up perfectly, Dave.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal