collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by stevo_st
[Today at 09:23:14 AM]

MOTD by Nev
[Today at 09:19:45 AM]

FFP by Ads
[Today at 09:13:19 AM]

Luton Town vs Aston Villa pre-match thread by Richard E
[Today at 08:51:33 AM]

Next FAB meeting by Villafirst
[Today at 08:32:41 AM]

Pau Torres (shirt well & truly stretched) by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 07:35:37 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by FatSam
[Today at 07:15:44 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Richard
[Today at 06:52:49 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by stevo_st
[Today at 09:23:14 AM]

Re: MOTD by Nev
[Today at 09:19:45 AM]

Re: FFP by Ads
[Today at 09:13:19 AM]

Re: FFP by VillaTim
[Today at 09:07:34 AM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 09:04:57 AM]

Re: FFP by sid1964
[Today at 09:01:43 AM]

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 08:55:40 AM]

Re: Luton Town vs Aston Villa pre-match thread by Richard E
[Today at 08:51:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 298013 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #2685 on: December 09, 2023, 11:47:34 PM »
His performance the last few games has been transforming but i still think he's a delicate emotional soul, needs handling with kid gloves.

Offline AV84

« Reply #2686 on: December 09, 2023, 11:53:23 PM »
I thought it was interesting yesterday when Emery said he'd be waiting until this morning to pick the team, when he'd talk to the players and they'd tell him how they were physically and emotionally. I know we all pay more attention to that kind of thing these days, but it's good to think that players are being managed on an individual basis in that respect.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2687 on: December 09, 2023, 11:55:23 PM »
Did great for the first goal. Seemed to pull up a bit after so credit to him for soldiering on as best he could for rest of the half.

He's in the form of his life so hopefully he isn't out for that long. He returned after a week earlier this season so hopefully can be in contention for Brentford or Sheffield.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2688 on: December 10, 2023, 09:06:50 AM »
Yep, rest him this week, ready for Brentford. Diaby can do the business in Mostar.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2689 on: December 10, 2023, 11:31:35 AM »
Bailey and Digne are constantly battling for a free kick duties when it comes to taking the direct ones from an angle that suits left footer. Those clear shooting opportunity ones. Douglas Luiz appears on occasion to have to say I'm taking this one. They all want to do well and like to be involved in direct free kicks and who's taking it.

Vs Arsenal
Bailey wasn't the one to take on the occasion I'm thinking of , but he was moving the ball and looking back at McPhee and Emery, pointing to himself as he wanted to.
Everything is ok, I suppose, but the sideshow that occurs when there is a direct free kick both amuses and perplexes me.

During the conference around the ball with them, Tielemans was a few yards away conversing with Zinchenko, I believe to keep him from hearing our free kick intentions. Youri approached him in a friendly manner, and they had a conversation while Bailey and Digne and Luiz made plans. Bailey eventually walked away and left to Digne.

Everything was fascinating to see and observe.
Have others noticed the Digne and Bailey joust?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 11:34:25 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2024
« Reply #2690 on: December 10, 2023, 11:37:43 AM »
Bailey and Digne are constantly battling for a free kick duties when it comes to taking the direct ones from an angle that suits left footer. Those clear shooting opportunity ones. Douglas Luiz appears on occasion to have to say I'm taking this one. They all want to do well and like to be involved in direct free kicks and who's taking it.

Vs Arsenal
Bailey wasn't the one to take on the occasion I'm thinking of , but he was moving the ball and looking back at McPhee and Emery, pointing to himself as he wanted to.
Everything is ok, I suppose, but the sideshow that occurs when there is a direct free kick both amuses and perplexes me.

During the conference around the ball with them, Tielemans was a few yards away conversing with Zinchenko, I believe to keep him from hearing our free kick intentions. Youri approached him in a friendly manner, and they had a conversation while Bailey and Digne and Luiz made plans. Bailey eventually walked away and left to Digne.

This is an interesting snippet about how they work on free kicks etc, and how they choose who takes them in certain situations. They use ball tracking technology apparently.

https://twitter.com/mattlyynch/status/1733763413359100256

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2691 on: December 10, 2023, 01:30:42 PM »
Fantastic. I find it all fascinating.
Thanks Risso!!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2692 on: December 10, 2023, 03:32:13 PM »

Vs Arsenal

This is an interesting snippet about how they work on free kicks etc, and how they choose who takes them in certain situations. They use ball tracking technology apparently.

You can see why he kept McPhee and more importantly how he has pushed that group to elevate the ability they already had to another level. Set pieces are so important to everything we do.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2693 on: December 10, 2023, 09:16:34 PM »
The simple fact that he is willing to run to the line and get a cross in has changed his entire game.  Defenders are so worried of the cut inside for the shot they show him the outside and he has the pace, ability and now the confidence to take it there.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #2694 on: December 11, 2023, 05:03:26 PM »

Vs Arsenal

You can see why he kept McPhee and more importantly how he has pushed that group to elevate the ability they already had to another level. Set pieces are so important to everything we do.

Something a lot of folks on here questioned at the time........

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #2695 on: December 11, 2023, 06:46:41 PM »
Yes. We were totally wrong. Would you believe it? You, of course knew that he was ace and it would all turn out fine.  ;-)

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #2696 on: December 11, 2023, 09:27:25 PM »
Yes. We were totally wrong. Would you believe it? You, of course knew that he was ace and it would all turn out fine.  ;-)

Cheeky bugger.  I actually didn't have a strong opinion either way, but I do remember him getting pelters on here.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #2697 on: December 11, 2023, 09:32:28 PM »
Well, given our results it was reasonable to ask what he got up to every day.

Offline Olof's Beard

« Reply #2698 on: December 11, 2023, 09:35:11 PM »
If he had a short back and sides, he would have attracted a lot less attention. He really, really wound some people up. I always found it a bit bizarre, everybody had imparted personality traits on him when none of us had even so much as speak let alone play one of his 10 minute prog rock keyboard solos.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2699 on: December 11, 2023, 09:36:15 PM »
If I was seemingly giving less than 100% in my job I am sure I’d be open to question too. It seems we have a manager who can get the best out of him these days though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal