collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leon Bailey - signed  (Read 318654 times)

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

Re: Leon Bailey - signed
« Reply #1905 on: November 21, 2022, 10:12:56 AM »
We're not a rest home!

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #1906 on: November 21, 2022, 10:33:12 AM »
We're not a rest home!

Agreed and I think the owners do as well.
For me, this ship has sailed, he was a wonderful player for us but he left and has won his medals so we can all move on. He isn’t the player we sold anyway but that’s no longer our issue.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1907 on: November 30, 2022, 09:27:12 AM »
He’s done an interview apparently.  The gist of which is we should be grateful to have him as even though he did nothing last season he had a chance to join bigger clubs.  This was also the case before he landed at little old Villa.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1908 on: November 30, 2022, 09:30:47 AM »
He’s done an interview apparently.  The gist of which is we should be grateful to have him as even though he did nothing last season he had a chance to join bigger clubs.  This was also the case before he landed at little old Villa.

It didn't read like that at all to me. The 'gist' was more about being injured, having a manager that didn't play with wingers and having a chance to go to Ajax but not wanting to. And now being happy to have a proper coach and being fit enough to show what he can do.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1909 on: November 30, 2022, 09:50:05 AM »
Maybe a few people need to watch his antics, last game of the season against us.

He had just won the league for the first time, is it really that hard to understand he was happy with that?  It was a dead rubber game for us, so they'd hardly inflicted a disaster upon us.

It amazes me football fans demand almost robotic behavoiur from young men living a dream existence and and going through huge emotional swings.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1910 on: November 30, 2022, 11:35:09 AM »
Maybe a few people need to watch his antics, last game of the season against us.

He had just won the league for the first time, is it really that hard to understand he was happy with that?  It was a dead rubber game for us, so they'd hardly inflicted a disaster upon us.

It amazes me football fans demand almost robotic behavoiur from young men living a dream existence and and going through huge emotional swings.

And yet you appear to be demanding robotic behaviour from supporters who are far more emotionally invested in the team than any player.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1911 on: December 01, 2022, 10:06:24 AM »

And yet you appear to be demanding robotic behaviour from supporters who are far more emotionally invested in the team than any player.
Not really.  I would have thought most ought to be capable of rational thought months after the event though.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1912 on: December 01, 2022, 10:09:22 AM »
The day I think rationally about the Villa is the day I'll give up.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1913 on: December 01, 2022, 10:14:39 AM »

Exactly Dave.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1914 on: December 01, 2022, 10:26:26 AM »
It is disgraceful that we are probably not going to win the league this season.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1915 on: December 01, 2022, 01:13:31 PM »
Rational thought might be a bit over the top but I do find it amusing that many of the people who are keen to label former players as snakes are also keen for some current players to 'be fucked off' at the first opportunity.

All sport is prone to extreme reactions and part of that includes some fairly blatant hypocrisy. My favourite version of it is "We need a statement from the club about this" quickly followed by "Don't tell me, show me" once anything actually is said. Football in particular is full of fans who just want to be angry (because the club isn't doing as well as hoped), so anything that happens that is less than a run of wins is something to complain about. Almost every football fan I've ever met is guilty of it as well, so there's no 'better fan than yow' going on, all us just choose how we're going to display our bias.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1916 on: December 01, 2022, 02:44:24 PM »
November player of the month.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1917 on: December 02, 2022, 06:43:54 PM »

Exactly Dave.

Some rationality at last.

Offline trinityoap

« Reply #1918 on: December 02, 2022, 06:46:06 PM »
I'm agreeing with Woodhall which can be rather worrying.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #1919 on: January 04, 2023, 10:00:22 PM »
Oops  :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal