collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: People throwing bog roll, and other odd behaviour  (Read 6215 times)

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
Re: People throwing bog roll, and other odd behaviour
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2022, 04:45:45 PM »
I thought it got foggy second half. If it wasn't that game there was another around that winter time. Sealey definitely the goalkeeper.

I thought maybe the West Ham game on Boxing Day, but I looked that one up and it was clear also.

Offline cdward

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 04:48:06 PM »
Kimberly Clark and her single sheets spelt the end of bog roll throwing.

The accompanying opening chant to signal a Knees Up Mother Brown on the back of the Holte was always a bit strange -deh-deh de-deh, deh-deh de-deh, deh-deh de-deh de deh Oi!

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2022, 05:51:02 PM »
Kimberly Clark and her single sheets spelt the end of bog roll throwing.

The accompanying opening chant to signal a Knees Up Mother Brown on the back of the Holte was always a bit strange -deh-deh de-deh, deh-deh de-deh, deh-deh de-deh de deh Oi!

Yes the Holte End's Ronnie Hazelhurst remix of the cockney classic.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2022, 12:48:02 AM »
When was the last time we passed that huge flag about? Maybe it improves the atmosphere elsewhere but I have always sat Lower Holte since 2010ish, and the atmosphere around me has always been 'oh god, here it comes...okay, right...argh christ it's heavy...I'm having a panic attack, fucking get rid of it!'

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2022, 08:10:04 PM »
When was the last time we passed that huge flag about? Maybe it improves the atmosphere elsewhere but I have always sat Lower Holte since 2010ish, and the atmosphere around me has always been 'oh god, here it comes...okay, right...argh christ it's heavy...I'm having a panic attack, fucking get rid of it!'
I'd forgot about that. It's probably not allowed right now because of Covid. I never liked it because it always seemed a bit, um... Newcastle to me.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2022, 01:58:22 AM »
I'd forgot about that. It's probably not allowed right now because of Covid. I never liked it because it always seemed a bit, um... Newcastle to me.

Yeah, being one of the people who spent five minutes in the shade pushing it along, I never actually got to see it as a spectacle, but I was never taken by it.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2022, 10:54:49 PM »
I do remember matches in the late 60’s where honest costermongers would walk around the pitch during half time selling plastic cartons of Ki-Ora orange juice and Waggon Wheel biscuits the size of a dinner plates. These vendors would be doing an apprenticeship which they would hope one day lead them to the dizzying heights of being an Usher/Usherette at the Gaumont Cinema.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2022, 12:06:27 AM »
I do remember matches in the late 60’s where honest costermongers would walk around the pitch during half time selling plastic cartons of Ki-Ora orange juice and Waggon Wheel biscuits the size of a dinner plates. These vendors would be doing an apprenticeship which they would hope one day lead them to the dizzying heights of being an Usher/Usherette at the Gaumont Cinema.

And don’t forget the 3 packs of Jaffa cakes!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2022, 05:39:36 PM »
There was also the era ( mid to late 70’s) when the Holte End was bedecked with balloons, released to the skies when players ran on the pitch. As they were inflated by lung power rather than Helium the balloons then just sort of hung around or were blown by nature into one corner of the ground, to be pricked by part time prickers thereby ending their brief moment of fame and public admiration.
The balloons era was a thing of beauty, allied with the fact that we were doing so well at the time.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2022, 05:42:17 PM »
I remember a scarf being hung from the rafters at the back of the Holte End and then set on fire. This was common during the late 70s and 80s.
Opposition scarf, to be clear!"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal