collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Last week's FCG meeting minutes  (Read 9821 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Last week's FCG meeting minutes
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 08:43:04 AM »
13,000 waiting list for season tickets!
That's got my hopes dashed.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 10:08:06 AM »
13,000 waiting list for season tickets!
That's got my hopes dashed.

I think you'll find it's more like 18,000 now according to DS....

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 10:12:18 AM by Villafirst »

Offline exigo

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 10:49:51 AM »
Wifi for the first 2 home games is still poor.

Having just upgraded to 5g on EE, Saturday was the first time I've ever had a signal at half time on the Holte.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 11:15:39 AM »
No SKY coverage or alternative feed on screens on concourses, seeing other scores at half time is traditionally essential. Wi-fi is shocking worse than before

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 11:53:36 AM »
One subject I would like to bring up in such meeting would be access across the rear of the North Stand on match day. I come in from Trinity Rd, and at the end of the game we have no clear access back to the path leading back that way meaning thousands of us have to squeeze between parked cars to get out, including people in wheelchairs. You'd think clearing a couple of rows of cars near the barrier would sort this and cost the club buttons.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
One subject I would like to bring up in such meeting would be access across the rear of the North Stand on match day. I come in from Trinity Rd, and at the end of the game we have no clear access back to the path leading back that way meaning thousands of us have to squeeze between parked cars to get out, including people in wheelchairs. You'd think clearing a couple of rows of cars near the barrier would sort this and cost the club buttons.

I always wonder, when the roads are already closed, that they park those lorries across the road so that it bottlenecks everyone into a tight space on either side. There just seems no point to it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2021, 12:22:15 PM »

I always wonder, when the roads are already closed, that they park those lorries across the road so that it bottlenecks everyone into a tight space on either side. There just seems no point to it.

It was done a few years back in response to vehicular terrorist attacks. It was around the same time the council installed vehicle barriers around the German Christmas Market.

As we've seen with events in Kabul, lots of people crammed together is quite appealing to terrorists.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2021, 12:23:07 PM »
How do you get WiFi? Every link I could see was password-protected. Would have been nice to be able to check how the other games were getting on while Brentford were taking fifteen minutes over each throw in.

Offline CT

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 12:44:22 PM »
How do you get WiFi? Every link I could see was password-protected. Would have been nice to be able to check how the other games were getting on while Brentford were taking fifteen minutes over each throw in.

May as well have taken “War & Peace” to cover each time one of them fell over when we attacked.

Offline CT

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 12:45:14 PM »

It was done a few years back in response to vehicular terrorist attacks. It was around the same time the council installed vehicle barriers around the German Christmas Market.

As we've seen with events in Kabul, lots of people crammed together is quite appealing to terrorists.

Thanks Adam, makes a bit more sense now,

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2021, 11:16:38 AM »

there was a matchday one which was open (picked up in lower holte) but even then you had to give all your personal details, including your date of birth.

there was no signal at all on O2, but there are people around me on EE, who have signal and can check scores etc.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2021, 11:40:59 AM »
No SKY coverage or alternative feed on screens on concourses, seeing other scores at half time is traditionally essential. Wi-fi is shocking worse than before
Is the lack of TV coverage, live feeds Sky etc a bit more todo with Covid precautions and people gathering beneath said screens. Their premise being i suppose
if lack of entertainment go back to your seat quicker.
Against Brentford my personal WiFi coverage was bang on the previous game it was a pile of!!!!!!!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2021, 11:42:56 AM »

there was a matchday one which was open (picked up in lower holte) but even then you had to give all your personal details, including your date of birth.

there was no signal at all on O2, but there are people around me on EE, who have signal and can check scores etc.

Ta, will have another try next time.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2021, 11:46:05 AM »
You could always take your transistor radio with you to get the football scores

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2021, 11:51:18 AM »
An issue that I would like to be brought up at the next opportunity is whether the club could not come up with some means of improving public transport connections between the ground and the city centre on match days, in conjunction with the appropriate transport undertakings.  Some years ago, after a game, there would be a line of buses waiting on a road behind Aston Hall, to take fans back into the centre, and you'd be back there in no time.  These days, one is wholly reliant on scheduled services, in particular the No 7 bus which, with the amount of traffic snarling up the roads around the ground, is useless after a game.

I know there are trains, but again, nothing other other than scheduled services - Witton station I would not even attempt, is Aston very much better?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal