collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young (Goodbye and thank you)  (Read 115247 times)

Offline danno

Re: Ashley Young (Goodbye and thank you)
« Reply #1080 on: July 11, 2023, 04:13:11 PM »
He will know Dyche from his Watford days possibly?  I think I read something along those lines when he signed for us as I think Burnley wanted him too.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #1081 on: July 11, 2023, 05:03:49 PM »
No offence to Young but with resigning likes of Coleman, getting in Young on a free...Everton are already bunking in for another season long relegation battle.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1082 on: July 11, 2023, 05:15:00 PM »
No offence to Young but with resigning likes of Coleman, getting in Young on a free...Everton are already bunking in for another season long relegation battle.

They've been linked with Saint Maximin and I saw reports yesterday saying they'd had a bid accepted for Gnonto from Leeds. I mean, the rumours are massive, but the actual done deals are less so, so we'll see.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1083 on: July 11, 2023, 07:37:40 PM »
My Everton supporting colleague was less than impressed with the news. He was even less impressed when I informed him that a 38 year old was now their best player.

I meant it as well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1084 on: July 11, 2023, 07:47:44 PM »
I can understand why Everton fans aren't impressed. Where does he fit into their squad of title challenging world class stars?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1085 on: July 12, 2023, 12:08:10 AM »
I was in a pub (The Globe) opposite Baker Street station. There were a couple of Evertonians sat behind me. When they scored their equaliser, they came over and celebrated in front of me. When Young got the winner, I reciprocated and then some. Pretty amazed I didn’t get a kicking.

I did the same, waving Arsenal fans out the pub one Christmas many moons ago. All the Man City fans who had just returned from their game were sure it was going to kick off.

It was probably their first experience of Arsenal being a club of bottlers.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #1086 on: July 12, 2023, 09:38:43 AM »
Good luck to him. He did well for us last season and was a positive influence.

Hopefully we will bring in someone who is serious competition to Cash over the next few years, if not an obvious upgrade.

Slightly strange that Everton are signing someone aged 38 to compete with their current 34 year-old right back, though f*ck 'em. They are probably in my top three I want to see relegated. UTV.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1087 on: July 12, 2023, 10:03:30 AM »
Everton had easily the shittest full backs in the league last season That Ukranian lad, God bless him it must be hard with what's going on back home but it doesn't change the fact he's fucking useless at football, and Coleman is well past his sell by date.

Young will be their best full back without doubt, and will be on set piece duty you'd think, a key component in a Dyche team.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1088 on: July 12, 2023, 10:42:30 AM »
From Ash

Firstly I’d like to thank the players, all of you know what I said I wanted to achieve with you and after all the hard work we managed to achieve that!

Secondly thanks to the managers and staff that believed and trusted in me, you know who you are!

And finally to you the fans who welcomed me back with open arms almost as if I had never left. I wish I was given the chance to say goodbye properly and show my appreciation to you, but I wasn’t given the answers to my questions before the last game of the season. Villa Park will always be a special place to me. UTV. See You Next Season…… Age really is just a number……

https://twitter.com/youngy18/status/1679061841157275648?s=46&t=0-BUXD66ovTcofwrbTW4Ag

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1089 on: July 12, 2023, 10:44:33 AM »
From Ash

Firstly I’d like to thank the players, all of you know what I said I wanted to achieve with you and after all the hard work we managed to achieve that!

Secondly thanks to the managers and staff that believed and trusted in me, you know who you are!

And finally to you the fans who welcomed me back with open arms almost as if I had never left. I wish I was given the chance to say goodbye properly and show my appreciation to you, but I wasn’t given the answers to my questions before the last game of the season. Villa Park will always be a special place to me. UTV. See You Next Season…… Age really is just a number……

https://twitter.com/youngy18/status/1679061841157275648?s=46&t=0-BUXD66ovTcofwrbTW4Ag

Ooh, that's a bit of a dig. Club is bigger than the player I'm afraid Ash.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1090 on: July 12, 2023, 10:45:18 AM »
From Ash

We'll no doubt be seeing Ash in our first home game.

All the best to him.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1091 on: July 12, 2023, 10:45:18 AM »
Little undercurrent of things not being handled very well there. It did look a bit shit that on the last day of the season the Villa pitchside announcer was wasking him if he wanted to stay, Young said he did but it was up to the club, then a few days later it's announced he's leaving.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1092 on: July 12, 2023, 10:58:32 AM »
Little undercurrent of things not being handled very well there. It did look a bit shit that on the last day of the season the Villa pitchside announcer was wasking him if he wanted to stay, Young said he did but it was up to the club, then a few days later it's announced he's leaving.

I'd say it wasn't handled in the way he wanted, rather than not very well. My guess is that Emery wanted focus on the game, not on contracts etc. If he'd told him he wasn't being kept on, do you think he'd have performed the same way? He may have tried to hard and got carried away, or the opposite.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1093 on: July 12, 2023, 11:01:53 AM »
A lovely passive-aggressive farewell message. He's a player who did his job, often pretty well, and now he's gone to another club. It happens. Like when he fucked off to Man Utd, for instance.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1094 on: July 12, 2023, 11:05:52 AM »
He is right to feel however he wants about how it was handled but airing it in public isn’t cool. There was need to have a public dig at the club. He chose to leave us when he could have stayed. We gave him a chance to have another shot at the PL. That stuff he could have kept behind the scenes. It’s disappointing he’s decided to take a dig publicly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal