collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young (Goodbye and thank you)  (Read 114590 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Ashley Young
« Reply #660 on: October 24, 2022, 08:01:56 PM »
Up for it from the very start, his encouragement to Bailey in the first minute when he won the corner we scored from was brilliant to see.  Love to see the players encouraging each other like that.

Yep - give him another year deal.

Not only is he still a very decent player he's a leader and skilled in the art of shithousery. A model profeshnial.
we've been lacking a proper shithouse in our team for years

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #661 on: October 24, 2022, 08:03:49 PM »
Up for it from the very start, his encouragement to Bailey in the first minute when he won the corner we scored from was brilliant to see.  Love to see the players encouraging each other like that.

Yep - give him another year deal.

Not only is he still a very decent player he's a leader and skilled in the art of shithousery. A model profeshnial.
when Konsa?was injured and was hobbling around you could see young yelling at him, the second time he really yelled at him to go down

Offline frank black

« Reply #662 on: October 25, 2022, 01:56:38 PM »
I’m back in love with our Ashley. Amazing impact on our team

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #663 on: October 25, 2022, 02:43:23 PM »
I didn't think he was up to much last season, and I was disappointed when we kept him on this summer. How wrong I was, he's been excellent, and we'd have been deep in the shit without him.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #664 on: October 25, 2022, 02:43:51 PM »
His second spell has reminded me much I loved him first time. Hope Emery keeps him around the team, his leadership gives us a lot.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #665 on: October 25, 2022, 03:03:16 PM »
Yes I didn't want him to sign back up, but what a attitude in recent games, shining example to everyone,

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #666 on: October 25, 2022, 03:09:16 PM »
Absolute model pro. And given two spells with us he clearly loves the club. As a professional he had to move on to win things. It’s been our failure as a club with top players for a very long time. But I don’t question he is genuine affection for us or his loyalty.

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #667 on: October 25, 2022, 04:04:02 PM »
I’d play him ahead of Cash or Digne at the moment. Just sensational and clearly motivated to play at the highest level for as long as he can.

Offline cdward

« Reply #668 on: October 25, 2022, 04:36:02 PM »
Loving his game management. It's a mixture of experience, nous and shithousery.
He always grabs a few extra yards at throw ins, is in the ref's ear looking for a decision, influencing him for the next decision.
Any flare ups he is always straight in but not in a hot headed way, but trying to manage it away from our players, and sticking up for his team mates.
The penalty thing was very well done.  Picking up the ball so the opposition thought he was taking it and soaking up all their mind games before passing it off to Ings who was left alone was a masterclass, all while standing on the spot to protect it too.
All this added to his fitness. What a player.
Have to admit i do love a bit of "shithousery", it's being streetwise in games.
Long may it continue.

Offline supertom

« Reply #669 on: October 25, 2022, 07:41:11 PM »
Excellent this season. A rare bright spot in Gerrards last games too. I was happy for him to resign, if only for the odd cameo and presence. He kind of filled a job last season without ever looking like he was still able to impact games too much. This season he's been much better and he looks fitter than a lot of the players 10 years younger than him.

Keep it up and he might just be a POTY contender. Not that I want the captain thing to become front and center once again, but I'd be considering giving it to him if I were Emery.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #670 on: October 25, 2022, 09:29:16 PM »
A real warmth washed over me when he scored against Forest. Reminded me of good times. Love having him back around.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #671 on: October 25, 2022, 10:12:29 PM »
Excellent this season. A rare bright spot in Gerrards last games too. I was happy for him to resign, if only for the odd cameo and presence. He kind of filled a job last season without ever looking like he was still able to impact games too much. This season he's been much better and he looks fitter than a lot of the players 10 years younger than him.

Keep it up and he might just be a POTY contender. Not that I want the captain thing to become front and center once again, but I'd be considering giving it to him if I were Emery.

Not need to make him captain, can have Martinez as captain, whilst Young is just another captain in all but name. He’s been nothing short of brilliant this season.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #672 on: October 25, 2022, 10:27:19 PM »
Absolute model pro.
I wouldn't go that far; he used to play wearing a snood.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #673 on: October 26, 2022, 01:29:14 AM »
I don't think I'd want Digne behind Bailey now, I think they would tread on each others toes. Maybe I'm doing Digne a disservice there but I just feel more 'safe' with Young there.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #674 on: October 26, 2022, 01:58:57 AM »
I don't think I'd want Digne behind Bailey now, I think they would tread on each others toes. Maybe I'm doing Digne a disservice there but I just feel more 'safe' with Young there.

I guess the beauty of Ash is that he can play in almost any position apart from GK or CB. With his recent performances he has nailed down a place, but needs to be rested given his age, then can be deployed elsewhere as we need.

I love the bloke, and he's such a great option to have in & around the squad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal