collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young (Goodbye and thank you)  (Read 112490 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Ashley Young - welcome home.
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2021, 06:07:44 PM »
Glad to have him back. Between 2007-9 he was exceptional. The season 2007/8 season in particular where he was in the team of the year IIRC, and really surprised people. He had a ridiculous amount of assists (we scored a shite load of goals that season too, 3rd highest scorers?). He was still consistent throughout the rest of O Neill's time and the second half of his final season, but that first full season he was absolutely high on confidence, always driving at fullbacks. The Chelsea game I recall him and Gabby being absolutely superb.
There were a lot of great memories, Everton as many have said.

He'll offer something different now of course, but I think has kept himself in excellent condition. He's not quick but he can cover a number of positions, including full back. He can also delivery a good set piece. I think he's still wily enough if he was played further up field too. No pace anymore but a decent engine still. Think this is more Terry than Pires as far as older signings. We'll get some use out of Ash.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2021, 08:27:44 PM »
I was in Churchill's pub in Little Haiti as was in Miami for the weekend. It was pretty early in the morning so not many in (it's also a kip). When Everton scored the regular expats there were giving me stick so I went for a piss and Young had scored by the time I came back out.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2021, 11:11:59 PM »
That goal at Everton, I turned the TV off in anger when Lescott scored. Well over 30 minutes before I knew we'd won.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2021, 11:41:56 PM »
I was in the Fordrough (now closed due to unfortunate circumstances, which have recently become more so). Went outside for a cig in a strop and ran back in once hearing uproar.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2021, 10:05:29 AM »
Was in the Sutton Park in Boldmere, place was bouncing, Sid Cowans was in there too!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2021, 12:11:35 PM »
As a winger at his best he was exceptional. Great speed and control, and with the ability to beat a man and score goals. Never shirked the defensive side either. For somebody for the other wide players like Traore and El Ghazi to learn from, he's perfect.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2021, 12:23:26 PM »
As a winger at his best he was exceptional. Great speed and control, and with the ability to beat a man and score goals. Never shirked the defensive side either. For somebody for the other wide players like Traore and El Ghazi to learn from, he's perfect.

Cash and Targett can learn too, and we don’t need two full backs on the suns bench, so it’s all a no brainer

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2021, 12:23:51 PM »
I was in Taiwan and got arrested when he scored the winner against Everton.

Nothing too terrible. Just for being a foreigner making a lot of noise in the apartment building I was living in. Police drove me home on a scooter after 10 minutes of questions at the station, and gave me a coconut. A bizarre evening.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »

Nothing too terrible. Just for being a foreigner making a lot of noise in the apartment building I was living in. Police drove me home on a scooter after 10 minutes of questions at the station, and gave me a coconut. A bizarre evening.

H&V at its best.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2021, 02:27:43 PM »

Wow that some evening.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2021, 03:31:22 PM »

H&V at its best.

Pointless telling a story of that goal after reading that. Unless it’s got coconuts and scooters in it, it’s coming a very poor second to that gem!

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2021, 10:06:12 PM »

Marvellous. A lesson in community policing.

Quote from: Urban Dictionary
coconut

a sex movement when the girl is riding the dick and she spells out coconut with her hips.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:10:50 PM by Bad English »

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2021, 11:46:39 PM »
Ahh. That'll be why the Taiwanese girl at my local supermarket slapped my face when I asked her for a coconut then. Makes sense now.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2021, 11:55:35 PM »
Am I the only one struggling to understand how this sex act would work?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #284 on: June 21, 2021, 12:10:30 AM »
Am I the only one struggling to understand how this sex act would work?

Yes, I think you need a trip to Brazil.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal