collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ashley Young (Goodbye and thank you)  (Read 115086 times)

Offline Bully2345

Re: Ashley Young
« Reply #825 on: April 11, 2023, 02:10:53 PM »
Could give Kessler a little more time to get ready if we see him as the long-term solution but needs longer.

A bit off topic but there's some alarm bells going off with me that Kesler-Hayden hasn't made a matchday squad yet. Maybe he's not all that

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #826 on: April 11, 2023, 02:17:38 PM »
It's more question marks for me than alarm bells. I think there has been a bit of talk that he thought he had made it already and they're looking to bring him down to Earth.

I saw an interesting article about Seb Revan the other day. It pointed out that even though Emery doesn't like to unnecessarily put kids on the bench and already had Digne on the bench, that he still chose to play a second left back on the bench. Even though it would have been more logical to have Kessler there to even it out. The article also suggested it was to reward his performances in training.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #827 on: April 11, 2023, 02:44:57 PM »
Could give Kessler a little more time to get ready if we see him as the long-term solution but needs longer.

A bit off topic but there's some alarm bells going off with me that Kesler-Hayden hasn't made a matchday squad yet. Maybe he's not all that

That's a fair point, especially with Young as our only fit right back at the moment. Maybe Emery just doesn't think he's close to enough playing his brand of football yet. The lad looked pretty good in pre-season though.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #828 on: April 12, 2023, 04:18:53 PM »
I’ve posted before about his attitude at Swindon when they were thrashed by Orient. He - along with the rest of the team - gave up far too easily.

I came away from that game pretty underwhelmed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #829 on: April 12, 2023, 04:29:06 PM »
I’ve posted before about his attitude at Swindon when they were thrashed by Orient. He - along with the rest of the team - gave up far too easily.

I came away from that game pretty underwhelmed.

Not sure how much you can read into that though. I'd have been happy never to see any of our team play another game again after the Fulham match earlier this season.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #830 on: April 12, 2023, 07:11:11 PM »
Yeah, one-offs happen. He's clearly talented, let's see if he has the drive.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #831 on: April 15, 2023, 03:13:52 PM »
We need to take climate change seriously, otherwise what kind of a world will we be leaving the ageless Ashley Young?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #832 on: April 15, 2023, 03:18:01 PM »
He has to be such a massive influence at the club right now. Hasn’t set a foot wrong since coming back. And while losing Cash was a kick in the nuts we’ve not skipped a beat with Ash filling in. Brilliant player and all round professional.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #833 on: April 16, 2023, 04:17:55 AM »
Ashley deserves a further 12 month deal. The guy was immense yesterday. So much experience and nous and not least great physical fitness.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #834 on: April 16, 2023, 04:48:45 AM »
I'd have no reservations giving him a 3-year extension.

He might not be an automatic starter, but the bloke is in unbelievable shape, is a consummate professional and will make a great coach one day.

Plus, I think he really does have a connection with the club. He left as we were beginning our spiral down the plughole, but he always gave everything for us, left in the most dignified way amongst those of that generation, and has been brilliant since his return.

Ash is 100% okay with me.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #835 on: April 16, 2023, 07:40:53 AM »
Will be interesting to see what happens when Cash is back from injury. I m not he biggest fan of Cash and as the team now are floating with a whole lot of rhythm its the danger that there will be something broken entering Cash. If it happen I have something to moan at again - I have not had that for the last games and as a Villafan its a bit unreal ish

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #836 on: April 16, 2023, 09:04:05 AM »
Will be interesting to see what happens when Cash is back from injury. I m not he biggest fan of Cash and as the team now are floating with a whole lot of rhythm its the danger that there will be something broken entering Cash. If it happen I have something to moan at again - I have not had that for the last games and as a Villafan its a bit unreal ish

Cash is a great athlete, but Ashley is technically a better player. However, his levels will start to drop soon. He'll be 38 this summer, which is like 50 in full-back years. I'd definitely be happy signing him for another year if they club think he's got it in his legs, but I suspect he'd end next season outside the squad.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #837 on: April 16, 2023, 09:08:22 AM »
Ashley deserves a further 12 month deal. The guy was immense yesterday. So much experience and nous and not least great physical fitness.

He’s earnt it. For sure.

Hope whoever does the laundry at Villa gives his shorts a good shake empty the pockets. Wouldn’t want Gordon ending up in the washer.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #838 on: April 16, 2023, 09:09:57 AM »
His performance levels are incredible, if he was a striker at one of the 'big six' we'd never hear the end of it. For the position he plays at his age it's remarkable.

Top professional

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #839 on: April 16, 2023, 09:13:06 AM »
Where ya bin Fred?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal