collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 147711 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: FFP
« Reply #2295 on: April 09, 2024, 07:57:33 AM »
It’s a complete shambles, we won’t know who is going to be relegated until after the season is over, then I think that any of the relegated teams are likely to go to court to challenge the rulings.

The big mistake appears to be them not deciding a fixed tariff for each breach and instead carry out individual hearings.
A complete mess.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:59:32 AM by ChicagoLion »

Offline sid1964

« Reply #2296 on: April 09, 2024, 08:01:08 AM »
Are the current FFP rules about to be replaced luxury tax rules as opposed to losing points?

Online frank black

« Reply #2297 on: April 09, 2024, 08:12:43 AM »
Are the current FFP rules about to be replaced luxury tax rules as opposed to losing points?

Indeed, that’ll be interesting. What value is punitive enough to put off the mega rich? What will happen to the proceeds raised? Will enough clubs agree?

If done incorrectly, It doesn't achieve the objectives of FFP IMO. Those with the deepest pockets or highest attitude to risk will prosper and potentially risk their clubs future.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2298 on: April 09, 2024, 08:18:26 AM »

Indeed, that’ll be interesting. What value is punitive enough to put off the mega rich? What will happen to the proceeds raised? Will enough clubs agree?

If done incorrectly, It doesn't achieve the objectives of FFP IMO. Those with the deepest pockets or highest attitude to risk will prosper and potentially risk their clubs future.
It’s just 1 of several proposals being discussed, there is no indication that it will come into effect as Turkey’s don’t vote for Christmas.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #2299 on: April 09, 2024, 09:01:14 AM »
If we had a 10 point deduction we'd still be on for 5th place.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #2300 on: April 09, 2024, 09:58:19 AM »
Read this elsewhere - is this correct with regards to the new points deduction for Everton?

Re the scrapped/deferred/suspended plans for the North Stand -
Just been having a read,I know don't believe everything in the press, but it's stating that Everton and the Premier league are at loggerheads over their new stadium.
Everton are arguing that the cost shouldn't be included in PSR, whereas the Premier league are arguing that it should. Maybe that's the reason we've reined back until we see how this turns out, especially given our reported financial losses?
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will say stadium costs shouldn't count, like Spuds, Arsenal, Liverpool, but it's definitely food for thought.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2301 on: April 09, 2024, 10:02:20 AM »
No the first deduction is indexed to a loan for around £10m they took out, which Everton say was for the new stadium, but it was prior to planning permission being taken out.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2302 on: April 09, 2024, 10:13:30 AM »
Read this elsewhere - is this correct with regards to the new points deduction for Everton?

Just been having a read,I know don't believe everything in the press, but it's stating that Everton and the Premier league are at loggerheads over their new stadium.
Everton are arguing that the cost shouldn't be included in PSR, whereas the Premier league are arguing that it should. Maybe that's the reason we've reined back until we see how this turns out, especially given our reported financial losses?
I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will say stadium costs shouldn't count, like Spuds, Arsenal, Liverpool, but it's definitely food for thought.

I've read the commission decision, and it looks like Everton were taking the piss over what they were counting as "stadium costs". They were trying to capitalise some wages for example, of the sales and marketing team who were flogging boxes in the new stadium. I don't think this had any bearing at all on our decision to stop the North Stand rebuild.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2303 on: April 09, 2024, 10:27:04 AM »
In today's Grauniad:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/09/premier-league-psr-profitability-sustainability-rules.
Doesn't address the related issue of Citeh's charges, which - for many people - is an elephant in the room that needs to be dealt with before taking PSR seriously.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2304 on: April 09, 2024, 10:38:38 AM »
Credibility will come when they do conclude the case against Stockport 115, until then it raise questions why punishments are handed out, while their case drags on and they sweep all before them. Even a not guilty verdict, while not exactly putting out the fire, would at least give an answer to the whataboutery that gets thrown up every time.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2305 on: April 09, 2024, 10:38:56 AM »

You also heard that Man City's charges were for the grass being too long and the changing rooms being the wrong shape. Either you need to stop being so gullible or get better sources of information.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2306 on: April 09, 2024, 11:06:03 AM »
No the first deduction is indexed to a loan for around £10m they took out, which Everton say was for the new stadium, but it was prior to planning permission being taken out.

Didn't they load some interest from other loans onto the stadium costs as well?

Either way they were charged for putting expenses against the new stadium that the panel didn't think were correct and that therefore needed to be added to PSR which tipped them over the limit.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2307 on: April 13, 2024, 03:40:50 PM »
Seems Chelsea would have made a massive loss if hotel property hadn't been flogged to another company. Good for that company investing to help Chelsea. I reckon Todd Boehly must thank the owner of it, a certain *checks notes* Todd Boehly.

In March they reported a pre-tax loss of £90m, having lost £121m the previous year. However, in figures published by Companies House, it is now clear the losses would have been even higher without the sale of hotel buildings to Blueco 22 Properties Ltd, a subsidiary of parent company Blueco 22 Ltd, which led to a profit for the club of £76.5m.

I realise we have done similar a few years ago, but I thought they had tightened up those rules since. Obviously not.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2308 on: April 13, 2024, 03:59:53 PM »
Seems Chelsea would have made a massive loss if hotel property hadn't been flogged to another company. Good for that company investing to help Chelsea. I reckon Todd Boehly must thank the owner of it, a certain *checks notes* Todd Boehly.

In March they reported a pre-tax loss of £90m, having lost £121m the previous year. However, in figures published by Companies House, it is now clear the losses would have been even higher without the sale of hotel buildings to Blueco 22 Properties Ltd, a subsidiary of parent company Blueco 22 Ltd, which led to a profit for the club of £76.5m.

I realise we have done similar a few years ago, but I thought they had tightened up those rules since. Obviously not.

I don’t see why they’d need to tighten the rules as long as the transaction is for fair value.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2309 on: April 16, 2024, 07:46:34 PM »
It would appear it's not cleared the PL adjudicators yet, 9 months on. Apologies for having to include Jim White

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal