collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 146096 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: FFP
« Reply #2040 on: March 27, 2024, 09:34:23 PM »
If we move from VP, I'd probably be done. Not hyperbole or drama, just so much of going to football is about doing what I've always done, since the late 70s, initially with my dad, then with my mates, now with my own family. It's much more important to me than how good the food is or how long I have to queue for a beer.

I get how it's probably the 'sensible" thing, it must be because almost everyone else has done it who plays regularly at the level we aspire to, I just hate the idea, completely and utterly. For the same reason there are so many nostalgia posts on here about the old Holte end etc. It's about tradition and memories . I get that that butters no parsnips as they used to say, but that's how I feel.
Same here.
It’s about where my ancestors have been going for generations, it’s where I have taken my kids so they know about the history.
It won’t ever be the same , if it’s not Villa Park.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #2041 on: March 27, 2024, 09:43:06 PM »
Now ultimately I hope we stay at Villa Park
Do you? Why didn’t you mention it before? 😉

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2042 on: March 27, 2024, 09:50:54 PM »
If we move from VP, I'd probably be done. Not hyperbole or drama, just so much of going to football is about doing what I've always done, since the late 70s, initially with my dad, then with my mates, now with my own family. It's much more important to me than how good the food is or how long I have to queue for a beer.

I get how it's probably the 'sensible" thing, it must be because almost everyone else has done it who plays regularly at the level we aspire to, I just hate the idea, completely and utterly. For the same reason there are so many nostalgia posts on here about the old Holte end etc. It's about tradition and memories . I get that that butters no parsnips as they used to say, but that's how I feel.
For me the minute football starts being sensible - we might as well give up

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2043 on: March 27, 2024, 09:54:29 PM »
Do I need to dust off a bedsheet?

To replace the sodden ones of some people on here?

Ah, Leighton, one of H&V's more famous sons, on account of his orange sheet with the infamous "We're not fickle. We just don't like you" black-inked zinger aimed at Dolly O'Dreary circa 2005/06 and caught by the TV cameras..

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2044 on: March 27, 2024, 11:36:01 PM »
Yes it would be embarrassing if a small shit club like blose had a newer and bigger stadium than villa park (even if they will never fill it)

Imagine that stadium being chosen ahead of villa park  for events?

I do agree about the surrounding area at villa park being pretty shit tbh

Have you been to the area around that Wheels site? 

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2045 on: March 28, 2024, 07:02:22 AM »
Is Perry Barr Alex redevelopment an option? At least lots of people can be bussed in and out

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2046 on: March 28, 2024, 07:24:35 AM »

Same here.
It’s about where my ancestors have been going for generations, it’s where I have taken my kids so they know about the history.
It won’t ever be the same , if it’s not Villa Park.

I completely get this.  I’m undecided on it and change my mind every time this thread gets a bump.  The thing is, I’d have been in the totally against camp a few months ago.  It feels like, certainly under the FFP rules as they are, that if we want to consistently compete where we are now, we will need to move.  If heritage is more important, I get that point of view.  I’m probably more in favour of moving than staying  because I want to see the villa play and win at the highest level possible. 

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2047 on: March 28, 2024, 07:51:30 AM »
As if the Noses have you lot rattled. I checked the BBC table and they're about to drop into the third division. And if they do get a ground to be the Darlington of the 2030s, then who gives a good fuck? We're competing for Champions League football and European trophies, with more money on our tummy next season than they get in income full stop.

No, its our current President of Business who has rattled some of us because his actions have been a bit small time and his comms have been positively amateur. And it is a fair comment to ask what the plan is as the SHA announcement narrows down one more potential avenue.

No, it really isn't. His actions in moving us to Adidas, Betano and increasing revenue by over £10m a year aren't sign of small time at all. He's put a stop to a plan to build a North Stand, that's not small time, because you don't know what he's planning to do instead. We have new investors, who are fucking huge, that's not small time.

He's got rid of a badge that most people didn't want (if we're being honest), that was voted in ahead of a really shit design.

He has communicated some information, and just said nothing on others, and in the modern world, patience doesn't seem to be a virtue any more, people (like you) want information when they want it, regardless of whether or not they have any right to make that demand. (I also understand a club is about fans, without them there's nothing, but in the modern world of wanting news immediately, having to wait a few weeks seems like a lifetime).

As for that lot down the road narrowing our options, you're having a fucking laugh. They are nothing in comparison to us, and they will forever be in our shadow. Stop letting them get inside your head.
Drummond's last few posts on here have absolutely nailed it.

I couldn't give a toss what Small Heath do, it doesn't affect us as we're more likely to be playing in the Champions League next season and they're more likely to be having a local derby against Burton Albion.

Communication, I'd just be patient. The stuff we HAVE announced - Castore to Adidas, BK8 to Betano, bringing in £100m of investment from a company primarily focussed on building & operating huge stadia - has been pretty decent. I'm not going to worry about stuff we haven't announced just yet.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #2048 on: March 28, 2024, 08:31:47 AM »
They're not building in the city centre  if they even build anything at all. If by some miracle, the biggest joke in the history of football do manage to cobble together a stadium, its hardly going to be Everton or Spurs is it for a 2nd division side that pulls 18k on a good day. If we want to build something, we will build it.
This is what I think too, how is anyone describing that site as being in the city centre?

Offline cdward

« Reply #2049 on: March 28, 2024, 08:44:03 AM »
How do i get my "paver" back if we move?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2050 on: March 28, 2024, 08:48:04 AM »
Tbh, even with all of this chat about moving, my guess would be it's not something that we're even considering.  And if we do spend money doing a bit of infilling, I don't think we're seriously considering the Noth Stand right now either - at least for a few years.  But it does give us something to discuss during quiet periods.  I know we've had investment, but I just think Heck has got cold feet.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #2051 on: March 28, 2024, 08:58:35 AM »
Tbh, even with all of this chat about moving, my guess would be it's not something that we're even considering.  And if we do spend money doing a bit of infilling, I don't think we're seriously considering the Noth Stand right now either - at least for a few years.  But it does give us something to discuss during quiet periods.  I know we've had investment, but I just think Heck has got cold feet.

Or more probably he wants the new stand to be associated with his name rather than pursuing a project instigated by his predecessor.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2052 on: March 28, 2024, 09:05:47 AM »
They're not building in the city centre  if they even build anything at all. If by some miracle, the biggest joke in the history of football do manage to cobble together a stadium, its hardly going to be Everton or Spurs is it for a 2nd division side that pulls 18k on a good day. If we want to build something, we will build it.
This is what I think too, how is anyone describing that site as being in the city centre?

The tram will extend to Digbeth (one day) but it's still a bit of walk so it is a misnomer. And the idea that suddenly there will be a long list of non-football events taking place there is fanciful in the extreme. Large, stadium based outdoor gigs are sporadic in Brum and I can't think of anything else that would use a new stadium, and that includes us building one. We seem to be more proactive as far as gigs are concerned lately and the Wolfs have one now and again but the Motor Cross last summer was a flop in terms of ticket sales I believe. Manchester host lots of big concerts at the 115 Stadium and the cricket ground indicating that bands will do London to cover the South and Cotton Town to cover the North, leaving the Midlands out.

I take the same view of the Rags owners purchase of the ground as I did their purchase of the club, they are in it for what they can get out of it, not what they can put in and the Wheels site will sold on again or redeveloped for housing or commerce.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2053 on: March 28, 2024, 09:14:26 AM »

Or more probably he wants the new stand to be associated with his name rather than pursuing a project instigated by his predecessor.
He has stifled the development of the club and managed to stifle the feelgood factor among the fans who are on the very real waiting list for season tickets which I am on. If he did that for his own personal vanity he needs booting all the way from Villa Park to Aston Station with a one way ticket to fuck off town. I doubt very much our brilliant owners would allow that but his appointment seems like a very bad idea at this point. As others have alluded to the investment from Comcast points to something huge happening. If so Mr Heck needs to be front and centre to make the announcement because up to now everything has said and done has been disastrous.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2054 on: March 28, 2024, 09:32:44 AM »
As for the waiting list, hasn't it been confirmed that only a very small percentage of people on it have bought a match ticket in the last few years?  So whilst I believe 100% that it's real, I'm not sure how many would actually put their money down when their turn comes. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal