collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Championship Memories by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 08:29:45 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:28:13 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by N'ZMAV
[Today at 08:20:02 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:13:06 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:11:19 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 08:06:29 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Godfrey Brian
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 08:01:14 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 144534 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: FFP
« Reply #765 on: February 20, 2024, 06:23:12 PM »
I don't follow the finances and I haven't been reading the thread but cna someone summarise what's going on?

In a word, are we fucked?

Does it look bad or are we still unsure?
Impossible to say until the accounts are released.

OK thank you mate.
AS Percy said above, I also think that it is very unlikely that we have a problem.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #766 on: February 21, 2024, 10:41:05 AM »
If we had FFP concerns, I don't think we would have spent £8m on Rogers.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #767 on: February 21, 2024, 11:54:45 AM »
If we had FFP concerns, I don't think we would have spent £8m on Rogers.

Or an 18 year old Serbian right back.

Offline jwarry

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #769 on: February 25, 2024, 07:27:22 AM »

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #770 on: February 25, 2024, 07:32:21 AM »
Isn’t he just saying that we will do what we have to for compliance? Like every other club should do.

And with selling, it’s not just about FFP. There may be a player who wants to go and we have to get what we can for him. Emery might want reinforcements that he is prepared to lose another player to fund…

All I know is that we have a fantastic manager to cope with losing a player, and it isn’t going to all fall apart because one player leaves.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #771 on: February 25, 2024, 07:41:29 AM »
Isn’t he just saying that we will do what we have to for compliance? Like every other club should do.

And with selling, it’s not just about FFP. There may be a player who wants to go and we have to get what we can for him. Emery might want reinforcements that he is prepared to lose another player to fund…

All I know is that we have a fantastic manager to cope with losing a player, and it isn’t going to all fall apart because one player leaves.
There are a few players with huge FFP value,
SJM, Luiz, Ramsey, Watkins, Bailey and Martinez.
I just hope none of these has to be sacrificed but the comment by Emery seems to be preparing us for that.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #772 on: February 25, 2024, 07:48:57 AM »
I’m pretty sure no one sat down with Emery last month and said “We can sign a teenage right back for next season, an unproven forward we think has potential and will play a minor role this season, as well as a young backup keeper that’s never played in the UK before, but it means we have to sell Watkins or Luiz in the summer. Shall we?”

And Unai said “Go for it, mucka.”

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #773 on: February 25, 2024, 10:45:31 AM »
I’m pretty sure no one sat down with Emery last month and said “We can sign a teenage right back for next season, an unproven forward we think has potential and will play a minor role this season, as well as a young backup keeper that’s never played in the UK before, but it means we have to sell Watkins or Luiz in the summer. Shall we?”

In FFP terms that expenditure is negligible.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #774 on: February 25, 2024, 10:51:31 AM »

or maybe they are planning ahead as they have a good idea who is leaving in the summer already.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #775 on: February 27, 2024, 09:38:35 AM »
Just seen a couple of clips on YOUTUBE of Purslow appearing on Talk Sport - talks about FFP and makes some very interesting points .

He also stated that Villa's wage bill this season is half of the amount that each of the supposed "big 6" are paying.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #776 on: February 27, 2024, 09:55:37 AM »
I think the key here is we’ll only do what we want to do.  If we have to sell a player it will only be a player that we’re prepared to let go.  If there is anyone that unai thinks is really hard to replace then they won’t be sold. 

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #777 on: February 27, 2024, 10:04:08 AM »
And if we do have to sell a player, even one we don’t want to, I’d suggest we are in a much better place to be able to take that in our stride than we were when Grealish left. We have to be prepared to player trade our way to be competitive in the top 4 as we just haven’t got the commercial operation to compete on wages etc yet.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #778 on: February 27, 2024, 10:22:30 AM »
Just seen a couple of clips on YOUTUBE of Purslow appearing on Talk Sport - talks about FFP and makes some very interesting points .

He also stated that Villa's wage bill this season is half of the amount that each of the supposed "big 6" are paying.

Ratcliffe was talking about changing the wage structure at Manure the other day. Citeh players are apparently on loads of bonuses to knock them up to 350k a week with all their wins last season (they earned £300million as a club with the wins).

Manure start at £300k a week average and was £515k a week for Ronaldo.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #779 on: February 27, 2024, 03:58:32 PM »
https://x.com/johntownley11/status/1761033543533113643?s=46&t=bVpftFYUKG9FXkQ-mcgjPw
Which probably means we will lose a player that none of us wants to lose.

Could mean any number of things. Maybe we sell Lucas Digne if Unai is happy with Sousa as Moreno’s back up, Rogers replacing Zaniolo in the squad, Langlet going back or joining on a permanent deal and selling Carlos, Duran & Chambers leaving etc. All these scenarios leave us with our best players (apart from Digne leaving). There are many ways to skin a cat, we just don’t know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal