collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 166567 times)

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: FFP
« Reply #270 on: January 13, 2024, 10:59:21 AM »
FFP isn’t fit for purpose.  It needs a serious revamp and look at things like how finance is funded - is it debt or equity.

Also 110m should be higher due to transfer and general inflation.

Finally no one should be subjected to any points deduction until Man City’s thing is resolved 9 years of cheating allegedly.  It’s not fair that some clubs should be fined and have deductions while Man City case remains open.

Finally it is anti competitive and causing clubs to make bad long term decisions for accounting reasons

Agree, but it works as planned for those clubs it was there to protect…won’t change unless by some fluke one of those scumbag clubs who were gonna run off to ESL get caught out (AbuDhabi City don’t count as the others hate them)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #271 on: January 13, 2024, 11:26:36 AM »
Looks as though Wolves could be the next club that may have a points deduction - it seems so unfair that Chelsea etc.. can spend with no issues regarding FFP

May be the reason for the stopping of the North Stand re-development is that the club could not afford to lose the revenue for a few seasons, whilst the stand was being rebuilt

I wonder if the extra seats could be achieved by filling in one of the corners by the North Stand

Newcastle director of football has already told their fans, that they will need to "player trade" in the summer, maybe we will have to do the same
The extra seats in the NS corners has been discussed Ad nauseum on the redevelopment thread. You can't do that because of the massive pillars supporting the roof. The roof would need to be removed then infill the corners and put a brand new cantilever roof on. Big job costing millions that would easily take a year to complete. Makes more sense to knock it down and rebuild it but Heck has already put that "on hold"

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2024, 12:28:40 PM »
FFP isn’t fit for purpose.  It needs a serious revamp and look at things like how finance is funded - is it debt or equity.

Finally no one should be subjected to any points deduction until Man City’s thing is resolved 9 years of cheating allegedly.  It’s not fair that some clubs should be fined and have deductions while Man City case remains open.

Finally it is anti competitive and causing clubs to make bad long term decisions for accounting reasons

I agree.  That they continue to strut about having 'illegally' spent their way to domination is a farce. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #273 on: January 13, 2024, 12:57:11 PM »
That Maquire fella that talks finance was pointing out earlier that with the general inflation the £110m should now be £218m losses, which would give a lot of clubs a lot more headroom. It is all a bull shit fix. If an owner wants to spend £300m, there should be an independent regulator account that they match fund that total into on the side that should they go bust or tits up supports the club afterward. Owners own risk then, not the clubs.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #274 on: January 13, 2024, 02:03:06 PM »

But it is working perfectly as designed.

To keep ambitious wealthy clubs like Villa & Newcastle out of the status quo.

Now we are knocking on the door, we are starting to feel the pinch of "FFP" & if the reporting is true, we might have to sell a player to purchase another.

While other clubs who have cheated their way to the current advantage they have now have raised the drawer-bridge.

And the irony of calling the reigns that hold us back from using the same tactic as the clubs holding those reigns, "Financial Fair Play", is not lost on me...

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #275 on: January 13, 2024, 02:28:27 PM »
We need to expand our revenues to offset the pinch. Something Heck has been brought in to do. And while some the tactics being employed look clumsy in the short term, like the ground delays, hopefully the long term is much larger global footprint of our “brand” coupled with success on the pitch. We bring in more we can keep our top players for longer. And finding those kids and selling them on is also a big part of the plan. Don’t get attached to any of our academy unless they are truly sensational and break into the first team. Because chances are they will be sold.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #276 on: January 13, 2024, 02:52:03 PM »

But it is working perfectly as designed.

To keep ambitious wealthy clubs like Villa & Newcastle out of the status quo.

Now we are knocking on the door, we are starting to feel the pinch of "FFP" & if the reporting is true, we might have to sell a player to purchase another.

While other clubs who have cheated their way to the current advantage they have now have raised the drawer-bridge.

And the irony of calling the reigns that hold us back from using the same tactic as the clubs holding those reigns, "Financial Fair Play", is not lost on me...
I completely agree - FFP is only effective in maintaining the status quo.  The fact that between them - the sky 6 clubs have over 2bn in debts - and Villa and Newcastle don't really have any makes it even more of a farce. 

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #277 on: January 13, 2024, 02:58:17 PM »
We need to expand our revenues to offset the pinch. Something Heck has been brought in to do. And while some the tactics being employed look clumsy in the short term, like the ground delays, hopefully the long term is much larger global footprint of our “brand” coupled with success on the pitch. We bring in more we can keep our top players for longer. And finding those kids and selling them on is also a big part of the plan. Don’t get attached to any of our academy unless they are truly sensational and break into the first team. Because chances are they will be sold.
yes - and if you look at all the global partnerships they have created by investing in teams in other countries demonstrates that they have a long term plan with selling prospects as a key revenue source

Offline Gareth

« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2024, 08:29:12 PM »
Seems Everton and Forest are expecting to be charged with breaches of P&S rules tomorrow according to The Athletic

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2024, 08:46:13 PM »
Hopefully Man City's 115 FFP breaches really hits them hard. Why is it taking so long to get a verdict? They'll probably overturn a fair few breaches, but 115? I doubt it.......

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2025
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2024, 08:49:34 PM »
Seems Everton and Forest are expecting to be charged with breaches of P&S rules tomorrow according to The Athletic

Everton again? Blimey

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2024, 08:59:30 PM »
Hopefully Man City's 115 FFP breaches really hits them hard. Why is it taking so long to get a verdict? They'll probably overturn a fair few breaches, but 115? I doubt it.......

Christ knows. Just punish them and let them appeal afterwards. From League 2.

Offline Gareth

« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2024, 09:02:22 PM »
115 may be the issue…Everton was a single breach, you’d assume if Everton and Forest are charged it’ll be a single breach again so fairly black and white with an appeal…gonna take 3/4 years for Abu Dhabi with multiple trophies won in that time no doubt

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2024, 09:14:36 PM »

Christ knows. Just punish them and let them appeal afterwards. From League 2.

And place them in a complete transfer ban while they refuse to give documents & slow down the process with high priced lawyers...

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2024, 11:53:11 PM »
Can Everton be punished again? 10 points was already unprecedented at this level so I presume it would be a heavy fine which doesn't really help them get their house in order. Locking them out of transfer windows for a year or two wouldn't make much difference as they don't have anything to spend anyway.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal