collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 09:20:08 AM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Dogtanian
[Today at 09:07:28 AM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[Today at 08:56:37 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:48:44 AM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by Baldy
[Today at 08:46:32 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:44:50 AM]

MOTD by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:40:09 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by AV82EC
[Today at 08:20:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 238123 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #750 on: September 26, 2021, 09:35:40 AM »
It worrying when your record signing isn’t thought of as an automatic starter

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #751 on: September 26, 2021, 09:41:44 AM »

How so?

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #752 on: September 26, 2021, 09:44:41 AM »
Not at all. He’s just settling in. He looked excellent yesterday when he came on I thought.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #753 on: September 26, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
It could be worse, he could be Joelinton who's still settling in after three years.  I've few worries about this lad.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #754 on: September 26, 2021, 10:38:22 AM »
If he had played as many Premier league minutes as Grealish has for Man City this season he would have higher numbers that him for goals and assists.

The facts are Buendia has played one full 90 minutes and in that game he scored.
And has only played 258 minutes of football.

I predict he'll get equal or better numbers than Grealish this season.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 10:41:07 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #755 on: September 26, 2021, 11:07:06 AM »

Man. United signed Sancho for about 70m and he's played less than Buendia so far.

Donny van whatshisname was 40m + and he must've started about two league games for them in 18 months!

Just got to accept as we keep rising up the league we'll be signing more players in 25-40m bracket and they all won't be able to start week in week out.

Think Buendia will be back in the team before too long. Think Arsenal away will be good game for him given how they play and they wanted him in the summer. I assume he won't be around for Wolves match if Argentina call him up again.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #756 on: September 26, 2021, 11:19:55 AM »
Really isn't. It shows how strong the rest of the squad is. In any case though, despite Emi B costing £40m-ish ... how many of our players would you turn down that money for? I'd argue we've for a number of players above that price bracket:
- Martinez
- Mings
- McGinn
- Watkins
- Konsa

All of those, I'd be particularly unhappy if we accepted a £40m bid for. We've also got a second batch of players who are approaching that level:
- Emi B (obvs)
- Ings is about £30m
- Dougie Luiz must be over £30m now surely?
- Bailey is around that figure too
- Sanson would've been £35m ish until the French League had a car crash
- Traore is in a similar boat, would've been £25m+
- Cash & Targett must be approaching that £30m-£40m bracket, if they're not already in it
- Jacob Ramsey isn't there yet, but could realistically be approaching that bracket come the end of the season if he maintains his form

We're in a weird place, for ourselves anyway, that we've got a number of players in the squad who we couldn't afford if they were playing for another Premier League club. Credit to the coaching & scouting staff for putting us there.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #757 on: September 26, 2021, 11:26:02 AM »
Bit of a controversial view, but if also place El Ghazi at the bottom end of that bracket. I'd put it this way. £20m isn't going to get you a player with El Goalzi's stats who's got 3 years of PL experience under his belt and still has his prime years (just about) ahead of him. I'm saying he's £25m at least, but given the prices quoted for Smith-Rowe and McNeill, I think £30m+ isn't that outlandish.

I like Emi B, and as Footy said it wouldn't surprise me if he ended the season with better stats for us then Joe had, not least because there whole squad is stronger.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 11:29:03 AM by algy »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #758 on: September 26, 2021, 11:51:12 AM »
I can't see Smith moving away from the 3-5-2 any time soon, and as it stands Buendia and to be fair Bailey don't fit readily into that system as starters. If we do revert to 4-3-3 for the easier looking games like Wolves at home, then I can see Bailey starting but not Buendia. The midfield three of McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey looks set in stone at the moment. But anyway it's all good. £30m players not being guaranteed a start, just the sign of a big team on the up.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #759 on: September 26, 2021, 11:54:01 AM »

Don't make the mistake of equating "record signing" with "most valuable player" or even "best player".  Because that's not how it works.  It's just a reflection of the market at the point we acquired them.  I would say we've got a few players who are now worth a bit more than Buendia, it's just we signed them before they reached their current level.

Little Emi is a great addition to our squad, and I'm confident he will prove his worth over the season and beyond, but it's not even remotely worrying he's not an automatic starter. Very few players in our squad actually are.  It would be a more worrying reflection of the quality of our squad if he WAS an automatic starter.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #760 on: September 26, 2021, 12:13:43 PM »
Really isn't. It shows how strong the rest of the squad is. In any case though, despite Emi B costing £40m-ish ... how many of our players would you turn down that money for? I'd argue we've for a number of players above that price bracket:
- Martinez
- Mings
- McGinn
- Watkins
- Konsa

All of those, I'd be particularly unhappy if we accepted a £40m bid for. We've also got a second batch of players who are approaching that level:
- Emi B (obvs)
- Ings is about £30m
- Dougie Luiz must be over £30m now surely?
- Bailey is around that figure too
- Sanson would've been £35m ish until the French League had a car crash
- Traore is in a similar boat, would've been £25m+
- Cash & Targett must be approaching that £30m-£40m bracket, if they're not already in it
- Jacob Ramsey isn't there yet, but could realistically be approaching that bracket come the end of the season if he maintains his form

We're in a weird place, for ourselves anyway, that we've got a number of players in the squad who we couldn't afford if they were playing for another Premier League club. Credit to the coaching & scouting staff for putting us there.

Good post and illustrates that we are growing as a club.

A nice problem to have but it is hard to see where/how we can improve next as there’s few obvious weaknesses and the next level of player is unlikely to consider us (yet).

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #761 on: September 26, 2021, 12:16:39 PM »
A nice problem to have but it is hard to see where/how we can improve next as there’s few obvious weaknesses and the next level of player is unlikely to consider us (yet).

Which is precisely why Smith's telling the players that we can beat anyone in the league.

If this group gel the way it looks like they might be able to, top 6 is absolutely realistic. And if we qualify for Europe then a whole different level of player will take an interest in us.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #762 on: September 26, 2021, 12:18:53 PM »

Which is precisely why Smith's telling the players that we can beat anyone in the league.

If this group gel the way it looks like they might be able to, top 6 is absolutely realistic. And if we qualify for Europe then a whole different level of player will take an interest in us.

Which then begs the question, surely, that we already have top 6 players, why do we need new ones?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #763 on: September 26, 2021, 12:21:11 PM »

Which then begs the question, surely, that we already have top 6 players, why do we need new ones?

We want top 4 players? We want players who can win us FA cup or europa league in future?

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #764 on: September 26, 2021, 12:24:21 PM »

I reckon West Ham will eventually demonstrate why.  The squad needs to be bigger to ensure you’re no knackered for the league games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal