collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 232239 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Emi Buendia - Signed
« Reply #690 on: August 28, 2021, 05:00:41 PM »
Flashes today, but it's strange, it's like he's come from some foreign league where the game is slower. I wonder how much of that is down to how few options we ever give the man in possession.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #691 on: August 28, 2021, 05:19:59 PM »
I thought he played well today.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #692 on: August 28, 2021, 06:04:45 PM »
Thought he was better today. His close control seems poor. Often ends up with a poor couple of touches then ends up backing into a player with his arse. Might have been watching McGinn in training.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #693 on: August 28, 2021, 07:00:24 PM »
Scored a worldy today but spent half the time on the floor - I’ve not taken to him yet sorry

Online LukeJames

« Reply #694 on: August 28, 2021, 07:04:09 PM »
He gets caught on the ball very often, I think this is partly due to the static nature of our play.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #695 on: August 28, 2021, 07:19:18 PM »
He lost the ball too many times being weak today. Great goal though.

Probably misses the next game now because of Argentina.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #696 on: August 28, 2021, 07:47:54 PM »
Great goal, but not blown away so far tbh. Pretty confident he'll improve though, especially when we've got Bert and Bailey in the mix.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #697 on: August 28, 2021, 08:01:00 PM »
Flashes today, but it's strange, it's like he's come from some foreign league where the game is slower. I wonder how much of that is down to how few options we ever give the man in possession.

My take aswell on him.

It was a lovely finish and he hit a lovely pass out wide to Cash at some point in second half but he dosen't half lose the ball frequently when in decent positions.  Odd given he's played in this country for last 4 years especially in championship where it's far more frenetic.

Perhaps we were just spoilt by who he's effectively replaced but get the feeling we've overhyped him a little too much as there were chances to play Ings through today and he overhit the pass on 2-3 occasions.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #698 on: August 28, 2021, 08:07:41 PM »

My take aswell on him.

It was a lovely finish and he hit a lovely pass out wide to Cash at some point in second half but he dosen't half lose the ball frequently when in decent positions.  Odd given he's played in this country for last 4 years especially in championship where it's far more frenetic.

Perhaps we were just spoilt by who he's effectively replaced but get the feeling we've overhyped him a little too much as there were chances to play Ings through today and he overhit the pass on 2-3 occasions.

Or you can give a bit of time to a player to settle in to a new team with a very fragmented start to the season due to selection issues.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #699 on: August 28, 2021, 08:11:26 PM »
Worth pointing out he also won the ball back 9 times, which is pretty great.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #700 on: August 28, 2021, 08:13:23 PM »
Definitely, he’s a fighter as well as a very talented lad. Once Bailey is up to speed and we have options for flair elsewhere on the park his ability to shine and be more remarkable may increase too.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #701 on: August 28, 2021, 08:14:29 PM »

My take aswell on him.

Or you can give a bit of time to a player to settle in to a new team with a very fragmented start to the season due to selection issues.

Of course but it's more people hyping him up as potential signing of the season. He did cost 30m + after all so should be reasonable expectations not to take six months to get up to speed.

More excited to see Bailey once he gets starts, really think he's going to add much needed dimension to our style of play.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #702 on: August 28, 2021, 08:16:56 PM »
One goal in three from out wide ain’t a bad start? Just one behind Ings.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #703 on: August 28, 2021, 08:21:17 PM »

I want to see him hitting excellent throughballs for Ings, wasted one presentable chance in first half when he massively overhit it.

Was doing it no problem for Teemu Pukki so shouldn't be an issue I hope.

Offline Ian.

« Reply #704 on: August 28, 2021, 08:32:11 PM »

I want to see him hitting excellent throughballs for Ings, wasted one presentable chance in first half when he massively overhit it.

Was doing it no problem for Teemu Pukki so shouldn't be an issue I hope.
Me too, I just know once we have a settled side and he finds his feet, a little more flair elsewhere on the park it will come. There was a couple passes today which nearly made it, but not quite. We saw a glimpse in pre-season for Ollie, the ability to do that is there.

There’s no denying, it may sound like excuses but we’ve had a shocking summer. Covid has cancelled two games, the injury list is pretty ridiculous and that ****** leaving has sent ripples through the team and fans, which as much as we want to admit it, it’s really pissed us off and it’s a shocker of a hammer blow.

I think that’s why so many of us want that marquee signing. Problem more so than the manger. We want that lift. I presume the manager and his team have faith in their abilities. I guess we have doubts, which is not a surprise, considering the years of doom and gloom of we’ve witnessed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal