collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Advice needed.  (Read 1450 times)

Offline BlackCountryVilla

Advice needed.
« on: May 28, 2021, 07:31:09 PM »
Hi all,
My father and I are both season ticket holders and have been for many years. I think we are at the point when the old man may retire from going to the match. He’s not getting any younger and the last 16 months have taken a toll on him to be fair.
Is it possible for him to transfer the season ticket to my brother so he can go in his place? The seat used to belong to my brother but he had to stop going about 15 years back so my dad took the seat on. He feels it would be good to “hand it back” as it were!
There was no issue transferring it back then but there was no such thing as a “waiting list” !
Has anyone else had a similar situation? I’m a bit stuck on what to do.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Not sure which thread this is best in but feel free to move it if needed.
Cheers,
BCV.

Offline nigel

Re: Advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 07:46:20 PM »
Firstly, I don’t know, but I can’t see any reason why not.
I guess the only way to find out for definite would be to call, or email, the club directly.
At least you’d get a yes, or a no, rather than a load of non committal answers on here.
Good luck

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 08:01:51 PM »
Ask the ticket office tentatively, and if it can't be done your dad has decided to keep it for himself after all, hasn't he?

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 08:07:42 PM »
As I discovered at the weekend, you can change photo id easily so if you need to buy in your dad's name it won't be a problem if they introduce photo ID.  But as above i would imagine they would be pragmatic and allow the transfer

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 08:22:01 PM »
My mother passed away in September 2006 and had only got to the first couple of games on her season ticket book. My brother was able to take it over no problem paying the difference in price for an adult from an OAP.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 08:30:56 PM »
Ask the ticket office tentatively, and if it can't be done your dad has decided to keep it for himself after all, hasn't he?
I hear what you're saying! The only problem with that is the concession price. My brother looks old but wouldn't pass for a pensioner!

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 08:33:38 PM »
I guess the only way to find out for definite would be to call, or email, the club directly.
At least you’d get a yes, or a no, rather than a load of non committal answers on here.
Good luck
The only reason is that if there is a waiting list, should my brother "jump it"?
Any body have the best E-mail / phone number to sort this out?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 07:02:13 AM »
Good luck
The only reason is that if there is a waiting list, should my brother "jump it"?
Any body have the best E-mail / phone number to sort this out?
Last week a chap at work enquired about getting a season ticket, his first one.
He was told there is a waiting list of 8,000

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal