collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Season tickets 2021/22  (Read 54649 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Season tickets 2021/22
« Reply #480 on: August 10, 2021, 06:48:18 PM »
Still not got mine “M”.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #481 on: August 10, 2021, 06:48:41 PM »
I just discovered that despite signing up to the waiting list for my son over two years ago, because the system logged my fan ID, not his, the Villa just cancelled his place.

So I've had to add him again today and the chap at the ticket office reckons there are about 13,000 on the wait list now.

Nice one Villa. Grealish will be a Villa player again by the time my lad gets a season ticket! 😡

Do you have evidence of having (mistakenly) done it? Given the acknowledged pigs ear of a system, my feeling is they should and would honour it if it’s a provable genuine mistake. I’d get in touch with Lee Preece and then be very patient as my experience is complex issues are not getting attended to quickly:

Yes You can upgrade I did it a few times last season

You could only do it by phone and not online
I’m presuming nothing has changed this season
Have shifted the Season Tickets to the family zone have now found small print that you can’t upgrade a kids one in that zone (they maintain no only adult groups there), have been enquiring about if this is enforced eg even for an elder etc, still waiting for any response. (It’s a bit more complex an enquiry than that, but this bit worth being aware of).

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #482 on: August 10, 2021, 07:44:29 PM »
I just discovered that despite signing up to the waiting list for my son over two years ago, because the system logged my fan ID, not his, the Villa just cancelled his place.

So I've had to add him again today and the chap at the ticket office reckons there are about 13,000 on the wait list now.

Nice one Villa. Grealish will be a Villa player again by the time my lad gets a season ticket! 😡

Do you have evidence of having (mistakenly) done it? Given the acknowledged pigs ear of a system, my feeling is they should and would honour it if it’s a provable genuine mistake. I’d get in touch with Lee Preece and then be very patient as my experience is complex issues are not getting attended to quickly:

Yep, I've got the email confirmation from June 2019. I'm sure at the time there was no option to reassign the wait list place as I've bought extra tickets loads of times and assigned them to friends fan IDs before. The chap on the phone was having none of it though.

Does anyone have Lee Preece's email address?

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #483 on: August 10, 2021, 08:17:35 PM »
Anyone read anything about if upgrading a kids ST to an adult one will be possible for games they cant get to, I know you used to be able to do this but suspect COVID might put a halt on it? Cant find anything on website and dont fancy an hour on the phone.
Am I safe in assuming the same applies to upgrade my dad's pensioner ticket to an adult one for the games he can't go to so my brother can use it?
On a similar note would I need to change a pensioner one to take a junior in or is a concession ticket a concession ticket?

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #484 on: August 10, 2021, 08:20:58 PM »

Yep, I've got the email confirmation from June 2019. I'm sure at the time there was no option to reassign the wait list place as I've bought extra tickets loads of times and assigned them to friends fan IDs before. The chap on the phone was having none of it though.

Does anyone have Lee Preece's email address?

Will dm you now

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #485 on: August 10, 2021, 08:38:02 PM »
Anyone having issues linking accounts on the website? Need to do it to purchase memberships but it seems to be hanging.

I couldn't do it until I got through to them on the phone then they worked it out. Address or postcode on the system was a character wrong or something like that.

Online Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #486 on: August 10, 2021, 08:55:00 PM »
Cheers, have bounced them an email

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #487 on: August 10, 2021, 08:56:07 PM »
You could try Tweeting AVFC Support your Fan ID, name, address and postcode, too. They might be able to fix if it's just an admin error.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #488 on: August 10, 2021, 11:06:50 PM »
You could try Tweeting AVFC Support your Fan ID, name, address and postcode, too. They might be able to fix if it's just an admin error.

Presumably only in a private/direct message!

My one T arrived today, the kiddo’s still to come as expected.

Been priming/preparing her for her first match, she had an endearing attempt at yippie aye yay already :)

Aston Villa fans VERY LOUD beating Birmingham City 4-2 in the second city derby https://youtu.be/2hChLPt2bIA

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #489 on: August 10, 2021, 11:09:52 PM »
There's nothing better than attending matches when you're a kid, before grim reality ruins your dreams. 😄

I hope she enjoys it mate.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #490 on: August 10, 2021, 11:13:45 PM »
Anyone read anything about if upgrading a kids ST to an adult one will be possible for games they cant get to, I know you used to be able to do this but suspect COVID might put a halt on it? Cant find anything on website and dont fancy an hour on the phone.
Am I safe in assuming the same applies to upgrade my dad's pensioner ticket to an adult one for the games he can't go to so my brother can use it?
On a similar note would I need to change a pensioner one to take a junior in or is a concession ticket a concession ticket?

On entry the light either shows concession or adult, so i think some don’t bother if they are different types. Technically I’m sure it should be the exact type. There is IIRC a limit to how many upgrades per season, again no idea if enforced, I imagine best not to ask too many questions on that and come up against a limit if and when it occurs. 
Last time we were in I upgraded my dad’s elders a good few times, never any issues. It’ll be interesting if anything is stricter, but the ST letter suggests most Covid extra rules are dropped save much cleaning. Which when you consider stuff has a limit to how long it can survive would often probably be overkill, but I guess eg first 2 in 8 days it makes sense.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #491 on: August 11, 2021, 03:46:05 PM »

Went down to the ground, ticket office was closed with a notice to say phone them, I did, an hour on the phone, then cut off without speaking to anyone. First time the ticket office have been anything other than first class but very annoying.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #492 on: August 11, 2021, 07:23:44 PM »
Received Adult W. 

If you're significantly before W I'd be getting on to them.

UTV

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #493 on: August 11, 2021, 09:16:47 PM »
There's nothing better than attending matches when you're a kid, before grim reality ruins your dreams. 😄

I hope she enjoys it mate.

Thank you. It’d be interesting to count up ex’s/dates I converted to the Villa, on multiple continents, but to (hopefully) bring on the at least 4th generation in the family is something special :)

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #494 on: August 12, 2021, 07:28:25 PM »
I spoke to them today (35 min wait) and they said yes, you can upgrade, give them a call once tickets are on sale. Im sure you could do it through the website in the past, but the guy on the phone said you’ve never been able to.
I need to speak to them about wheelchair tickets.  I held for 75 minutes this afternoon before losing the will to live and hanging up!  This was after 2 sessions of holding for 45 minutes each time this morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal