collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ice Cream Licking Aston Villa 2-1 Supposed ESL team Chelsea  (Read 21374 times)

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Magnificent Aston Villa 2-1 Supposed ESL team Chelsea
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2021, 06:11:21 PM »
20 point improvement on last season, whatever people think about the bad run we've improved massively and are very unlucky to not be top half, I can't think of a season where 55 points hasn't been enough before, it's certainly not happened for the last 10 years.

A twenty point improvement is massive in the scheme of things.

Who was the Chelsea player interviewed after the game who said some complimentary things about the Villa support?

We're 10 points clear of the team below us, I'm counting that as us being in the top half ;-)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2021, 06:12:01 PM »
Fantastic to finish the season with a couple of great results. The back five were brilliant, SJM and Marvelous fought like lions, Jack looks stronger with every game and Ollie can be forgiven for some loose control as he must be completely knackered given the shift he once again put in.

Thanks, Villa. It's been emotional.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2021, 06:13:59 PM »
It has been quite a season with a fantastic start and a fantastic finish and a bit up and down in between.

However 20 points better off than last season is quite something.

Some canny purchases in the summer and hopefully we can make a push for the top 6.

Well done Villa. Thanks for an excellent season.

Online Aldridge Villa

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14:03 PM »
Courtney Hause, Marv Nakamba. I doff my hat. Absolutely superb, as was the support 👍👏

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14:11 PM »
Great to win our first home game with Real Live Villa Fans back (who sounded brilliant BTW). Everyone there should have enjoyed that, despite the crap weather!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2021, 06:14:27 PM »
Really enjoyed that. Dodgy first 20 minutes but we really grew into it after. Kind of feel that's the next step for this group of player, to truly believe we can match teams like Chelsea from first minute. 4 points off them this season.

Reminded me of a decade ago when we beat Arsenal and Liverpool right at the end back to back.

I can't quite see things going south like a few weeks after those games! So so much to build on.

By pretty much all metrics we've been very unlucky not to finish in the top 10 this season. Just need to be patient and continue buildinf and it will happen next season.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2021, 06:15:39 PM »
All of them were excellent today. McGinn, Nakamba and the whole defence were superb.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 06:16:10 PM »
Interesting that Smith gave Chukwuemeka his home debut and 20-25 minutes of game time, bearing in mind the FA Youth Cup game tomorrow.

Wonder if it was to try and dissuade him from listening to the clubs who are rumoured to be after him and sign a new contract with Villa?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2021, 06:17:32 PM »
And what a fucking keeper. I know it's all been said but fucking hell, even with the ball over the line he was determined to stop it hitting the net.

He's ridiculously good.

Absolutely. The amount of games he's kept us in is frightening not to mention the points. We are blessed. I still can't decide between him and Targett for Player of the Season.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2021, 06:18:45 PM »
Interesting that Smith gave Chukwuemeka his home debut and 20-25 minutes of game time, bearing in mind the FA Youth Cup game tomorrow.

Wonder if it was to try and dissuade him from listening to the clubs who are rumoured to be after him and sign a new contract with Villa?

Thats what I reckoned

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 06:19:17 PM »
And what a fucking keeper. I know it's all been said but fucking hell, even with the ball over the line he was determined to stop it hitting the net.

He's ridiculously good.

Absolutely. The amount of games he's kept us in is frightening not to mention the points. We are blessed. I still can't decide between him and Targett for Player of the Season.

I'd have Konsa and Watkins in the mix too.

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 06:20:09 PM »
Lovely stuff. It was made all the better by tiny tinkle wingeing in his post match interview.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2021, 06:21:14 PM »
Well, that seems to prove that there's no such thing as a meaningless villa game for me. Nothing to play for and was still nervy when they scored. Really good result, in a season of many great results. Onwards and upwards.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 06:23:46 PM by Ger Regan »

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2021, 06:21:22 PM »
Well done to the players, the fans and Dean. Plenty to be pleased about and to enjoy this evening.

Crucial next steps for us to make that jump into challenging the top can wait a couple of days.

UTV!

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2021, 06:22:04 PM »
Its days like today when I like to stick my villa clad chest out...raise two fingers to the rest of the football world and shout.WE ARE FUCKIN ASTON VILLA.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal