collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Bournemouth by LeeB
[Today at 12:53:08 PM]

Carney Chukwuemeka by Rigadon
[Today at 12:47:38 PM]

Ashley Young by Clampy
[Today at 12:44:29 PM]

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread by algy
[Today at 12:37:01 PM]

Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD by Jon Crofts
[Today at 12:35:17 PM]

Crest Review by LeeB
[Today at 12:33:44 PM]

The cycling thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:23:16 PM]

The International Cricket Thread by UK Redsox
[Today at 12:20:36 PM]

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 16191 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 19056 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 14965 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 14264 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 14855 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carney Chukwuemeka  (Read 77261 times)

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 01.08.2022
Re: Carney Chukwuemeka
« Reply #630 on: May 26, 2022, 08:14:31 AM »
Iím getting a real Moore brothers vibe here, far too much Billy big bollocks going on for him to ever care about anyone but Carney to the detriment of the squad/team.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2022
« Reply #631 on: May 26, 2022, 08:22:29 AM »
I wonít be at all upset if he leaves. We lost points giving him game time/trying to pacify him in the last few games. I still have no idea why Purslow described him in such glowing terms. Very counter-productive.

Which games did we lose points by out of interest?
Arguably Burnley at home as he was so ineffective.  But it's a bit tenuous.  IF he signs then starting him will have been the right decision.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #632 on: May 26, 2022, 08:48:14 AM »
Iím getting a real Moore brothers vibe here, far too much Billy big bollocks going on for him to ever care about anyone but Carney to the detriment of the squad/team.

I don't remember either of the Moore brothers being 'Billy big bollocks' either

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2022, 08:54:49 AM »

I do, right after the FA Youth Cup win they were parading around the pitch like they didnít have to do anything else, that their future success was guaranteed and we all know what happened.

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #634 on: May 26, 2022, 09:15:51 AM »
Luke had a decent professional career to be fair.
Stefan's was a big disappointment for sure.

Online cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2023
« Reply #635 on: May 26, 2022, 09:20:46 AM »

I do, right after the FA Youth Cup win they were parading around the pitch like they didnít have to do anything else, that their future success was guaranteed and we all know what happened.

They were looking happy after winning a cup? The bastards. I think you've imagined something that wasn't there. Same again with Carney. Hopefully he signs a new contract, goes on to be a star for us, and makes some of these bitter comments look embarrassing.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 12.11.2022
« Reply #636 on: May 26, 2022, 09:20:53 AM »
It would be nice if he signed but you canít win them all. 

I am more keen to see players like Tim, Barry, KkH and Archer getting a chance to be honest

I donít know if weíll be able to keep up with Carneys needs to be honest - as heíll be too far down the pecking order. 

Funnily it does show the importance of Europe and the cups - to give these players more game time

Online cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 27.01.2023
« Reply #637 on: May 26, 2022, 09:21:55 AM »
It would be nice if we could draw someone in the cup that wasn't Chelsea/Liverpool/Man U + officials.

Offline Risso

• GM : 01.03.2023
« Reply #638 on: May 26, 2022, 09:25:21 AM »

I am more keen to see players like Tim, Barry, KkH and Archer getting a chance to be honest

I donít know if weíll be able to keep up with Carneys needs to be honest - as heíll be too far down the pecking order. 

Funnily it does show the importance of Europe and the cups - to give these players more game time

I think I agree Beard. He's in a position where we're fairly well stuffed with options. If he's not prepared to wait for his chance, then it's best we just get what we can for him. I'd like to see him do well here, but he doesn't look ready for the first team, and so if he thinks he can play more regularly elsewhere, then he can leave and good luck to him.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #639 on: May 26, 2022, 09:27:49 AM »
He's really not as good as he thinks he is.

No more than promising.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 28.01.2023
« Reply #640 on: May 26, 2022, 09:48:41 AM »
Other than hype i cannot see what all the fuss is about. He has had game time and apart from the Spurs game where he hit the post have not seen a great deal to get that excited about.

Im sure he is talented but i hope we are not being held to ransom over an 18 year old

Online john e

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #641 on: May 26, 2022, 11:10:41 AM »
loads of youngsters are promising knowing the difference at that age between potential and rare talent is the key
not all lads are obvious like Rooney or the job would be easy

i would suggest that if Barca, Dortmund and the likes are interested they might be seeing and looking for something that is not necessarily obvious to us
when he started in the last game i though he did ok certainly didn't look out of place for a young lad at that level that's pretty good, i didn't expect him to tear it up even Buendia didnt come in straight away and do that and he cost millions and is experienced

there's obviously something about the lad that football scouts like including us
just because he might leave doesn't mean he's no good, hes sought after for a reason

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #642 on: May 26, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »

I agree.  He looks a really promising young talent, but getting Daniel Crowley vibes at the moment.  Hopefully there's nothing more to it than someone getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #643 on: May 26, 2022, 11:26:53 AM »
He's had less than 300 premier league minutes this season.  That's not much game time at all, so the fact he hasn't had too many stand-out performances we all remember isn't that surprising.

The kid CLEARLY has plenty of ability - and stands out in his age bracket. But football history is littered with young players with crazy levels of ability who didn't make it at the top level.  We obviously want him to stay, but if he thinks his career will be better served elsewhere, then so be it.   

I've said it before, but part of having a top academy full of excellent youth prospects is losing very good players from time to time, because it's impossible to keep them all happy. We have to get used to it - it happens at ALL the top academies.  You would hope we'll make some decent money out of most of them, but some of them will just leave - that's the way it is these days.  Man City lost Jadon Sancho because they couldn't guarantee first-team game time to a 17/18 year old.  These things will happen to us, too.

If he goes, he won't be the last promising youngster who goes when we wanted them to stay.  We just have to hope that the ones who DO stay can start making a proper impression at first-team level.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #644 on: May 26, 2022, 01:56:08 PM »
I like your stressed words in capitals, Smithy. If everyone did it, it would do my head in but you make such salient points that...I guess it's easy to go with them, y'know?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal