collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Next season's kits by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 04:53:30 PM]

Crest Review by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 04:43:52 PM]

Tennis recycled - 2022 by usav
[Today at 04:43:18 PM]

The International Cricket Thread by Woofles The Wonder Dog
[Today at 04:28:13 PM]

Pre Season 2023 by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 04:21:37 PM]

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 04:18:27 PM]

Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Out on Loan by Scratchins
[Today at 04:06:24 PM]

Our young lions by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 03:57:42 PM]

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 14716 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 17601 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 13539 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 12845 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 13430 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carney Chukwuemeka  (Read 73235 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2022
Re: Carney Chukwuemeka
« Reply #585 on: May 20, 2022, 08:38:18 AM »
It was a difficult game, being thrown in as a 10 against a team fighting for theiir lives with a low block.  He was never going to find the space he needed.  But frankly from all his performances this season it's clear that he's not ready.  He should be on loan but his contract situation made that impossible.  He / his agent have really fucked up here and cost have cost him a year of valuable development.  Probably also cost us an incredibly talented player.

If he wants to get back on track the first thing he should do is sack his agent.  The second is sign a 2 year extension and the third agree to a loan in the Championship next season.   

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #586 on: May 20, 2022, 08:45:33 AM »
The only glimmer of a decent player I've seen is the cameo against Man Utd. Apart from that, he's flattered to deceive - No doubt there's a player there somewhere, but it's not going to come out if he thinks he's going to walk into the Villa starting 11.

He's obviously not being well guided, and his agent sees him as a cash cow. Agent needs potting, and Carney needs to sign the contract and go out on loan and get some valuable game time experience in the lower leagues.... THEN we'll see where we are.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #587 on: May 20, 2022, 08:57:54 AM »
Hes 18
A real talent
Cut him some f*cking slack

I think people would if he cut the f*cking big time attitude, appreciate where he's at and sign a new deal
You don't know what's been whispered in his ear, though his agent saying Jude Bellingham this and Wayne Rooney that about players getting 1st team games when they're young.

I hope Chuky signs a new contract. I think he's potentially an exceptional player and it's not unreasonable to think that him & Ramsey might start games for England together at some point. He's not there yet, but there's flashes of an amazing player. As long as we can keep his feet firmly grounded, he'll be a star.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #588 on: May 20, 2022, 10:23:13 AM »
I watched a lot of the youth cup run last season and he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch (literally, as well as figuratively, which is obviously a huge advantage at that level). His close control and his ability to run at defenders was incredibly impressive, he would just glide past opponents - his one weakness seemed to be in decision making once he'd created an opening - but he did it so often that it didn't seem to be a major problem.

He doesn't look ready for the Premier League, but that doesn't mean he won't be soon. The best scenario would be for him to sign a new contract and then spend a year in the Championship - toughen up, get a bit quicker and grow confidence to take players on in the men's game.

Whether he is willing to do that is another thing, of course. If he is after an immediate payday, that probably won't appeal to him and I don't think he will hear much more about him. If he wants to knuckle down and make the most of his talent, we could have a very good player in a couple of years.

Offline richtheholtender

« Reply #589 on: May 20, 2022, 10:24:23 AM »
Hes 18
A real talent
Cut him some f*cking slack

I think people would if he cut the f*cking big time attitude, appreciate where he's at and sign a new deal
You don't know what's been whispered in his ear, though his agent saying Jude Bellingham this and Wayne Rooney that about players getting 1st team games when they're young.

I hope Chuky signs a new contract. I think he's potentially an exceptional player and it's not unreasonable to think that him & Ramsey might start games for England together at some point. He's not there yet, but there's flashes of an amazing player. As long as we can keep his feet firmly grounded, he'll be a star.

You see flashes, i see a flicker of a dim light. He's just not ready in my opinion to the point where he's not even close. People are judging or pushing him on what he could be rather than what he's actually producing and of he is getting influenced by agents or anyone for that matter then regardless of age that's a weak character. These are big boys playing a big game now, time to grow up or listen to your agent and go elsewhere.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 07.04.2022
« Reply #590 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:23 AM »
I watched a lot of the youth cup run last season and he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch (literally, as well as figuratively, which is obviously a huge advantage at that level). His close control and his ability to run at defenders was incredibly impressive, he would just glide past opponents - his one weakness seemed to be in decision making once he'd created an opening - but he did it so often that it didn't seem to be a major problem.

He doesn't look ready for the Premier League, but that doesn't mean he won't be soon. The best scenario would be for him to sign a new contract and then spend a year in the Championship - toughen up, get a bit quicker and grow confidence to take players on in the men's game.

That's my view too. Watching the Youth Cup he just had that ability to quickly glide past players whilst looking like he was moving slowly. Still a big step-up to the PL though and he'll have to work hard and improve as Ramsey has done.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:32:28 AM by Brazilian Villain »

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 24.08.2022
« Reply #591 on: May 20, 2022, 10:31:41 AM »
Not in any way writing him off, but I think last night was a bit of a reality check for him.

Just as it took Ramsey a while to transition to PL level, it will for Chukwuemeka too. I just hope he is level headed enough to appreciate and understand that.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #592 on: May 20, 2022, 10:35:27 AM »
Whether he has talent or not is one thing, more importantly does he have the right attitude in terms of desire and determination to improve and succeed? Or does he think he's the finished article?

From what we've seen so far - yes to the first question, but I'm not so sure about the second one.

Clearly SG & Co think he's got a future and have a plan for him.

Somebody's got in his ear and it seems to me that it's that which is affecting his stonewalling on a new contract

If he does move, will his (apparent) Billy big boots attitude be repeated.

Brother Caleb has struggled on loan at Livingstone - there have been comments from their manager about his attitude and temperament.

Will the Chuckwemekas becone the new Stefan and Luke Moore?

Watch this space

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #593 on: May 20, 2022, 10:58:46 AM »

Whether he is willing to do that is another thing, of course. If he is after an immediate payday, that probably won't appeal to him and I don't think he will hear much more about him. If he wants to knuckle down and make the most of his talent, we could have a very good player in a couple of years.

This is it for me. Last night he got caught out by the intensity of the game. Lots of players, often signed for massive fees and with a lot more experience, have gone into premier league games like that and been chewed up. What matters, given his age, isn't how it played but what he learns from it.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2022, 11:04:12 AM »
I don't know how much truth there is in it but if the rumour of his contract offer being 30k a week are true he needs to get on with it and get a loan to a Championship or League 1 club sorted pronto.

He's not Premier League quality yet and he wouldn't get starts in the Bundesliga either.  He needs game time as I've seen nothing to reflect what others saw in the youth cup last year and our aims should be such that we can't afford to play with 10 men next season which is what we were doing last night against a very poor Burnley side.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #595 on: May 20, 2022, 11:19:19 AM »

This is it for me. Last night he got caught out by the intensity of the game. Lots of players, often signed for massive fees and with a lot more experience, have gone into premier league games like that and been chewed up. What matters, given his age, isn't how it played but what he learns from it.

I wonder if Gerard is giving him game time to show him he is not quite ready and help keep him grounded.  Yep last night he was off the pace and not quite aggressive enough. Time is on his side

Offline paul_e

« Reply #596 on: May 20, 2022, 11:23:34 AM »

I wonder if Gerard is giving him game time to show him he is not quite ready and help keep him grounded.  Yep last night he was off the pace and not quite aggressive enough. Time is on his side

Could be, or it could be that we're trying to give him things to learn from and 50 odd minutes against a bunch of thugs that spent most of the night with 8 men behind the ball is a learning opportunity.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #597 on: May 20, 2022, 11:24:16 AM »
I don't know how much truth there is in it but if the rumour of his contract offer being 30k a week are true he needs to get on with it and get a loan to a Championship or League 1 club sorted pronto.

He's not Premier League quality yet and he wouldn't get starts in the Bundesliga either.  He needs game time as I've seen nothing to reflect what others saw in the youth cup last year and our aims should be such that we can't afford to play with 10 men next season which is what we were doing last night against a very poor Burnley side.

30k/week for an unproven 18 year old and he's stalling? If that's true he should just sign, have a pre-season with us and then go and have a season in the championship. It's done players like James Garner good who has done really well at Forest this season and may be in Man United's plans next year as a result.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2023
« Reply #598 on: May 20, 2022, 11:29:05 AM »
I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as some did, he struggled to find space but didn't hide and took the ball in some tight areas. I thought his positional discipline was pretty good, he didn't get frustrated and occupy the deeper spaces as others sometimes do.

I can see something in him.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #599 on: May 20, 2022, 11:39:44 AM »
I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as some did, he struggled to find space but didn't hide and took the ball in some tight areas. I thought his positional discipline was pretty good, he didn't get frustrated and occupy the deeper spaces as others sometimes do.

I can see something in him.

I think that's fair, he did get caught wanting too long on the ball a few times. That added to his natural languid style and I can see why he gets some of the criticism he has, even if I disagree with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal