collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:52:23 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crystal Palace vs Aston Villa Pre-match thread - Sunday, May 16th 12pm  (Read 4713 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

No matter the score I want to see Kesler for Elmo after 60 mins. Ideally Chuk and JPB on the pitch at some stage too. No excuses with the injury list for this game, and Barkley's performance yesterday.
Kesler and Chuck played 90 minutes for the under 18s in their cup semi final win over WBA last night, cramp all over the pitch, so no chance either will start or possibly even be on the bench two days later.
Think Smith will start with the same side for 4th game in a row other than Elmo in for Cash and Ollie in for Davis, think Barkley will start again.
We almost never get a result here, like us there season is done added to that Hodgsons probably going to be gently pushed out, so hoping we have more motivation than them.
2-1 villa (Ollie, Grealish).

Offline Proposition Joe

Possibly our last chance to get to the 50-point mark this season, which I always see as a comfortable mid table amount. Anything in the 40s still lumps us with the relegation teams in my eyes.

A truly miserable ground, though without fans I hope our players can be less like church mice and assert themselves and get the win.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Possibly our last chance to get to the 50-point mark this season, which I always see as a comfortable mid table amount. Anything in the 40s still lumps us with the relegation teams in my eyes.

A truly miserable ground, though without fans I hope our players can be less like church mice and assert themselves and get the win.

We're currently 22 points off the relegation places so I wouldnt worry too much about being lumped in with them although I can see what you are saying regarding getting to 50 points, which would be a decent amount to finish on after last season.

I can see us beating these. We're decent away from home. 1-3.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Dean said Jack won't be ready to start, so Ollie in for Davis and Elmo in for Cash, Jack on the bench. We have been better away. Get above Leeds, top half finish please.

Can't see it happening. Leeds have got Burnley, Southampton and the Baggies left to play. Bottom half mediocrity for us, thanks to a fairly dismal second half of the season.

Offline Damo70

It was always a horrible ground to get to and it was grim when you did finally arrive there and at various points we played Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon there.

My first visit there was my worst visit when we lost 3-0 to Charlton on Easter Monday 1987 and although it was still to be mathematically confirmed that was the day I knew we were doomed. We also dropped vital title points when losing to a Garry Thompson goal there in 1990. Then there was the night we went out of the FA Cup on penalties to Wimbledon and I think Vinny Jones converted the last kick and gave it the big 'un in front of the travelling Villa fans. I think the 'Dalian game' is the only time I saw us win there.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:54:56 AM by Damo70 »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Dean said Jack won't be ready to start, so Ollie in for Davis and Elmo in for Cash, Jack on the bench. We have been better away. Get above Leeds, top half finish please.

Can't see it happening. Leeds have got Burnley, Southampton and the Baggies left to play. Bottom half mediocrity for us, thanks to a fairly dismal second half of the season.

No, neither can I and that would be such a shame after a decent start to the season. I'd hope we finish no lower than where we are now, which seems much more likely.

Offline Goldie.7

What's the chances Zaha baits Mings into stupidity for the third successive match?

£80m for Zaha who has more yellow cards than goals this year. Fingers crossed he finally pisses off to Arsenal in the summer so they can continue being absolute garbage.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
What's the chances Zaha baits Mings into stupidity for the third successive match?

£80m for Zaha who has more yellow cards than goals this year. Fingers crossed he finally pisses off to Arsenal in the summer so they can continue being absolute garbage.

I don't know about that, mate. I wouldn't say no to him down the Villa. Would be an upgrade on Trezeguet and El Ghazi, I reckon.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
I have an irrational dislike of CP, exacerbated by Saha's general petulance and snideyness. Since the incident with Mings earlier this season, I've noticed how he niggles, snipes and moans every game.  A thoroughly dislikeable player.

Offline N'ZMAV

I don't know about that, mate. I wouldn't say no to him down the Villa. Would be an upgrade on Trezeguet and El Ghazi, I reckon.
upgrade? yes - worth the asking price? no.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Is Mings even fit?

Was hobbling around like mad at the end and less than 72 hours recovery for this. Add in the euros coming up which is likely only time he'll go to major tournament and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to sit the rest of the season out, I get the feeling he's played many games for us over last 18 months less than 100% fit so plenty of credit in the bank for me.

No issue with Hause coming in, he was great v Palace on boxing day.

Offline Three Spires Villa

Terrible ground for us, hope we win but, not so sure

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
2-1 Villa win.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
I can see no reason why we should lose to Great Grandad Roy and his pensioners.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

3-1 Villa - please make it so
finishing 11th with a flurry of three wins at seasons end will make me very content .......

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal