collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread  (Read 13824 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Plucky Naive Aston Villa 1-3 Penalty United post match thread
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2021, 08:16:01 PM »
We have to get that nasty streak into our players of getting into referrees  and question why someone from Manchester was allowed to referee the game even before kick off, can you imagine Ferguson letting some Scouse doing a Liverpool Manchester game

You'd think Terry would be able to teach this? We did actually get a few decisions our way when he was centre-half.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2021, 08:17:12 PM »
never been away  Dasve and its one fact you can't dispute. Our record is appalling against both of them

Never been away, you just don't post when we win. I suppose it takes all sorts.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2021, 08:29:00 PM »
Players like Cavani, much like Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic are proper world class quality footballers. Even in their advanced years they are just head and shoulders in their intelligence above most others. Though can see what they have when they can bring him on and in an instant he can completely change games or integrate into them that makes an actual difference. We are a long way from that.
But that is where we need to be and it’s the type of player we need to attract if we’re going to compete

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »
I did think there was an element of the boy who cried wolf about Maguire’s injury. He went down screaming/complaining every time he was tackled. Then finally he had a real reason to make a fuss - shame.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2021, 08:44:47 PM »
Players like Cavani, much like Ronaldo or Ibrahimovic are proper world class quality footballers. Even in their advanced years they are just head and shoulders in their intelligence above most others. Though can see what they have when they can bring him on and in an instant he can completely change games or integrate into them that makes an actual difference. We are a long way from that.
But that is where we need to be and it’s the type of player we need to attract if we’re going to compete

Of course. But we need to progress to that point. We are not a Cavani away from the next level. We are several players away to compete for a regular top 6 much less a top 4 or beyond. If we can get to competing for a top 4 spot, like Leicester maybe then we start to consider a player that really propels us to the next level. Right now though we are still a bit away.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2021, 08:50:24 PM »
I did think there was an element of the boy who cried wolf about Maguire’s injury. He went down screaming/complaining every time he was tackled. Then finally he had a real reason to make a fuss - shame.
He gets away with so much, he constantly pushes grabs and pulls players he has his arms all over them and never gets penalised.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2021, 08:56:01 PM »

If we can get a 24year old from a club like Palermo who is on the brink of becoming that player then I'd be happier with that than signing the 34year old version on 3-4 times the wage. It might mean we need to be a bit more patient but long term it will be more successful.

Malen is that player this summer in my opinion and if we are adding another attacking player he'd be the one that really made people pay attention.

If not him then there are plenty of other fantastic young players around that we should be looking at who can all make that step up in the next year or so and would all be big signings for us. Camavinga who's been mentioned on the transfer thread recently would be high on that list.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2021, 09:14:59 PM »
It had to happen eventually, but Thursday night we get to see the current Villa side without Watkins. Not a great prospect.

Not with Wesley leading the line as he doubtless will....I don’t think he touched the ball when he came on and offered nowt...he’s crap and the sooner we realise that the better

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2021, 09:32:53 PM »
I dont want to go as far as saying he's crap but I do think at this moment in time that Davis would offer more for us.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2021, 09:37:05 PM »

Of course. But we need to progress to that point. We are not a Cavani away from the next level. We are several players away to compete for a regular top 6 much less a top 4 or beyond. If we can get to competing for a top 4 spot, like Leicester maybe then we start to consider a player that really propels us to the next level. Right now though we are still a bit away.
Yes I totally agree. And I believe we are heading to a point where we are in contention for players such as Cavani. But it’s gonna take patients and time

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2021, 09:46:40 PM »
Maguire, granny faced twat.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2021, 09:47:39 PM »
We have to get that nasty streak into our players of getting into referrees  and question why someone from Manchester was allowed to referee the game even before kick off, can you imagine Ferguson letting some Scouse doing a Liverpool Manchester game

We do, I think we started to have it with Jack, he developed a clever as fuck side to his game. Moaning about everything, constantly at the ref, a 'shithouse' as the kids put it.

If anything those antics started going against him when it came to referees decisions.

I think a few on here need to put down the whiskey/gin/beer/toilet duck, forget the referee conspiracy theories and chill out for the night. Individual defensive errors were punished by a quality attacking players. Performance on the whole was one of our better ones since Grealish got injured.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2021, 09:47:47 PM »

And thats all there is too it really.

Offline wince

« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2021, 09:49:04 PM »
I missed the game as I forgot we were playing. Nice to see glory glory yanited get their penalty. I was worried for a moment it might piss on their parade to not get one.....but bad for the brand and all. Out of interest I was watching F1 highlights and realised everything sky touches gets bigger, bolder and entertaining. Yet it becomes predictable and overblown and all about the brand.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2021, 09:51:55 PM »

Hey, I'm a gran and I object to being likened to Maguire!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal