collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2363 | Comments: 5

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 4784 | Comments: 39

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 2192 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1424 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...
August 06, 2021, 06:39:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1649 | Comments: 11

The new name for the 100 ball ...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jaden Philogene-Bidace  (Read 16283 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 07.04.2022
Re: Jaden Philogene-Bidace
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2021, 09:12:06 PM »
Martinez and Buendía both out after dropping a US television award on their big toe.

Where do they keep this big toe they both share?

Mar del Plata.

Offline JD

• GM : 11.01.2022
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2021, 12:57:01 AM »
John McGinn out for a month with food poisoning after eating too many dodgy deep fried Mars bars, when up in Glasgow. 

Offline pelty

« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2021, 09:11:22 PM »
I am not sure how or where, but I think this man deserves a shot. I think there is something about him and would like to see how he fares with more than the occasional cameo in the league.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 19.03.2022
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2021, 09:22:02 PM »
I am not sure how or where, but I think this man deserves a shot. I think there is something about him and would like to see how he fares with more than the occasional cameo in the league.

I totally agree.  He’s the one of the next crop who I think will be a major star.  He’ll get his chance soon enough I reckon.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2021, 09:38:11 PM »
I'm happy for him to get little cameos for the next few months, let him (and chuk) get 9-10 appearances under their belts and then see where we are after Christmas. How we handled JJ Ramsey is a perfect blueprint for bringing youth players through.

Offline pelty

« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2021, 09:58:01 PM »
I'm happy for him to get little cameos for the next few months, let him (and chuk) get 9-10 appearances under their belts and then see where we are after Christmas. How we handled JJ Ramsey is a perfect blueprint for bringing youth players through.

Fair, but I was a little concerned that he did not make the bench last game. Thus far, he has only one very short cameo this season, but arguably deserves a bit more based on his performances elsewhere.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2021, 10:04:18 PM »

Fair, but I was a little concerned that he did not make the bench last game. Thus far, he has only one very short cameo this season, but arguably deserves a bit more based on his performances elsewhere.

He's been out injured, which is why he hasn't made the last two squads.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2021, 10:06:38 PM »
I think a few cameos up until Christmas then a 6-month loan to a decent championship side once Bailey/El Ghazi/Buendia/Traore are fully integrated (also Trez, when is he back?)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 24.08.2022
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2021, 10:18:04 PM »
Luiz and Konsa both out for a month with acid rain.

Offline pelty

« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2021, 02:34:06 PM »
I think a few cameos up until Christmas then a 6-month loan to a decent championship side once Bailey/El Ghazi/Buendia/Traore are fully integrated (also Trez, when is he back?)

For me, I would rather JPB get time over El Ghazi, Trez, or even Traore (though that one is a closer call).

Offline paul_e

« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2021, 02:48:44 PM »

For me, I would rather JPB get time over El Ghazi, Trez, or even Traore (though that one is a closer call).

I'm with you on the first 2 but Traore is quality and should be playing regularly for us, him, Bailey and Watkins is the 3 you want if you're struggling to make chances.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 28.01.2022
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2021, 04:01:21 PM »
Now that would terrorise even the best defences

:P

Offline pelty

« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2021, 06:05:44 PM »

I'm with you on the first 2 but Traore is quality and should be playing regularly for us, him, Bailey and Watkins is the 3 you want if you're struggling to make chances.

He infuriated me last year with his up-and-down play, but I agree that he is talented and when on his game will absolutely terrorize defenses. OTOH, his defensive effort is so woeful that it drives me mad. I prefer him as an impact sub, personally. I do recognize why he has so many supporters, though; he is a cut above El Ghazi and Trez, imo.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »

He infuriated me last year with his up-and-down play, but I agree that he is talented and when on his game will absolutely terrorize defenses. OTOH, his defensive effort is so woeful that it drives me mad. I prefer him as an impact sub, personally. I do recognize why he has so many supporters, though; he is a cut above El Ghazi and Trez, imo.

I'm not a fan of judging wingers based on the work they do in defence, if they're forced to defend enough for that to have a consistent impact on team performances then you're doing something wrong. A big part of why I like variations of 433 is that you can afford to have at least one of your central midfielders drift to help out a fullback if they're overloaded and your striker(s) and winger(s) can focus on high press and trying to force errors. If I'm completely honest for me I prefer my wingers being higher up the pitch than my striker who I'm happy to see drop in and help in midfield without the ball, wingers generally get more time and space to spring a quick counter attack.

If you play a 442 having a more defensive winger on one side is useful but that's mainly to recreate the advantages of a 433 so seems a bit redundant.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »

Don’t get me wrong, I hope JPB is the long term answer, but in the shorter term let him go on loan, get games under his belt, grow and make mistakes at someone else’s expense.  If it goes as planned you can then look to sell El Ghazi in the summer and promote JPB with a degree of certainty.

The “ten minute” approach definitely has merit, for say Chuck in the number Ten role, because he’s not blocking a more experienced player. 

Ultimately I don’t want the squad getting too flabby and loans keep us lean.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:03:05 PM by Dante Lavelli »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal