collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 09:18:27 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:09:59 AM]

FFP by LeeS
[Today at 08:33:24 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread  (Read 16757 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Liverpool - 2 Aston Villa -1 Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2021, 11:42:53 PM »
I think people would just like another proven striker in the squad, that's all.

Signing John Carew years back helped push us up from 11th-16th to 6th after all so another experienced striker out there at 25-26 so fancies playing in premier league would fit the bill for me.

We ain't finishing 6th anytime soon with the back up striker options we have I'm afraid. One of the reasons we get so few points in games we're losing with 20 minutes left.

I think with our issues it makes sense to target a CF who can also play regularly out wide in the 3 as many of the top teams have. Think David Neres at Ajax is worth targeting as he can play either role, is 24 and been in Brazil squads with Doug and think he's got two years left on his deal so with Ajax signing Haller they'll probably want to cash in.

Will probably be some decent european clubs after him so think that would be type of ambitious move we need to start making in next two years.

Neres is a decent shout but my conern is that he's never really nailed down a place as a regular starter for them despite having a decent record.

Donyell Malen at PSV is the player I'd go for in the dutch league, I think he'd fit perfectly in a 3 with Watkins and Grealish. Would be big money though because I suspect a lot of teams are looking at him for this summer.

Yeah Malen is decent but you only have to look at Bergwijn at Spurs who I think was posting similar stats at PSV, I believe it's 0 goals and 0 assists at Spurs so far this season despite a decent amount of minutes up to last few months. Can he play centrally or is he just a pure wide player?

Neres was a regular starter when Ajax got to CL sfs two seasons ago (scored v Juventus and Real Madrid).

This season he's started all of their europa league knock out games so plays the ones that really matter for them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2021, 09:16:34 AM »
Having spoken to a few Liverpool fans about the game, the general consensus from them was that it was a close game, they all felt like they were going to lose and what a goal to win it.

I said there were a number of fans that thought we were shit and they'd have none of it.

I think we're potentially doing ourselves down here and it's probably on the back of a mess successful period than earlier in the season.

I work in an office full of Kopites and they share the same view.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2021, 09:19:50 AM »
Having spoken to a few Liverpool fans about the game, the general consensus from them was that it was a close game, they all felt like they were going to lose and what a goal to win it.

I said there were a number of fans that thought we were shit and they'd have none of it.

I think we're potentially doing ourselves down here and it's probably on the back of a mess successful period than earlier in the season.

my commiserations.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2021, 11:09:04 AM »

I work with a couple of Liverpool fans that all think a draw would've been a fair result. They also said they thought they massively got away with one for the penalty shout.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2021, 11:45:27 AM »
Match going Liverpool fans are probably the fairest bunch of away fans I have ever come across. They tend to speak pretty kindly of us and are fair and knowledgeable.

Contrast that with the plastics that populate RAWK and the like and you see a huge disparity.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2021, 03:41:05 PM »
Match going Liverpool fans are probably the fairest bunch of away fans I have ever come across. They tend to speak pretty kindly of us and are fair and knowledgeable.

Contrast that with the plastics that populate RAWK and the like and you see a huge disparity.

I couldn't agree more, I spent a fair stretch working in the city and had many great discussions with fans of both sides without any twattery.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2021, 05:39:53 PM »

Agree Drummond, living in the area, having talked to many redscouse, they were all very happy with the three points and many thought that a draw would have been a fair result.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2021, 12:20:02 AM »
So did the commentator and Pat Nevin on the radio.

Things I don't understand:

1. A minority who seem to think that Deano's time is up!!

2. Continuing to play Dross Barkley (been dying to say this) when he contributes SFA.

3. Not using Keinan for the last half-hour to have a go at their dodgy centre-backs.

4. How we didn't get a penalty -oh, hang on, I think VAR was involved!! No problem, then.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »

I work with a couple of Liverpool fans that all think a draw would've been a fair result. They also said they thought they massively got away with one for the penalty shout.
the Liverpool fans I work with wouldn't have a clue where Anfield is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal