collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: End of year accounts  (Read 7070 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: End of year accounts
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2021, 01:54:15 PM »
Thank the Lord for the bank of our 2 owners

The question is will we ever make a profit again?

They will want to increase the value of the asset rather than make profit.
How do you increase the value of an Asset (by which I presume you mean the Football Club) by sustaining losses?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2021, 02:04:35 PM »
Presumably by signing 'assets' whose value increases over time.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2021, 02:13:20 PM »
I would imagine it's like spending money on your house - you'll how a loss over the year but the value increases.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2021, 03:02:50 PM »
Thank the Lord for the bank of our 2 owners

The question is will we ever make a profit again?

They will want to increase the value of the asset rather than make profit.
How do you increase the value of an Asset (by which I presume you mean the Football Club) by sustaining losses?

I assume Man Utd are still in debt - and they're still quite an asset

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2021, 04:52:41 PM »
There seems to be some confusion between a Trading account (Profit and Loss), Cash Flow and a Balance Sheet.

Increasing the value of an Asset would not impact the Profit and Loss Account.

Incurring expense is different from investing in Assets

Yes Man Utd is in Debt as are pretty much every business on the planet.

The difference with Villa is that our Shareholders are Investing in the Club whereas Man Utd are Borrowing from Institutions generally via the Capital Markets.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2021, 07:01:02 PM »
There are clearly some intangibles. The attractiveness of a club is hard to value isn't it?

But don't you think that Villa are now far more attractive and would cost a lot more than we did when NSWE bought us, despite the losses?

Pretty much all the players we've bought have increased in value, yet on the books they won't show that way will they?

The name of Aston Villa is being noticed again, we're performing well and that in itself is attractive. The owners can write off the losses against tax elsewhere too, so a loss isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2021, 07:06:14 PM »
it's a lot more attractive - it's a Premier League club now compared to when they bought it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
We'd be worth a good £350m now.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »
I'm no account but..

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2021, 08:10:32 PM »
Come on, let's financially-dope our way to the top (with a bedrock of youth prospects turned good, obvs)!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:13:51 PM by eamonn »

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2021, 08:27:29 PM »
There are clearly some intangibles. The attractiveness of a club is hard to value isn't it?

But don't you think that Villa are now far more attractive and would cost a lot more than we did when NSWE bought us, despite the losses?

Pretty much all the players we've bought have increased in value, yet on the books they won't show that way will they?

The name of Aston Villa is being noticed again, we're performing well and that in itself is attractive. The owners can write off the losses against tax elsewhere too, so a loss isn't necessarily a bad thing.
You said “they will want to increase the value of an asset rather than make a profit”
Which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
That’s why I asked you the question, which you obviously have a problem answering, so maybe stick to lecturing on political correctness and right on thinking.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2021, 08:51:00 PM »

You said “they will want to increase the value of an asset rather than make a profit”
That’s why I asked you the question, which you obviously have a problem answering, so maybe stick to lecturing on political correctness and right on thinking.

Seems a bit uncalled for!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2021, 08:57:57 PM »

And maybe you could concentrate on posting without abuse.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2021, 09:18:25 PM »
I’m no accountant either but I will go out on a limb and hazard a guess that both have more money in their current accounts than I have

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2021, 09:43:18 PM »

Well, it does.

You realise the profit when you sell an asset at its increased value. I think what Drummond is saying is that they're in it for that, rather than draining the club of money from one year to the next (if they were in it for that, they'd have to be in it for the long term anyway as that's not happening for a while).

They are clearly playing the long game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal