collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109317 times)

Offline Demitri_C

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3240 on: June 21, 2021, 01:07:31 PM »
Football insider allege that they ahve been told Ward prowse is interested in coming here.

I would take that with a pinch of salt as this site is notorious for making things up

So if they’re known for making it up why are you quoting it?

Because the stuff they make up we don’t like

But the stuff we like we hope they didn’t make up

It’s a transfer rumour thread.
The source is unreliable, but it’s still a rumour.
My guess is if it had been posted by a H&V big hitter it wouldn’t have been questioned

I’d query anyone posting rumours from that bunch of lying click bait wankers. It staggers me people’s lack of an internal edit function, they just rehash any old shit and expect the rest of us to do the editing for them. Well bollocks to that.

And yes I will die on this hill of forever ridiculing and questioning people who quote FootballInsider.

Give it a rest will you, your talking nonsense. Its a rumour thread. It probably is a load of crap but thats what a rumour thread is for . How hard is that to comprehend?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3241 on: June 21, 2021, 01:08:36 PM »
Spot on. It is a thread for rumours. Something to talk about on a football forum.

Smith Rowe and Ward Prowse would be good signings squad wise. Still need a backup centre forward for me.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3242 on: June 21, 2021, 01:13:39 PM »
Spot on. It is a thread for rumours. Something to talk about on a football forum.

Smith Rowe and Ward Prowse would be good signings squad wise. Still need a backup centre forward for me.

I agree mate. Id be thrilled with both. Arsenal see us a threat now so cant see them seeing SR to us unfortunately.

Hopefully  WP is interested as we are a bigger and more ambitious club than Southampton

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3243 on: June 21, 2021, 02:09:47 PM »
Arsenal fans are so triggered this morning. Some claiming we are disrespecting them for bidding on their players, buying the ones they want, beating them constantly, making them a greater laughing stock than they already are. That kind of stuff.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #3244 on: June 21, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »
Seen us linked with Julian Alvarez from River Plate today. Don't know anything about him, but apparently is a right winger that seems fairly highly rated.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3245 on: June 21, 2021, 02:15:34 PM »
Football insider allege that they ahve been told Ward prowse is interested in coming here.

I would take that with a pinch of salt as this site is notorious for making things up

My guess is if it had been posted by a H&V big hitter it wouldn’t have been questioned

I’d query anyone posting rumours from that bunch of lying click bait wankers. It staggers me people’s lack of an internal edit function, they just rehash any old shit and expect the rest of us to do the editing for them. Well bollocks to that.

And yes I will die on this hill of forever ridiculing and questioning people who quote FootballInsider.

Yeah but he did tell you to take it with a pinch of salt which is what you should’ve done Instead of getting your knickers in a tangle On that hill of yours

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3246 on: June 21, 2021, 02:28:59 PM »
Seen us linked with Julian Alvarez from River Plate today. Don't know anything about him, but apparently is a right winger that seems fairly highly rated.
I was half expecting us to go in for South American players this summer. Relatively untapped market just opened up this year, and we're one of a small number of clubs able to make moves.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3247 on: June 21, 2021, 02:29:56 PM »

Never seen him other than a youtube video I watched when I saw the same story but there's a bit of a debate over whether he's a striker who can play wide or a winger who can play centrally but either way that's exactly what I want as our cover for Watkins, means both get plenty of game time but leaves space for Wesley to be rehabilitated into the squad. For £15m he seems like a fantastic option.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #3248 on: June 21, 2021, 02:38:54 PM »
I was half expecting us to go in for South American players this summer. Relatively untapped market just opened up this year, and we're one of a small number of clubs able to make moves.

With all the talented south American players we have you would think we are heavily looking at this market

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3249 on: June 21, 2021, 02:42:58 PM »
How's he going to get on with getting a visa when he's only made one appearance for the national team? Special dispensation perhaps because of the size of the fee?

Offline jwarry

« Reply #3250 on: June 21, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »
Argentina Villa bring it on!

Online algy

« Reply #3251 on: June 21, 2021, 03:09:06 PM »
How's he going to get on with getting a visa when he's only made one appearance for the national team? Special dispensation perhaps because of the size of the fee?
He's bound to have played (not checked mind) regularly in the Argentine league and Copa Libertadores, which from my understanding would possibly be enough to get a work permit now.

Online algy

« Reply #3252 on: June 21, 2021, 04:02:49 PM »
FootballInsider (yes, I know) reckons we're upping the bid to £30m for Smith-Rowe.  Arsenal are preparing to brace themselves, whatever that means.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3253 on: June 21, 2021, 05:00:22 PM »
He's bound to have played (not checked mind) regularly in the Argentine league and Copa Libertadores, which from my understanding would possibly be enough to get a work permit now.

Yeah, the new rules make it much easier for non-EU players to get clearance to play. Especially South Americans as the Copa Libertadores is classed as equal to the Champions League. Any player playing for one of the really big South American sides would likely have no issues getting permission to sign. So long as they are 18 or over.

Decent article about it here if you're bored while Austria and Ukraine are shitfesting a draw...

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

Offline nigel

« Reply #3254 on: June 21, 2021, 05:31:42 PM »

Give it a rest will you, your talking nonsense. Its a rumour thread. It probably is a load of crap but thats what a rumour thread is for . How hard is that to comprehend?

Very 😉

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal