collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1119827 times)

Offline TelfordVilla

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #3105 on: June 17, 2021, 11:52:37 AM »
Oh FFS

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3107 on: June 17, 2021, 11:58:35 AM »
I actually think he has more chance of first team football with Arsenal than us too and supposedly supports them.

Suppose it doesn't hurt to see if we can tempt him though.
Not sure about that.  If we buy him he plays 10 with Jack and Buendia either side.

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #3108 on: June 17, 2021, 12:31:16 PM »
we've had trouble filling the number 8 shirt. no one made it their own last season. Barkley and Ramsey had their moments. If Buendia is the replacement for Trez it means we are looking for an 8, Emile Smith is exciting but he's only had one season in the prem. A big contract and he could easily disappear like many of them do.
I remember watching an interview with him and he said his favorite player was Grealish so it's quite possible the chance to play along side him may tempt him. He must have seen us up close last season when we destroyed arsenal. Barkley and Grealish were taking the piss all game, I sometimes watch that clip on my computer in awe when Barkley stops the ball dead. it's up there with Kodkia's sneeze skills.

It's interesting the amount of English lads we are linked with. The u15's captain Feeney looks like he might join and Ward Prowse has been mentioned. Has purslow heard a whisper that quota's are in the pipeline perhaps?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3109 on: June 17, 2021, 01:15:10 PM »
we've had trouble filling the number 8 shirt. no one made it their own last season. Barkley and Ramsey had their moments. If Buendia is the replacement for Trez it means we are looking for an 8, Emile Smith is exciting but he's only had one season in the prem. A big contract and he could easily disappear like many of them do.
I remember watching an interview with him and he said his favorite player was Grealish so it's quite possible the chance to play along side him may tempt him. He must have seen us up close last season when we destroyed arsenal. Barkley and Grealish were taking the piss all game, I sometimes watch that clip on my computer in awe when Barkley stops the ball dead. it's up there with Kodkia's sneeze skills.

It's interesting the amount of English lads we are linked with. The u15's captain Feeney looks like he might join and Ward Prowse has been mentioned. Has purslow heard a whisper that quota's are in the pipeline perhaps?

I'd say it's more that the long term goal is to have a large part of oure squad come through the academy which means attracting the best young players. A good way to do that is to be able to point at all the kids who've already walked that path with us. Right now Jack is key to that but if we can add people like Chuk it just strengthens our 'brand' as the club to join if you want to make it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3110 on: June 17, 2021, 01:31:28 PM »
Trying to sign a further attacking midfielder is a sign that the best in the league won't be playing a full 38 games for us.

If we get 25 out of Jack, then having Emi fill in at 10 or wide etc with an ESR type, leaves us pretty nicely covered.

Offline AllanW

« Reply #3111 on: June 17, 2021, 01:49:03 PM »

I'd say it's more that the long term goal is to have a large part of oure squad come through the academy which means attracting the best young players. A good way to do that is to be able to point at all the kids who've already walked that path with us.

Yes to both answers plus this; Purslow and NSWE are long-term thinkers. The English player tactic could well be in preparation for registering squads for European competitions; the various English/foreign/qualified-by-residency/qualified-by-being here a long time/U21 age etc categories need careful planning.

Quite a few teams over the last few years have pissed-off some good players by not being able to pick them for the European campaigns. I suspect our owners are aware and planning to minimise this issue.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3112 on: June 17, 2021, 01:57:45 PM »
Trying to sign a further attacking midfielder is a sign that the best in the league won't be playing a full 38 games for us.

If we get 25 out of Jack, then having Emi fill in at 10 or wide etc with an ESR type, leaves us pretty nicely covered.

As fans we need to start thinking again that we are a big a club. Because we are but naturally given the past decade that won’t just happen. Everyone is scarred by false dawns and failure. But in order to operate at the very top we need excellent players in every position and excellent back up players, some who will compete for starting roles and some who are just great squad or role players. And in time the academy players will push for starting roles and some will go on loan to develop. And we will have a bigger coaching staff and the ground will be expanded as we welcome back top level domestic and European competition

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #3113 on: June 17, 2021, 02:10:47 PM »
Ashley Preece has apparently said Ward-Prowse and Smith=Rowe are very unlikely. Think he was doing a live chat late this morning.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3114 on: June 17, 2021, 02:20:25 PM »
I could have said that and I probably know as much as him.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #3115 on: June 17, 2021, 02:31:27 PM »
I mean...yeah.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #3116 on: June 17, 2021, 05:19:46 PM »
Spurs are there for the taking if any more manager talks break down they’ll be turning to Steve Evans.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3117 on: June 17, 2021, 05:20:22 PM »
#announcePards.

Offline Monty

« Reply #3118 on: June 17, 2021, 06:03:26 PM »
You look at the Spurs chaos, at Arsenal's half-arsedness, Everton's faffing around, and you can just imagine our owners thinking 'fuck me, these guys are such utter losers.'

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3119 on: June 17, 2021, 06:27:54 PM »
Ashley Preece has apparently said Ward-Prowse and Smith=Rowe are very unlikely. Think he was doing a live chat late this morning.
I'm sure he's right, but strongly suspect he's just guessing like the rest of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal