collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1119468 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #1275 on: May 17, 2021, 10:44:19 PM »
The thing with Harry Kane is nobody here should be laughing. That may very well be us next season with Jack unless we win something or show serious ambition in the market this summer and make real progress again in the league next season.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1276 on: May 17, 2021, 10:49:26 PM »
The thing with Harry Kane is nobody here should be laughing. That may very well be us next season with Jack unless we win something or show serious ambition in the market this summer and make real progress again in the league next season.

I think we know and accept that it definitely will be the case. One ought never to pass up the opportunity to revel in the misfortune of others, particularly Spurs.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1277 on: May 17, 2021, 10:55:29 PM »

I think we know and accept that it definitely will be the case. One ought never to pass up the opportunity to revel in the misfortune of others, particularly Spurs.

No I entirely agree with you as a general rule. It was more specifically them losing their best player. But as you were.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1278 on: May 18, 2021, 12:36:46 AM »
I think £10m and Neil Taylor should seal a deal for Kane.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1279 on: May 18, 2021, 06:45:10 AM »
Really hoping Jack's done his tapping up job when he's been on England duty, we become to Tottingham what Middlesbrough were us in the late 90s, and Kane & Son both leave them "to win more trophies" and end up lining up for the Villa.  But with the key difference that we actually win trophies.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1280 on: May 18, 2021, 07:59:48 AM »
I'd really like to see Pereira signed from the Baggies. 10 goals in a struggling team is impressive. Imagine him and Jack....?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1281 on: May 18, 2021, 08:52:14 AM »
a bit too facile for me that link

Online sid1964

« Reply #1282 on: May 18, 2021, 09:03:17 AM »
Considering the likes of City / Utd / Chelsea have no money they are all willing to pay £120 million for Kane

Pereira watched him twice and not impressed, maybe just a decent player in a poor team, hopefully we are looking at other players.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1283 on: May 18, 2021, 09:06:31 AM »
Well no as the manager said they couldn't afford the fee
So actually he would only be more likely here and if loan then I think maybe West Ham can have a chance but they don't have the money like Villa.
I read we have a £250mil war chest which is delightful.
I don't see West Ham with same financials and Moyes has said can't afford the fee
Moyes is being coy and trying to talk the fee down.  Don't take it literally.
And the Spammers paid out £40m for Haller, so they do know how to splash the cash.
Badly.
True, but will it stop them from pushing the boat out again? - probably not.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1284 on: May 18, 2021, 09:22:14 AM »
I can't see Kane going to Man City. Guardiola seems to prefer playing with a false nine.
I know Kane has been playing more of a deep role for Spurs this season but he still thrives on crosses into the box, which is not Pep's way. I think both him and Tuchel for that matter believe having a central figure/target is outdated in modern day football and I do too.

I can see him going to Man United though.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1285 on: May 18, 2021, 09:31:03 AM »
I can't see Kane going to Man City. Guardiola seems to prefer playing with a false nine.
I know Kane has been playing more of a deep role for Spurs this season but he still thrives on crosses into the box, which is not Pep's way. I think both him and Tuchel for that matter believe having a central figure/target is outdated in modern day football and I do too.

I reckon he'll end up at PSG with his old boss.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1286 on: May 18, 2021, 10:02:02 AM »

Yep, Man Utd seems the obvious link because their manager is much more traditional in how he uses his attack, none of the other likely English clubs would suit him. PSG is a good call by LeeB as well and I could see Real being interested even though they clearly can't afford him.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1287 on: May 18, 2021, 10:33:47 AM »

Yep, Man Utd seems the obvious link because their manager is much more traditional in how he uses his attack, none of the other likely English clubs would suit him. PSG is a good call by LeeB as well and I could see Real being interested even though they clearly can't afford him.

Yeah, the PSG link by LeeB is a good call. Gets on well with Pochettino and he would score a shed load of goals in that league. Maybe Icardi goes in the other direction?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #1288 on: May 18, 2021, 10:50:22 AM »
I can't see Kane in Paris. Although it would benefit the England side immensely for its better players to play for top clubs in different leagues, Kane doesn't strike me as anything but a Premier League stalwart. It'd be like Shearer suddenly upping sticks to Bayern Munich.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1289 on: May 18, 2021, 10:53:51 AM »
I can't see Kane in Paris.

I don't know, he's always struck me as a bit gauche.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal