collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109034 times)

Offline garyellis

Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #945 on: May 08, 2021, 01:24:59 PM »
The player who may be gettable but would cost with no or little resale value is Zaha.
He would change the dynamics of the team and make others take notice.
Top 4 clubs probably won’t come in for him now and we may be an interesting proposition for him.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #946 on: May 08, 2021, 01:51:06 PM »
Fuck me the supporters of this club baffle me sometimes. We have owners richer than Croesus who can max out the credit card to stay within the limiting factor FFP and still people suggest no mark payers from clubs in the bottom six. I’m with cdbullywee, we need some serious statements of intent this summer no fucking about. If this club has any pretentions of being competitive in the top 6 then people like Berge, McNeil, Zaha etc etc are not going to cut it. I haven’t a clue who we will try and get but the club needs to be thinking international and champs league experienced players.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #947 on: May 08, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »
Personally, I don't give a shit where they come from as long they improve us.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #948 on: May 08, 2021, 02:05:39 PM »
Fuck me the supporters of this club baffle me sometimes. We have owners richer than Croesus who can max out the credit card to stay within the limiting factor FFP and still people suggest no mark payers from clubs in the bottom six. I’m with cdbullywee, we need some serious statements of intent this summer no fucking about. If this club has any pretentions of being competitive in the top 6 then people like Berge, McNeil, Zaha etc etc are not going to cut it. I haven’t a clue who we will try and get but the club needs to be thinking international and champs league experienced players.
everyone wants big name players. Just depends if they want to come to Villa. If these top players we should be going for are "galacticos" then surely they might have better offers, like clubs in the Champions League?

Offline garyellis

« Reply #949 on: May 08, 2021, 02:16:51 PM »
You have to have a level of realism. If you think we can attract (not afford) a better proven premier league player than Zaha send me some of the stuff you are on.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #950 on: May 08, 2021, 02:44:34 PM »
Galacticos only. Like Schmichael and Ginola. 

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #951 on: May 08, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »

Indeed. Fits in with how some Evertonian described his club last week, '35 years of transition'; let's not go that route especially when we not only have a club that is primed from top to bottom to take as big step up, owners ready to support it and a market that has been financially hit by Covid. We really don't want another chapter in the book, 'The Missed Opportunities of Aston Villa'.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #952 on: May 08, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »
Anybody know anything about Dwight McNeil (21) at Burnley?

He's a useful player, lacks a bit of pace but has a nice left foot.  £15 million will just about buy his left leg though, BBC gossip from whatever Football Insider is.  Fits our purchasing criteria as he's at the right age and should only get better.

Thanks for that 👍

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #953 on: May 08, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »
How's the Galacticos approach working for Real Madrid right now? Signing a 'fuck me' player might be exciting at the time but if the risk is that they start acting like they're doing us a favour. Barkley was a bit of a surprise signing for a team starting their second season back in the Premier League and it started well but look at his attitude since his injury. Trudging off the pitch in a sulk and acting like he doesn't care, giving the ball away and then not tracking back. Forget it if they're going to act like a Billy big bollocks. I would rather players that have a combination of ability and the right attitude.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #954 on: May 08, 2021, 03:09:51 PM »
How's the Galacticos approach working for Real Madrid right now? Signing a 'fuck me' player might be exciting at the time but if the risk is that they start acting like they're doing us a favour. Barkley was a bit of a surprise signing for a team starting their second season back in the Premier League and it started well but look at his attitude since his injury. Trudging off the pitch in a sulk and acting like he doesn't care, giving the ball away and then not tracking back. Forget it if they're going to act like a Billy big bollocks. I would rather players that have a combination of ability and the right attitude.

+1

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #955 on: May 08, 2021, 03:19:26 PM »
And on the other hand there's John Terry, who a lot of us said was only here for one last payday but who gave everything he had because that's what great players do in every match.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #956 on: May 08, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »
Any of our Italian based fans or folks that watch Serie A know anything about Domenico Berardi at Sassuolo?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #957 on: May 08, 2021, 03:58:35 PM »
Carew was probably the last of that ilk. Not quite world famous but I imagine loads of other clubs around us at that time were quietly impressed we'd pulled off that signing and he quickly helped us from mid table to 6th.

Being where we are now I actually think Tammy could be similar type coming back as fans would immediately love it and you'd back him to get off to a quick start scoring.

Perhaps we could just play 4-3-1-2 next season and ditch signing a proven wide player as those tend to be in 30-40m bracket unless you scout really really well.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #958 on: May 08, 2021, 04:00:49 PM »
Any of our Italian based fans or folks that watch Serie A know anything about Domenico Berardi at Sassuolo?

He's similar to Grealish. Could've easily moved on to higher Italian club last few seasons but is very loyal to them. 15 goals in Serie A this season and he's not a striker. Should also make Italy euros squad.

If he wants to come to prem we should be in like a shot but feels the sort of signing Atalanta will make.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #959 on: May 08, 2021, 04:00:59 PM »

just googled him , £27 million winger 26 years old ,  are we after him ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal