collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1109082 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2021, 02:24:57 PM »
It would not be very likely to happen, but I'd move Heaven and Earth to try and get Pulisic.

He’s very good. But he’s not fit very often and he also cost Chelsea the thick end of £60m. Not a player I would go for.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #301 on: April 12, 2021, 04:53:16 PM »
The exciting thing is we will be spending a very decent amount of money this summer on players that should break our transfer record a few times I imagine. We need to upgrade and add depth in a number of areas because if nothing else the recent run without Jack has proven the drop off in quality is too great. Now much of that falls on the manager but some of it naturally is highlighted in that we need better players in key midfield and attacking areas. That’s where the focus will be and I hope complimented by one or two younger players stepping up from the academy.

Which of the young guys are capable of stepping up? Ramsey had a successful spell on loan at Doncaster last season at least but the likes of Louis Barry still physically looks like a kid in comparison. There's a big jump to playing kids football to the premier league. Even Jack spent a spell at Notts County.

Big decision on whether Jack stays primarily on left wing or moves inside. He can obviously do both but with Barkley coming in last summer it kind of forced Jack to stay left. A more tactically flexible player would give us more options there I think.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #302 on: April 12, 2021, 05:03:04 PM »
The exciting thing is we will be spending a very decent amount of money this summer on players that should break our transfer record a few times I imagine. We need to upgrade and add depth in a number of areas because if nothing else the recent run without Jack has proven the drop off in quality is too great. Now much of that falls on the manager but some of it naturally is highlighted in that we need better players in key midfield and attacking areas. That’s where the focus will be and I hope complimented by one or two younger players stepping up from the academy.

Which of the young guys are capable of stepping up? Ramsey had a successful spell on loan at Doncaster last season at least but the likes of Louis Barry still physically looks like a kid in comparison. There's a big jump to playing kids football to the premier league. Even Jack spent a spell at Notts County.

Lend Barry out to West Brom to get a season in the Championship under his belt. I expect they'd like that.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #303 on: April 12, 2021, 05:15:50 PM »
We should buy Bellingham and send him to Blues for similar reasons.

It wouldn't take much editing of his current badge to turn it into DVB.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 05:17:49 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #304 on: April 12, 2021, 06:04:18 PM »
The step up between U23 and first team is huge for those wanting to see some of the kids play this season.

I'd like to see a backup CB, a wide player, a '10' and a back up striker.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #305 on: April 12, 2021, 07:13:48 PM »
The step up between U23 and first team is huge for those wanting to see some of the kids play this season.

How do we know. Who was the last to step up from u/23? Ramsey seems capable. We will never know if nobody gets a chance. Other clubs throw kids in from time to time for a debut taster to give them the incentive to progress. 

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #306 on: April 12, 2021, 07:43:35 PM »
What about Ings? Soton are going backwards

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #307 on: April 12, 2021, 08:05:26 PM »

Injury-prone and getting on, but it's a yes from me.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #308 on: April 12, 2021, 08:06:36 PM »
we wouldn't pay those wages - Man City interested.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2021, 08:06:55 PM »

And prone to knee injuries. We don’t need anymore of those

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2021, 08:40:59 PM »
I like Ings but I don't think he's better than Watkins and I don't like signing players older than 27-28 who are coming in as backups, that mistake is how MON crippled the club finances for years after he left because every week where they don't play they become harder to sell when you realise you're paying a fortune for them to watch games.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2021, 08:50:39 PM »

Plus he has a very disarming speaking voice. Highly-desired in most walks of life.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2021, 09:09:49 PM »

How do we know. Who was the last to step up from u/23? Ramsey seems capable. We will never know if nobody gets a chance. Other clubs throw kids in from time to time for a debut taster to give them the incentive to progress. 

Even with Ramsey it is hard to say what sort of midfielder he is (an 8, 10 or 7?) and it feels like a bit of an experiment each time he is selected.  I think, as general policy, all youngsters should have a season on loan with the aim of them playing every week and going through their growing pains on someone else’s time.  In the meantime you sweat the assets that you have like Sanson and Marvellous.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2021, 09:10:45 PM »
Ings would be injured before he had even lifted the scarf for the Twitter photos. Southampton have been hugely lucky to get as many games out of him as they have. He'd be talking to the physio more often that Damo watches shite telly if he signed for us.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2021, 09:42:28 PM »
Is it always the same injury for him or is he just made of glass?

I'd love him with us I must say. Really intelligent player. His finishing remind me of Shearer more than even Kane's do; emphatic and clever. But he wouldn't be worth the fee/fit the buying-model we seem to be going for.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal