collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Astnor
[Today at 09:34:17 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.  (Read 1108879 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Summer Transfer Thread and Gustavo Cisneros Type Rumours.
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2021, 11:36:26 AM »
If we did sign Olise, I think he would be immediately involved in the first team squad and wouldn't be loaned out.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #256 on: April 11, 2021, 10:00:41 AM »
If we did sign Olise, I think he would be immediately involved in the first team squad and wouldn't be loaned out.

I think he great.

An injection of pace needed so the signing from Reading if they don't go up would be great.. People scoffed at Lingard but someone if his running and movement on and off ball is necessary.

Benraham would have been better served at Villa and Bowen would have been good last season . Seems West ham took our players as we be 4th or higher if had 2 of those 3. Instead they are.

We need an Ashley Young type wide forward and an engentic midfielder.

Let's offer £40 million for Eze Dean Smith would really bring him on and he would suit how we play.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #257 on: April 11, 2021, 10:04:02 AM »
I want to sign Neto, not just because he's a good player with bags of pace, but for a reaffirmation of where that gap has and always will be.

Neto and Tammy would be a brilliant summer.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #258 on: April 11, 2021, 10:48:28 AM »
I want to sign Neto, not just because he's a good player with bags of pace, but for a reaffirmation of where that gap has and always will be.

Neto or McNeill would be brilliant. Our three wide options aren't good enough for us to progress. Both of those are very good at carrying the ball up the pitch which we badly need.

We all like Tammy but Watkins was signed to lead the line. We won't be signing Tammy for big money for him to rotate with Watkins. Few of the London clubs are in dire need of a striker..West Ham, Arsenal or if Kane leaves Spurs.

Think we need more of a replacement for Davis in the squad really and then for Smith to actually give that player a decent run of minutes.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 10:56:35 AM by brontebilly »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #259 on: April 11, 2021, 11:40:59 AM »
Tammy could play in any of the 3 forward positions though. That's the positive with him is that he could be top quality alternative to Watkins but he could easily play alongside him as a wide forward.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #260 on: April 11, 2021, 11:49:03 AM »
Tammy could play in any of the 3 forward positions though. That's the positive with him is that he could be top quality alternative to Watkins but he could easily play alongside him as a wide forward.

Ollie can also play in any of the three positions, so to have both him and Tammy together could mean that they could interchange during the game which would cause some confusion in the opposition defence at least.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #261 on: April 11, 2021, 12:08:43 PM »
McNeil is a decent shout, proper old school winger, very direct.

Offline villa for life

« Reply #262 on: April 11, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »
I think credit should also be given for not signing certain players. Josh King and Callum Wilson both would have cost mega bucks.. the latter knows where the goal is but too injury prone.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #263 on: April 11, 2021, 01:50:00 PM »

Yep I agree
Netto is the sort of signing that we really need to be involved in if possible

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2021, 02:13:28 PM »
McNeil is a decent shout, proper old school winger, very direct.
Pisspoor in the game just finished but a good player and a great work ethic.

Offline nigel

« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2021, 02:15:32 PM »

I think he great.

An injection of pace needed so the signing from Reading if they don't go up would be great.. People scoffed at Lingard but someone if his running and movement on and off ball is necessary.

Benraham would have been better served at Villa and Bowen would have been good last season . Seems West ham took our players as we be 4th or higher if had 2 of those 3. Instead they are.

We need an Ashley Young type wide forward and an engentic midfielder.

Let's offer £40 million for Eze Dean Smith would really bring him on and he would suit how we play.

I’d agree, but wasn’t the reason he went to Palace because he didn’t want to leave London?

Offline nigel

« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2021, 02:19:58 PM »

Ollie can also play in any of the three positions, so to have both him and Tammy together could mean that they could interchange during the game which would cause some confusion in the opposition defence at least.

I agree.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, too.
Both Ollie and Tammy can play across the line, so it’s possible to play both together

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2021, 04:12:21 PM »
Yeah, that's how I see Tammy-Watkins working too, maybe both playing about 50% of the games as centre forward and another 20% or so on the wing. Wes as 3rd choice striker, with Keinan out on loan at a lower half PL side.

Offline nigel

« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2021, 04:45:21 PM »
Yeah, that's how I see Tammy-Watkins working too, maybe both playing about 50% of the games as centre forward and another 20% or so on the wing. Wes as 3rd choice striker, with Keinan out on loan at a lower half PL side.

If Keinan goes on loan I’d prefer a top 10 championship team to a lower half prem one.
A lower prem team won’t create many chances, so he’ll be under pressure to score.
A good quality championship team, Brentford, Swansea and the like, will create more opportunities for him.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2021, 04:57:36 PM »
I just don't see Tammy in that role at all. He's a good player around the box but I don't think his all round game is good enough to play wide. He's fine drifting out every now and then but I think he'd be found out very quickly if we asked him to do the job that we expect our wingers to do.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal