collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Social Media  (Read 3148 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Villa Social Media
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 10:11:01 AM »
Just out of interest, have other clubs posted a similar message? And if so, have they been met with the same response?

I don't really care, personally. We've put out a friendly, inclusive message. We can't control how idiots on social media react and hopefully the outright anti-semites who have responded will now stop following us.
Yeah, I agree.  I don't see it as being particularly getting involved in religion/politics.  The club has all sorts of different people with different religions who might be supporters, or employed (directly or indirectly) by the club, or live in Witton/Aston/.. and so are our neighbours.  It's just a nice thing to do.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 10:34:39 AM »
It definitely does look like the excessive response has come from the Egyptian contingent - so it is worse than at other clubs.
Liverpool had 9.5k angry faces on their message which is also high, but not as high as our 27k which is odd, both on the size of Liverpool’s international following, & on the basis that I would have expected Salah to attract more Egyptian attention than Trez & Elmo.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 10:39:40 AM »
Maybe stick to football and leave religion (and politics) to some other platform

This as well as the point made by TopDeck113.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 10:44:50 AM »
Being pleasant costs nothing. Sending best wishes to fans of all faiths, religions and beliefs just shows how inclusive we are and we shouldn't stop doing it just because someone else doesn't like it.

I think when there are negative responses the club should consider a further response reiterating their support for all faiths and religions and telling those that aren't happy to reconsider. And to express disappointment in those responses.

Politics is different and I'm not sure it's a good idea to get involved in that at all, we don't wish happy anniversary to a political party do we?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2021, 01:10:37 PM »
Did Trez have a secret past life as a pop star?

Egyptians, he ain't worf the adoration innit.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2021, 01:21:09 PM »
I'm struggling to see too many positives in social media lately; I'm sure it's not all bad news, but it's getting crazy now.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 01:49:30 PM »
Spurs fans on the post are saying Villa are one of the worst visiting teams for giving the gas chamber 'hiss'  I never went to WHL, is this true?  If it is then it's pretty fucking shit to hear it.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2021, 01:57:06 PM »
Spurs fans on the post are saying Villa are one of the worst visiting teams for giving the gas chamber 'hiss'  I never went to WHL, is this true?  If it is then it's pretty fucking shit to hear it.

It’s nonsense. I seem to recall the game at WHL where Villa fans were taking the piss out of the silent home fans and did the “hush” (shhh) thing that they do at all away grounds when the homes fans are being quiet. Spurs fans sitting nearby started showing faux outrage and the myth was born. If you think I’d sit near any Villa fans and allow them to do that.....

Edit - also worth noting that the only times I’ve heard the “Y” word at Spurs have been out of the mouths of Hertfordshire-based, wannabe cockney hard men.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:14:51 PM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2021, 02:04:03 PM »
Being pleasant costs nothing. Sending best wishes to fans of all faiths, religions and beliefs just shows how inclusive we are and we shouldn't stop doing it just because someone else doesn't like it.

I think when there are negative responses the club should consider a further response reiterating their support for all faiths and religions and telling those that aren't happy to reconsider. And to express disappointment in those responses.

Agree on both points, Drummond. The club have posted the following: 'The club deplores religious intolerance of any form and is an inclusive organisation who welcomes people of all faiths'.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2021, 02:14:16 PM »
Maybe stick to football and leave religion (and politics) to some other platform

This as well as the point made by TopDeck113.

Without religion there would be no Aston Villa.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2021, 03:57:30 PM »

Agree on both points, Drummond. The club have posted the following: 'The club deplores religious intolerance of any form and is an inclusive organisation who welcomes people of all faiths'.

Excellent

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 04:59:27 PM »
If the Villa wish us Happy Christmas is that political? I can’t really see that it is, therefore wishing people who celebrate other things Happy ‘whatever’ isn’t political either - it’s just pleasant.
It’s the responses that make it political.

It always used to piss me off when they put a xmas card in the bloody match program. Just give me football I dont care about xmas and neither does any one else who rocks up to a match over the xmas period. No need for xmas cards and happy this and happy that. Just 3 points and a good performance. Nothing else matters

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 05:43:36 PM »
Certainly wasn't any I heard in last season's opener at the new (and very impressive) Tottenham stadium.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal